Average Rating 4.7/5
Review by fivezero
Like other reviewers have said, it really does look just like the ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz! This is the nicest glitter polish I've ever used - it goes on really smoothly, the glitter is evenly distributed, and it lasted about 4 days on my toes before chipping (no top coat used). I've touched up the minor chips and it still looks as shiny as ever!
By the way, here is a round-up of the Ruby Slipper nail polishes I've tried:
- China Glaze - Ruby Pumps
- The ultimate in red glitter. Gorgeous ruby red with red glitter aplenty. Perfect ChG application, as always.
- Color Club - Ruby Slipper
- This is more red glitter with red nail polish added to it, rather than the other way around. A metric assload of glitter.
- Avon - Nailwear - Ruby Slipper
- Beautiful neutral red with loads of fine red and silver microglitter, making it a tip colour for the less daring.
- Maybelline - Wet Shine Diamonds - Cherry Carats
- A pinker red with pretty red glitter. Not quite as blingy as ChG's, but perfect if you were wanting a pinker red.
- Sally Hansen - Magical Nail Makeup - Ruby Slipper
- Do not be fooled. This is peeeeeeenk. But with holographic glitter, so it's all good.
- Essie - Ruby Slippers
- Probably the worst of the lot, even though SH's isn't even red. This is like a failed batch of ChG Ruby Pumps, before they discovered the fab formula #409 that became ChG Ruby Pumps. Essie's glitter is haphazard and doesn't spread out evenly. I love Essie, but this was a bummer.