|Would buy this product again.||70%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
* For my oily and sensitive skin, this works really well in CLEARING UP in a way that you can actually see IMPROVEMENT. And so I find that the product name is just perfect.
* When I started using this during the summer, I used it every other day and I was so impressed with how well it cleared my skin in such a noticeable way even after just one use. It clears pores of those black heads and white heads really well! I find my pores looking smaller and my face glowing and soft after using this!
* My method is making sure the skin is a little moist (not dry!) and warm when I apply this. I steam it or use the warm towel method to open up pores before applying. I leave it on until I see the product cracking. I think having a specific method that works for you is crucial in seeing this product do its magic. My skin improved sooo much during the time that I first incorporated this into my routine!
* However when the temperature got colder and the air drier (and so probably my face became more sensitive), I couldn't use it any more than once a week, so I reduced the frequency of use. I find that it still is able to maintain the results that I got since the first time I used it with so much frequency.
* The price is affordable at 28 CAD, and a little goes a long way. I started using this summer 2014, it is now January 2015 and I'm only about halfway through the 100 mL pack. The packaging is squeeze friendly and perfect for this kind of product.
* The reason I'm giving this a 4/5 despite it working so well for me is because lately, I've been feeling a stinging sensation after putting it on. The stinging sensation does not go away, just diminishes and transitions into that tightness you feel after the mask dries out. There was no irritation after rinsing, but I found that stinging uncomfortable!
But otherwise, excellent product!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown Hair: Black, Fine Eyes: Brown
Compared to my current mask (glam glow supermud) I have to say meh! This mask was easy to apply but once dried my skin felt as if it was being pulled. It also began to crack. After I washed it off there was no glow like there is with the super mud...nothing special :(
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
This is amazing when your skin is feeling oily or when you need a deep cleaning. Also, it is not very drying on your skin. It was my first purchase from Origins and I was impressed. Will be buying this again.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
A little background on my skin: I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin with a little redness and blackheads on my nose and cheeks. I am very prone to whiteheads and those tiny flesh coloured pimples. My skin is easily dried out by harsh products, and i have had issues with eczema on my hands and cheeks before.
Alright, so now onto the product: Long story short, i am in love with it. Even from the very first use i loved it. The first time, i failed to notice a major difference, only that my skin is (slightly overly) dry and not oily, and that my pores and amount of blackheads have decreased significantly. My face felt clean and refreshed.
The next day, i noticed that the flesh coloured bumps on my forehead had turned pink and grew in size. Some deeply planted blackheads (the kind that you can feel on the surface) on the side of my face have turnt into whiteheads as well, and i immediately thought that the mask caused that. So i used the mask again, as what probably happened is that the toxins were too far down and could not be removed. It flattened out but was still visible.
The third day, the whiteheads were gone, and the ones left were easily extracted in one go. The bumps on my forehead continued to decrease in size as well.
On the fourth day, i decided against using the product as a mask, but instead as a spot treatment. It was a Saturday morning so i spot treated those pesky forehead bumps and let sit for a few hours. By the time i washed it off, they were completely gone!
I now proceed to use the product as a weekly mask.
If after the first time you notice more pimples appearing, please use it EVERYDAY until they are gone, as it will help assist your skin in the dreaded 'purge'. This purge does not necessarily happen to everyone however, it depends on how deep your impurities are. For example, if it's a deep blackhead, it will take a few times before that impurity is cleaned. But if the impurity is on the surface, it will take one or two tries. Also try as a spot treatment on especially pesky pimples.
Goodluck and i hope it will work for you! <3
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
So disappointed with this. I wanted to love it so much! Made my skin red. and other than that I didn't see a difference at all. :(
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black
I have oily skin but after I use this, I get red rashes all the time. Don't purchase if you have sensitive skin!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I absolutely love this mask! It has really helped turn my skin around.
Background on my skin: painful, very large red under-the-skin breakouts on my cheeks, oily but dry in some spots, very sensitive and reactive. After trying two foundations that my skin hated and having to have nonprofessional facials nearly every day for months (i'm in beauty school and we work on each other), it was the worst it's ever looked. I started a LUSH regimen which stopped more breakouts from forming but didn't make them completely go away.
After first use, I wasn't terribly impressed, but over time this mask has made such a big difference in my skin! Drew the under-the-skin stuff up and I can see it decreasing every day. My blackheads are gone, my skin is way less oily without being dried out. I was scared to try it after seeing people talk about the purging but I didn't experience that problem. It feels a bit tight at the end but well worth it for how well it cleans out your skin. I will be repurchasing for a long time!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black
Love this product. Pretty expensive but I think it's worth the cost, I purchased the glam glow which is even more expensive but I have to say this product is WAY better. I saw an immediate change in my skin. Love this
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Good for those with oily skin, but if you have dry skin I'd avoid. This works great for me in the spring/summer months at keeping my oily skin at bay and controlling my pores, but in the fall/winter when my skin is a lot drier this only aggravates my face. If you have consistently oily skin this may be for you; if not, know your skin and use this only when your face oils are going into overdrive.
Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue
This is my HG mask!!! I've been using this for over 8 years. It gets all of the gunk out of your pores without over drying the skin. I have sensitive,acne prone,dry skin to begin with. It brings all the gunk to the surface & gets the bad stuff out faster. I'm a lfer w/ this stuff & will NEVER stray!!!