Review of Chanel Eclat Lumiere Highlighting Face Pen by danamarquez
I got this in #10 (Beige Tendre).
At first glance: The packaging is nice, definitely doesn't look like cheap concealer. I have to admit, I bought this mainly because it's Chanel. =)) I like the gold band that separated the cap from the rest of the tube.
*Beautiful consistency, glides on very smoothly even without moisturizers or primers. If you've tried Chanel's Aqualumiere gloss, the consistency is similar to that- except this time, it's on your face, not just your lips. :)
* It really gives your entire face an instant lift. (Take note: I didn't wear this alone. #10 is a little lighter than my natural skin color, so I wore it over Smashbox HD concealer in Medium.)
* The brush applicator is practical, if you end up with excess product, you can just put it back in and it'll stay there until the next time you need it.
*I've been obsessed with the "iridescent glow" effect, and this is perfect for that.
*Quite pricey. I live in the Philippines and I bought it for around Php1950- That's around $ 44.
*I had to keep on turning the knob for the product to appear on the brush! And you never know how many times you have to turn it for it to come out.
* Because the packaging is black, you have NO idea how much product there is left.
* I've had it for two weeks and I have a feeling that I'm already running out.
* If you have really bad under eye circles, this won't do it for you. It could help, but you'll have to layer it over another concealer.
OVERALL: It still is CHANEL. <3 But I'd only buy it again if it went on sale. If you get this product, don't make it your main concealer. Try using a concealer that matches your skin color, then layer this over. :) It's a great highlighter concealer, just really pricey. If it were cheaper, I'd make it a staple in my makeup kit.