Sally Hansen • Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat • Top/Base Coats
|Would buy this product again.||79%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
This top coat is a very good drugstore solution if you are looking for a quick drying and high shine top coat that isn't overly priced. I find that, for me, this top coat doesn't seem to last by itself. I usually wear polish for about two days and wearing this top coat by itself with a color, it has minor chips within 24 hours. I'm not sure whether that's just me or whether I'm applying it wrong... But I love this top coat over OPI's regular top coat. My mani lasts at least 4-5 days (I don't keep my polish on long enough to be able to tell you how long it takes to actually chip) with no to minimal tip wear. I love the fast drying of this top coat, whilst it may not dry as fast as other alternatives such as Seche Vite and HK Girl, it does dry to the touch in around 60 seconds as it claims. I would say it takes around another 5-10mins for it to be completely dry.The shine is amazing, I've had so many compliments when I wear this on top of my manis. I don't really like the packaging as you can't see how much is left, but it does look appealing.
It's definitely a go to top coat if you're looking for something that doesn't have a huge price tag attached.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
I love this top coat. It goes on fairly thin and spreads easily and uniformly, and my nails are dry to the touch in about a minute. I usually keep manicures about 5 days because my nails tend to dry out if I keep them polished longer than that without a break. The shine of this is perfect from the time I apply it until I take it off, and it doesn't chip - at least, not in the 5 days that I wear it. I can't speak for how well it might last if you keep your manicure longer than that. It would be nice if the bottle were transparent. I'll definitely repurchase.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
1. Thumbs up for the beautiful packaging! Really, it's one of the aspects you will consider when buying a top coat nail polish and you will go for this one.
2. The shine they are promising will be there, but will last for maybe 2 days. Because I use facial products that contain alcohol the nail polish loses the shiny look even faster.
3. I've been using the top coat for almost 3 months now and it is still fresh and it hasn't become difficult to apply it.
4. Dries really fast!
1. The shiny effect goes away after a while.
2. I read many reviews that say that the nail polish will last for a week or more. Maybe there's something wrong with my nails, because they start to chip after 2 days or even less. This top coat clearly hates water, because it chips even after washing my hair.
In overall - the price is acceptable and it is a decent top coat if you don't have to be in touch with water.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I really like this product. It makes my manicure last longer and doesn't chip that easily. The best thing, it also dries my nails almost instantly which is brilliant as i dont have the patience sitting around, waiting for it to dry. The product also smooths out my manicure and gives it a nice shine. For the price, i'll definitely re-purchase.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I don't use the word "miracle" often, so trust me when I say this is a miracle product. Goes on smooth with a great, soft brush and LASTS. It takes a lot to chip this top coat, e.g. at least a week plus some manual labour. Dries quickly, high gloss, and stays in great shape. If you're like me and you've been disappointed with top coats in the past, I highly recommend this product.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I really like this! Gives a brilliant shine, I've been asked on several occasions whilst wearing this if I had gels on. Would prefer a thicker brush though.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
This is a very good topcoat. Lots of shine, fast drying, inexpensive, so far does not induce chipping, and thin, easy application. What else do I want in a topcoat? Perfect! Will repurchase again.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
I've had this bottle for quite awhile along with several other topcoats...yet this is the one I tend to reach for. I like it because it does a pretty good job of keeping my nail polish on longer, has great shine, and dries super fast. I don't have too many problems with bubbling, although it does happen from time to time. The scent is not off-putting, and tends to go away quickly once the topcoat dries. The formula is a little thin,though, which may be how it works to be so fast drying, but I think it could be better at protecting against chips if the formula were a bit thicker. I don't particularly like the packaging because it's hard to tell how much remains in the bottle, even if I hold it up to the light. Even for as long as I've had this, though, it hasn't thickened up in the bottle or become unusable. I can't remember how much I paid for this, but I think it sells for around $5.99 or so at CVS. If not, close enough. I would probably repurchase this when the bottle runs out.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black
I bought this instead of my usual seche vite/opi radpidry, because the name 'diamond flash' totally stole the show for me. I like my seche vite enough I suppose, long lasting and good chip resistant qualities, but my nails always looked dull and dirty after 3ish days. I wanted a top coat that dries fast, and remained shiny so I decided to give this a try.
- Diamond, it is. My nails remained quite shiny, until I decided to take this off. The finish does an excellent job at making my nail colour look so much better and fresher
- Dries fast! Faster than my seche vite and opi rapidry too, so convenient.
- Is not long lasting, AT ALL. I'm not exactly very graceful, and my nail colour tends to chip pretty fast (around the 3rd-4th day) but with this top coat, I'm guaranteed a big old chip by the 2nd day (or even the 1st, depending on my activities). I even tried putting on 2 layers of this (why not, since it dries so fast) for a more resistant top coat, but no difference, still chipped.
- Glamorous looking packaging, but the solid black bottle makes it really hard to see the amount left.
If I could give it a 2.5 rating, I would. Price is not bad, it's around the price range I am willing to pay for a top coat. I suppose this top coat is good enough for me to want to use it til it's finished, but I will not be repurchasing.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
Felt sufficiently dissatisfied with this to sign up here and have a rant.
Have used it three times and it's getting worse with each application. Starting out with an application it's ok, but by the time you get to your second hand it's bubbling and making weird streaks - it seems to actually make dry polish gooey again instead of drying it.
Also appears to react worse with some nail-polishes than others...my Sally Hansen metallics polish works fine with it but it pretty much destroys my revlon one unless you can do it in one single swipe, which I can't.
I'm going to give it to a friend and see if i'm just applying it poorly.