Alright, so I still use this, but only on & off. I realized that it's a bit too heavy for my thin, short hair, & since it was leaving my hair far too greasy & making my have to wash my hair every single day (which isn't helping my damage issue, since I then need to flat iron it every day). I found my HG in hair products, along with my It's a 10 Keratin Mist, to be the Josie Maran Argan Oil Serum for hair. So, I'll be using those only because my hair has never looked better, but this is still a good product for those that don't want to or can't afford to shell out the $30 bucks it costs for those other two products.
Ok, I finally caved & bought this. I didn't want to, since I know I have enough products as it is, but I am a product junkie at heart, so of course I ended up getting it when it was on sale :P
I use this both when my hair is damp along with my It's A 10 leave in keratin conditioner, & a small bit when it is dry before flat ironing. Since I haven't found a good thermal spray to date, this is actually by far one of the best. I was using the Nexxus split in mender straightening lotion before, but since you apply it when damp, it left me wary that I was actually protecting my hair (since it's in great condition now & I want it to remain that way). So using a tiny bit of this before straightening does wonders for my hair. It really lets the flat iron glide through my hair effortlessly :)
- Really cheap for what you're getting. The moroccan oil brand itself is super pricey, & my other moroccan oil go to is also around $20, so this for $5 is pretty darn amazing.
- I like that it does have some silicone in it so that you can use it as a heat protectant. *Note: i know someone had complained that they used silicone in it, but if you use straight oil on your hair, most oils will not be conducive to using heat as well. You'll just end up literally frying your hair. Silicones are a must for protecting your hair from heat. the oil is the 3rd ingredient as it is, which is pretty good in my book.
- It adds a lot of softness to my hair, & even reduces drying time a bit.
- There isn't too much fragrance, which can work against my allergies if there is a lot.
- The flip top gives me a bit too much product most times, so it's hard to get the right amount. Not a huge deal but just worth mentioning.
Overall this is a great oil :) I've been using oils for quite some time, both naturally & within products, & this is going to be a new staple in my hair care arsenal :) Most times they have a pretty good deal at Target, CVS, or Walgreens, so you can pick it up even cheaper. Worth a shot!