Review of MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Hydra-Masque by polina29
It is hard to believe that no one has heard of this stuff. The nurse practitioner at my derm's and my aesthetician turned me on to this. I am definitely a product junkie but have been trying to pare down substantially to only HG-level products... i.e. things that don't just smell good, but really, really, really WORK. That is where I'd classify this mask. Along the way I've been buying things from everywhere from Bath & Body Works all the way to Nordstrom-purchased masks. and everything felt nice going on and then so-what after around the third use. This one is a keeper. Let me tell you why -
1. It has a combo of alpha and beta hydroxy acids, medical-grade style. That's where you get the exfoliation and hydration effects simultaneously. I have normal to dry skin that can get pretty sensitive and although the mask does tingle at first, it calms down afterwards and sinks into skin. Be sure to use sunscreen (SPF 30+) after this mask, as the alpha hydroxy acids make your skin more sensitive!
2. It is not just one of those sit on your face for five minutes and wash masks. Sure, you can do it that way, but why? My suggestion is to put a relatively thin layer on about half an hour before bedtime, allowing it to sink in, and then sleep with it on, Do this for a week and have skin that glows like you just got back from your honeymoon. Yes, that pretty. (Note - do not use during daytime as glycolic acid is actually sensitive to light and will lose potency)
3. Price and value. $30-40 for something medical grade? And lasts forever? I am just scared they will up the price on this baby, that is how great it is.
4. Doubles as a moisturizer or Retin-A off-day cream. If you are all out of hydrating cream or Retin-A has left you with dry patches you can't seem to get rid of, use this mask for a week straight.
5. Lovely travel mask. Took this on flight to Brazil (9+ hours of flight time is likely to parch my skin), applied thin layer in bathroom, took contacts off and promptly fell asleep. 7 hours later woke up, splashed face with cold water, reapplied makeup, had yummy breakfast and got off plane looking refreshed and yes, glowing!!! in other words - L O V E.
got rid of my borghese fango. this is the one for me!