Ellis Faas • Glazed Lips 303 • Lip Gloss
|Would buy this product again.||85%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue
This was my first Ellis Faas purchase and I am so, so glad I bought this product. The colour was slightly darker than I anticipated based on the online swatch, but it is nonetheless a gorgeous berry colour, especially over the autumn and winter months.
The colour is more opaque than most lipglosses, but with the shine that one expects from a gloss. It is a thick, moisturising formula without being at all sticky. It stayed on my lips far longer than most glosses, and as it faded it ended up being a rich, even berry toned lip stain.
Overall, yes it is a bit on the pricey side, but to me it was totally worth it and I am currently trying to decide what the next Ellis Faas Glazed Lips I buy will be!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel
This is my second Ellis Faas lip purchase. I too was reluctant to purchase this because I thought it would just be another gloss, and like other Ellis Faas products, it really is quite pricy. However, it's not a gloss--it has the advantage of moisturizing like a well-formulated gloss, but it has more pigment, better staying power, and it truly isn't sticky. It also doesn't migrate into my lines, even without lipliner.
While the pigment doesn't stay on as long as I'd like, it fades evenly and beautifully into a MLBB rose color. And keeps moisturizing and moisturizing and moisturizing.
Worth the $$ IMHO.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue
Another hit for me by Ellis Faas. I have and love several other Ellis Faas colors in the both Milky and Creamy Lips. I wasn't sure if I'd like the Glazed formula, as I'm not a fan of lip gloss. But this is much more like a sheer, shiny lipstick than gloss (though it is glossy). It has a very silky feel, not sticky, and lasts a long time. Very moisturizing formula. The color is a beautiful, natural, rosy-berry shade with just enough brown that it isn't bright, but is face-brightening. And I agree with qwendy-- these shades really do bring out your natural beauty! A perfect spring-summer color.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I am on accutane, so i am dealing with extremely dry lips here.
i have the glazed lips in l308. its unbelievable, extremely moisterising, i have the softest lips ever thanks to it, and the color is also very flatterring, a very nude foundation type of color...
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
OMG, I love this lip colour!
I had read about Ellis Faas on a beauty blog and purchased the Glazed Lips L303 on my trip to NYC last weekend (didn't feel like ordering online). At first I thought I had purchased the Ellis Red, it's only afterwards that I realized I had bought another colour, which I still truly adore!
- Cool-looking packaging, EVERYONE will be asking you about it next time you whip it out in front of your friends! Who doesn't like nice packaging, especially for the price you pay for cosmetics nowadays...
- Amazing texture and colour, very flattering on my NW40 skin
- Can wear it day or night, when dressing up or down. For daywear, I'd suggest blotting it a bit to make it look more as a stain if you prefer a more subtle look for work or school
- So far, the lip gloss hasn't faded nor started running since my first application a couple of hours ago, which is fantastic!
- The glossy effect is just perfect, enough light-reflection without looking too greased-up or heavy.
- The first time I used it, I started clicking it like crazy to get the product to come out until way too much product came out, so be careful with the clicking, especially the first time around!
- Is it truly a unique colour? Probably not. Looks absolutely amazing though, and so far, I haven't found a dupe in my lipstick collection, so there's that, but still, I could see why some people might be underwhelmed by the colour, especially considering the price.
- Ah yes, the price: VERY expensive for what you get -- almost 40$ CDN with the exchange rate (ouch!) and like another reviewer mentioned, less product than regular lipglosses.
Overall, I personally highly recommend this product. It's true, the colour isn't the most unique, but somehow, Ellis Faas was able to produce one of the most universally-flattering lipcolours I've even seen and I give her much credit for that. The texture is amazing, the colour is long-lasting and the packaging is fantastic. That being said, if you're not into cool packaging, spending more than 10$ on a lipgloss or into any type of status-enhancing/buzzworthy cosmetics (that's definitely how I would describe this product), this one isn't for you. For anyone else, I think you'll be very happy with this lipgloss!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue
This is certainly one of the loveliest YLBB shades I have ever seen. I layer it over a lip marker for longevity and it does pretty well. The Ellis Faas textures are particularly marvelous, and this lip gloss lasts about as long as most others, except the truly sticky kinds. The lip colors are a bit tricky, I start out thinking that they are too "normal" but then I catch a glimpse of myself and I think I look like my best self, and I realize that these things are really bringing out my natural beauty :)
Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
If you have NC15 complexion, with dark hair and eyes it is worth having a look at this product. The colour is a niceberry, which adds a fantastic natural flush of colour to your lips and makes your face alive. Unfortunately it is very very expensive, £21.00 for 2.5g (against an average of £18.00/20.00 for other HE glosses which have 7 to 9g). The colour fades quickly and becomes a decent (but very anonymous) berry pink. Very nice but not unique. And too expensive for what you get.