L.A. Colors • Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer • Polishes
|Would buy this product again.||94%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue
My only complaint is that the brush on the black one that I purchased is too thick, it has one bristle randomly poking out the bottom. I had to take nail clippers and trim the brush thinner so it makes a more accurate line. Other than that, great lasting colour and easy to use.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
I love the LA Colors Art Decos! They are beautiful and have a very thin brush for nail art designs! I had a bit of trouble finding these. I heard Dollar Tree had them, but I went to the one in my area, and they only had the regular LA Colors polishes; not the stripers. But, I went to Family Dollar, and they had a huge selection of these! These are amazing! I have done nail art I never would've dreamed of accomplishing by using LA Colors Art Decos!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
My niece is at that age where she wants funky nails and nail art (she's 13). Most of the artistic paints I had, from back in the day, had dried out so we ventured out to buy some new one for me to use on her nails. While at Dollar Tree, she found these. I watched her grab every color they had and spend all of her allowance. I cringed because I was sure she was wasting her money I. Afterwards, I went to Sally's beauty supply and just purchased some of the brand I'm familiar with because I just assumed the ones she purchase from Dollar Tree wouldn't be good. Guess what? I was wrong! Not only were these very good, they were great.
The application brush is very thin so making designs is easy. The color saturation isn't as deep as I like, especially on the pinker colors, so I usually must go over the design twice, but this isn't an issue because the brush is very nice and thin. I love the color selection. This line has alot of choices to choose from. Once on, the colors dried to a nice hard finish and lasted until polish change was done.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
I love these. Great quality for only a dollar. Thin brush makes it easy to create designs and the colours are opaque. Lots of colours to choose from as well as glitters.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I love these little nail art polishes! They are wonderful quality for the price (only $1 at Dollar Stores) They have a wide variety of colors to pick from including glitter. I would diffidently buy these again. These are a wonderful alternative the other high priced nail art polishes.
I also have a lot of the regular L.A. colors polishes ($1) and they go on very smoothly and don't clump. The color is nice and bright after 2 coats. They are not to thin or thick in consistency. These polishes come in not only a variety of colors but a variety of shades and brightness's. The sparkle polishes make and wonderful top coat addition to any polish color.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel
I bought one of these just the other day (I bought the silver glitter one). I was worried at first because I thought that the glitter might not show up and that I would need alot of coats to make it look opaque but I was so surprised to find out that just one coat of it was perfect!! It's my first nail art pen and I would definitely go out and buy some more of these!!! My favourite design to use it for is half polish and half glitter (using this tool) :)
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black Eyes: Black
The polish was goopy and tended to streak and leave fine streaks where I didn't want them. Only reason I'd buy this product again is because they are in fact only a dollar. Then again I was doing leopard spots and required polish that had better control, these should be fine for things like zebra stripes though.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
This stuff is super, SUPER cheap and incredible for beginners. The brush, once you get used to it, is easy to control, and the polish is smooth and there are no issues with blobs/bubbles/streaking etc.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I love this product! I wanted to start doing simple nail designs and am a complete beginner. Once you get the hang of making different line thicknesses, it is really easy to do. You just have to watch the huge blob that forms towards the top of the wand. I own the black, blue and gold glitter ones along with the white. I use the plain white one the most, very versatile. Just keep in mind that the glitter ones don't make precise lines (but the black one does). I only use them as accents.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green
FIND IT AT: Dollar Tree, Drug-stores, Forever 21.
FIRST IMPRESSION: Saw it at Dollar Tree and I thought thatís cute-Iíll give it a try. I tried to do some art on my nails-Iím incredibly clumsy and uncoordinated so I couldnít do any designs. So I thought why the **** did I buy this product? Stupid waste of money, I canít do anything with this brush. So after that I checked out MUA and read raving reviews. I thought all these women are mad there is no way you can make this product work. I then looked up some you-tube videos and VOILA! I finally figured out how to make it work. Attached on the bottom are you-tube videos/ gurus that helped me. And after that I bought some more colors :)
1. CHEAP PRICE: One Dollar!!! Compared to the same product you can get at drug-stores for $3-8. Why pay more for the same product that does the same exact thing if you donít have to.
2. COLORS: Wide range of colors: White, Black, Green, Blue, Light Pink, Red, Silver, Yellow and also a range of Glitter colors including Glitter Gold, Silver, Green..etc.. I first bought this in white. Pretty standard color, a true white is a good basic color to have. I also have this in silver glitter, silver, black, and green. I really like the bold darker colors because when doing design against contrasting colors they pop more. For example a green stripe design against white nail polish. I found that using the glitter colors can look messy. I like using the silver glitter to make little dots in the middle of my flowers but not good for creating a stripe design. I have found the glitter colors look a little streaky because you cant get the same amount of glitter color in each swipe.
3. EASY DESIGNS: From watching the you-tube videos I found itís very easy to do stripes. However for me thatís where the creativity stops. Lol and How many times can you really do a stripe design and be satisfied? I found one you-tube guru who suggested using a toothpick to make design and I have found that works well in making dots. But sometimes with a toothpick since the end is so small and pointy you have to keep dotting on the design to make your dots more noticeable. I have found using the end of a matchstick is also very good at making dot designs.
4. EXPERIMENT and PRACTICE: Makes Perfect. I usually use a piece of paper and practice making a design the way I want before I actually put it on my nail. That way it gives me more control. Since my nails are so short the beautiful designs they do on the video donít pop as much on short nails. Also since Iím a beginner any mistakes even on one nail is very noticeable. Esp. if people think the designs are nice and grab you hands to get a closer look. That is why I only experiment on my toes. Why pay my manicurist 5-10 extra dollars to make a design on my nails when I can do it myself. And that way if I do my toe nails and mess up-no one is going to notice, because even from far away they will look nice. Also I find more control in doing toe-nails rather than finger nails because I donít have to worry about one hand looking better than the other. Iím right handed and do not have ambidexterity (ability to use both right and left hand equally).
1. BRUSH-The brush is very long and thin. Do not expect to have a lot of control when you first use it. Itís best to use simple strokes to achieve your desired look.
Tiger Stripes (first video I watched that actually helped me understand how to stripes-very easy)
This guru has many nail art designs. I never watched her before this but I was impressed by her creativity and how simple and easy she made it.
-Nail art doing Candy Cane Nails
-Creating Flower Nails-not using art deco nail product but a toothpick to create nice designs
-Doing polka dot design- not using art deco nail product but a toothpick to create nice designs