Laura Geller • the Lightness of Beauty • Palettes
|Would buy this product again.||66%|
Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other Eyes: Blue
UMMM, YEAH! I just read the only 2 reviews on here about this product. What are you talking about? I just purchased the Laura Geller- the Lightness of Beauty today at Ulta, and It is absolutely phenominal! EVERYONE at ULTA, that was not only looking, but testing this out, was literally drooling over all of it! Everything is BEAUTIFUL & PURE QUALITY! The price- $59.75 for all of this! Can you believe it?! I LOVE value sets, and ONLY the ones that provide QUALITY & SATISFACTION! As you all know folks, we aren't going to reach for a product that is OK, OR SO SO, all the time. GO AHEAD, and reach for your purse, and grab this while you can! It WILL sell out! O, I LOVE everything in here! Did I already mention that?! I'm going back tomorrow and grab another one, and another Lorac- unzipped Value set that is $34 ($134 value) You get 4 eyeshadows (OF course highly pigmented), the newest lip gloss in the color Andy, Blush-plum, and visual effecrs mascara! I do believe this was helpful:) Enjoy & have fun with it all! (:
Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
The TSV kits from QVC are a good deal and generally, most of the items will work. This kit? It's about fifty-fifty.
I ordered the BnB in fair, having read that it was darker than you'd expect. (I am a NW25.) Fair is fine. There is surprising coverage from this powder, almost covers my freckles. I like it a bit better than the expensive Smashbox Halo and the finish is a bit brighter.
The mauve blush (Mulberry) is a cream in the most annoying pot package ever. The hemispherical lid is ridiculous and hard to manipulate. The blush is glopping all over the inner plastic lid. It is relatively nice looking but it's not a go-to blush and you can't travel with this messy stuff--have to scoop out a blob and put it in a little travel pot.
The lip gloss in praline is flattering to most but I never wear it--feels buttery on my lips like I just ate corn on the cob or a piece of fried chicken. Greasy.
The charcoal pencil broke immediately-the screw mechanism gave up and the smudger fell off. Poor quality. I threw it out. But a charcoal pencil--who doesn't have one lurking about?
The shadow is nice--the charcoal is a good liner color, the two purples a bit frosty but not overly. The pink highligher can be shadow highlighter or cheek highlighter.
The kit travels well EXCEPT for the blush. I use this in my gym bag to put on makeup after working out because baked powders travel well.
Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
I ordered the Lighness of Beauty kit in the Fair, and while I didn't have the problems with the B-n'-B that a lot of QVC reviewers had with the Fair, I did have enough issues that it's going back.
I've used it full face three times now, and I look better without the kit.
1.The charcoal eyeliner is nice...really creamy, and I was surprised by the quality.
2. The eye colors are very nice in Amethyst Skies. For me they're not too shiny. I can deal with it, and matte them down. There's a light lavender, a dark purple, and a charcoal/dark lavender color. Was so looking forward to these as I'm tired of different versions of brown, brown brown!.
3. The highlighter (contained in the eye palette) is a very shiny peachy gold color, and I would never have liked this before about six months ago when I got my first two really nice fan brushes. My "magic fan brush" makes everything look subtle, so it's not too shiny on my face.
4. Very pretty packaging...always nice.
1. The whipped blush in Mulberry. I didn't mind the color or the application. It actually gave my face a really natural glow. It was the packaging. You have to keep replacing this stupid cap (to keep the product moist). I stained a white T-shirt w/ this. Let's see if it comes out in the wash. However...once you have it on...it looks very nice.
2.The whipped lip color in Praline. The color's okay. It's warm, and I like warms and cools together, but after you have it on...it feels dry and gritty, and it looks shiny and cheap on my mouth. I don't mind the scent...smells like...well...caramel and nuts, but mild.
3. Balance-'n-Brighten in Fair. This is the main reason I'm returning this kit. I read other reviews before I received this. It's been years since I tried the B'nB, and I thought I'd wind up with an orange one like so many others did, but actually mine wasn't. There WAS way too much of a cocoa brown in it, and it really didn't look good even as a face powder (certainly wasn't Fair), but I thought I'd use it kind of as a contour or slight bronzer. The problem with this was that each time I put it on...it irritated my skin, and I felt so dry. I DON'T have dry skin. It's normal...a little on the oily side, and I prepare it well.
And last (and certainly not least) reason that I don't care for this kit is that I look prettier without it than with it. I gave it three stars for the products that did work and for LG's ingenuity in trying to invent really innovative products. Others have loved this kit...especially the people who ordered it in the Regular (who have way darker skin than myself).
I wonder what happened with the Fair that so many are complaining.