Review of Urban Decay Naked Palette by lilinah
This is a *great* palette for an enhanced nudish (but not necessarily natural) look. Many colors are shimmery or glittery, and quite a few are rather dark. So this may not serve for low key day wear, some work environments, or someone who doesn't like shimmer or glitter (but if you don't, why buy UD? :-) It is *terrific* for a festive natural look when you don't want bright colors.
1. The shadows are good sized.
2. There are satin & matte shadows as well as shimmers & glitters. I'm over 60 and matte shadows make my eyes look *dead*! So i'm glad there aren't too many of them. Many of the shadows have a nice controllable shimmer. Only a few are typical UD glitter bombs, and, hey, this old girl likes a bit of glitter once in a while :-)
3. There is a wide range of cool & warm colors: beiges, peaches, browns, & greys, so any skin tone can create great looks.
4. Set includes an adorable mini bottle of primer potion that fits into a small makeup kit. Originally there was a double ended eye liner pencil, black on one end, brown on the other (i like brown eyeliner). Because the pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, the new edition has an eyeshadow brush instead.
5. Box has a large mirror inside the shadow case.
WARNING: The palette is too big to fit in a little evening bag. And it won't fit into a standard small handbag. But it fits fine in my current go-to large purse.
MINUS: Only one: The original set included no applicator for the shadows. That may be just as well, because those stubby foam thingies are an abomination. But i have plenty of brushes, so not a problem. And i find i get extra color payoff when i apply UD shadows with my finger tip than a brush. NOTE: Eyeliner pencil manufacturer could not keep up with demand, so now the set DOES come with an eyeshadow brush.
This is absolutely a CLASSIC!