Bobbi Brown • Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Cabo Coral • Blush
|Would buy this product again.||75%|
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
This is a beautiful orange lip and cheek creme. Although I agree with many that it really shouldn't be used on the lips because it could be quite drying, the color is quite pretty. I highly recommend this for the summer or even the fall. It's quite pretty.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Black
I absolutely love peachy blushes, some of my favs are Nars Gina, Mac Peaches, Gingerly, Estee Lauder Peach Nuance. I've been experimenting with different cream blushes this summer and I decided to get BB Calypso Coral and Cabo Coral and I love them both. I like how the texture is easy to build up and last all day on my combo face.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I have always worn powder blushes and watched Lisa Eldridge do a makeup look with this and loved it. I bought this and Pink Powder the next day and have used both since. Color is easy to apply on top of my TM and sets perfect with a little mineral powder. Stays all day and no glitter or sparkle. Gives my NC30 skin a nice peachy/coral look without being too garish. Goes with all my eye and lip makeup and looks fab with a touch of bronzer.
I have been wearing them on my lips too...staying power is not great, but makes a nice base for other lipsticks or gloss. Will definitely buy again.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight Eyes: Brown
Wouldn't say this is the best thing i've ever tried in my life, but its definitely the best one from Bobbi Brown!
Absolutely adore the coral colour, it makes my look like i have that naturally flushed cheeks... it makes my skin radiant and sooooooo healthy looking!
For my dry skin, cream blushers are definitely the way to go, but I find this not the longest lasting one i've ever tried (Becca beach tints are, instead).. I still love it for the colour and texture!
If you're looking for the perfect, true coral for your cheeks, give this one a try, definitely my fave!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
First let me say I have never been a huge fan of blush. I mean, powder blush can look so harsh and just like powder sitting on top of your skin. Then I tried BB Pot Rouge... I love this stuff. I only have two of them (Blushed Rose and now Cabo Coral) and the Cabo Coral is so beautiful. I love the sheer, glossiness of the pot rouge. Blendable, buildable and NATURAL looking. The Cabo Coral shade is a gorgeous peachy-pink. It looks a little scary orange in the container but don't be fooled. It is soooo pretty.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Medium Eyes: Black
same review as the blushed rose shade. lovely coral colour. compliments my skin tone and lovely for the warmer months!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
I'm not sure how I feel about this blush yet. It's not bad, but not as good as I had hoped.
- Good lasting power (a big plus in a blush).
- Easy to build up, nice texture and finish.
- I hate the smell. I notice it particularly when I have it on my lips. It's hard to describe, but I would say it is a floral fragrance, which I don't care for.
- I think it has too much peach and not enough pink for my skin (NC20). This shows up more with a heavier application.
- I'm disappointed in how this looks on my lips. This is one reason I chose this cream blush, hoping it would be multi-purpose, but the colour it leaves on the lips just looks "off".
- Expensive, a little more expensive than Nars blush here in Canada.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
This is my favorite pot rouge. BB tends to lean pink with blushes, but this is not too pink. It also isn't terribly orange. It's a good mix. I apply with my fingers & also use it on my lips occasionally. I would buy again as it looks very natural & sun-kissed.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
Overall, I think this works amazing as blush. Its looks very nature. It reminds me of that glow you get when you workout but without the sweat!
I do consider this my HG blush product.
It also stays on me for awhile, at least 8 hours. Application is also easy. I just use my fingers because it's so easy to manipulate within the first few minutes and then it dries.
I only like Cabo Coral. It fits my skin tone. I am asian on the tanner side. I did try all the colors, but none of the others work for me so definitely try the colors at the counter first. Since everyone has different tones on their skin, the color doesn't look like it does in the pot as it does on your cheeks.
The only reason why I give it a four is because it says it works for lips too but doesn't. For me, it actually makes my lip drier. If you ever used chanel's ultrawear lipcolor, it's like wearing that without the gloss.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black
I love this particular shade, and it's very flattering on my NC30 skin. The staying power is also phenomenal, this lasts for up to 12 hours on me, and it gives me a very natural flushed look that are sometimes hard to achieve w/ a powder blush. The pigmentation is outstanding so I only use a little amount and it's sufficient enough for both of my rounded (and admittedly big) face. The reasons that I didn't give this 5 stars are the ff:
1. It's not easy to blend w/ fingers or even a foundation brush since it tends to ruin my foundation that way. I find that this is easier to apply and blend using a sponge. With dabbing motions I can control the amount of pigment and the area of color around my cheeks.
2. The consistency of the cream is very hard, so it's difficult to use this as a lip tint. This dries out my lips so I only use this on my cheeks.
2. The packaging. I dislike the screw-top, this would be better if the cover flips open like the cream blushes of NARS. Or better yet, if this comes in a stick form since that would be hygienic.
3. The scent. This has a sort of minty scent that I don't like. I don't mind scented cosmetics but some of the BB makeup have this minty scent that makes my nose twitch.
4. The price. I think the amount of product justifies the price, as well as the color pay-off. My big problem is the amount of product (.38 fl.oz/11ml ), even if I use this everyday I wouldn't put much dent on it even after a year. And cream blushes (or any cream product, especially w/ bad packaging) goes bad after a year or so, don't expect this to last for up to 2 years, this will definitely become hard what w/ opening and closing the screw-top and exposing the "whole" product to air . I've only owned this blush for a couple of months, I'm going to use this until it goes bad and I believe a lot of cream will be left, and it would be such a waste to throw this away w/ a significantly large amount of cream left. Hopefully BB will re-create this and place it a smaller pot and lesser price.
I really do love the shade though, so only 4 stars.