|Would buy this product again.||100%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue
This stick is quite small and handy, it does all as promised.
It provides the sensitive skin areas with a very high protection agains uva/uvb, is water resistant and it does not irritate the skin. I use in summer regularly a high protection every morning as I am very fair and get sun burn and irritations easily.
During the day when I am just running errands or shopping I carry this in my make up bag and use it around for my face or hands, everywhere where my sunscreen might have been moved and where I need. Works perfect, is not visible and doesnt leave a greasy finish even when on top of make up.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
* Product - Avène Very High Protection Stick for Sensitive Areas SPF 50+ (New Formula)
* About Avène - This is a French skin care brand owned by Pierre Fabre, the French pharmaceutical group that also owns other beauty brands including Ducray, Rene Furterer, Galenic and Klorane.
* Product claims - Sunscreen stick providing the highest protection for sensitive areas and localized scarring. Effective against all sun rays (UVA-UVB long and short). Paraben free. UVA certified compliant. Very water resistant
* Review - I am a big fan of European sunscreen including SPF sunscreen sticks. I use the sunscreen sticks to provide additional localized super sunscreen protection for my most sun sensitive areas: eyes, lips, ears, nose, temples and any areas where there are age spots, acne scars and/or hyperpigmentation. As the name says, this is a very high protection stick that is specially designed to protect the most sensitive areas. The product itself is an oval milky white colored stick encased in a plastic cover, similar to lipstick but with click-turn knob. The stick provides precise application and is very tenacious; it lasts through heat, sun and sweat. It is also hygienic because there is no need to use your fingers to apply. The stick is small and compact and travels easily. It has milky white color and it goes on smoothly and most importantly, *translucently*. There is no whiteness, absolutely no white cast and it goes on totally and completely unnoticed. There is a very faint smell, hardly noticeable to me. Some sunscreen products have a terrible smell but that is not the case here. After applying regular facial sunscreen cream, I apply this especially on specific target areas; my nose, eyes, lips, cheekbones and nose. The cream of the stick is completely absorbed, and it does not leave a greasy film on the skin. Best of all, it lasts a long time, even with sun, heat and sweat. This stuff does not melt off!
* How to use - Easy and convenient. Just uncap the orange cap, and remove the little plastic cap that covers the product and apply wherever you need extra sun protection. I find the oval shape to be better than the regular circle shape as it protects a wider area of skin upon application. Also, the fact that the orange cap "snaps" when it's closed fully is a good feature.
* Tips - Don’t be tempted to use a lip balm with sunscreen instead of a proper sunscreen stick because the level of protection is not the same. And additionally, using lip balm on the face is not cosmetically elegant either. And in case you’re wondering, this is nothing at all like that old fashioned white zinc-oxide sunscreen cream, that stuff that lifeguards and surfers back in the 1980s used to put on their noses!
* Price - Around € 9 (stick is 10 grams). Available at all pharmacies and parapharmacies.
* Ingredients - octyldodecanol, butylene glycol cocoate, polyethylene, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, octocrylene, hydrogenated castor oil, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, synthetic wax, beeswax (cera alba), titanium dioxide, stearyl stearate, avene thermal spring water (avene aqua), bht, caprylic/capric triglyceride, decyl glucoside, dimethicone, fragrance (parfum), methylene bis-benzotriazolyl tetramethylbutylphenol, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, propylene glycol, silica, tocopheryl acetate, tocopheryl glucoside, water (aqua), xanthan gum
* Verdict - Overall, I am very pleased with this sunscreen stick by Avène, it does the job and it does it well and effortlessly. Recommended!