Review of Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation by lollsazz
I finally got an authentic foundation of this. To read about how a fake one is, look further down in the review.
My skin type is dry and quite sensitive. I don't really flake, but my skin can look tight with the wrong foundation. I have pretty good skin, but a few scars from old pimples, slightly red areas and sometimes blotchy skin.
I'm about a MAC NC15 right now, and have this foundation in 51, which is the lightest shade. The undertone is yellow, but still not quite yellow enough for my very light olive skin, and also a tiny bit too dark. If you really like this foundation, you can always fix the colour with some colour corrector (which of course, you can use to correct other foundations too). Here are some links:
Kett colour corrector:
Coastal Scents colour corrector:
Other options are also Illamasqua's white foundations and Temptu's colour correctors. There's also MAC Face & Body in white, but I don't like its very watery consistency that sheers foundation out too much for my taste, and also, the smell is blah...
The coverage of this is light, but a bit buildable without getting cakey. Actually, both this foundation and the Serum Gel one looks better on me further out in the day - they get a smoother surface. This has a natural glowy finish on me. If you're looking for medium-heavy coverage, you're better off with something else. This looks natural BTW: girls that use foundation themselves (and don't look like they do) didn't think I wore foundation X) I really like a natural look!
I give this only a 4 because its not for my skin type. I think this foundation is more for people with normal skin. People with dry skin are better off with the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. I also have problems putting this over my moisturiser - it makes this streaky and slow-drying. I usually put my foundation on with my fingers, but for this one I need to use a beauty blender. Because this dries my skin out a little, I NEED a moisturiser. A beauty blender is the only way I can manage to actually put this over my moisturiser without the foundation sliding around. Although it's not for my skin type, I don't want to throw it if I can somehow use it. UPDATE: now I have normal skin and this looks better on me than the serum-gel foundation.
Neither this or the serum-gel foundation clog my pores, but this does break me out a little if I wear it for a couple of weeks, but the problem is solved quite easily just by using a different foundation for a little time. When I take this off before bed I don't see any accentuation of my redness or blotchiness. This does have perfume in it, which some people may not like.
This doesn't last on me as well as I'd like - the Serum Gel lasts longer. UPDATE: on normal skin, this lasts longer than the serum gel.
I suspect it's because this if more for a normal skin type. And also I think this would last longer without moisturiser under, but as said: I need it. To blot with a paper tissue can prolong wear time. To press some powder over it then dust excess off with a brush, may help too.
Would I recommend this? Yes. I you have normal skin that's yellow toned and you want a foundation that looks natural and you have pretty clear skin than needs no more than medium coverage: go for it! It's cheep compared with many other foundations and it has a nice finish. You really WILL look healthy! And: the Healthy Mix AND Serum Gel foundations are to me comparable with high end makeup... and I have a lot of it :]
HOW A FAKE BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION IS:
I spoke with a reviewer here that also got a fake foundation off ebay. It IS possible to get the real deal there, but you should ask the seller if it's authentic. If you find out that a product you bought isn't authentic, you should open a case through PayPal. It is really simple, but it means you HAVE TO use PayPal when you pay for your item!
My fake foundation:
- smelt like the type of non-toxic glue one has in kindergartens, while the real should smell something between raspberry/peach/litchi - nice, fruity smell
- the colour was kinda right, but it had a slightly greyish/too pink undertone - the real one isn't even a tiny bit greyish and clearly yellow
- you can screw the pump off - look out for this! It shouldn't be possible to open this foundation!! This is a sure sign of it being fake!
- had a very siliconey feel and didn't set - the real foundation isn't slippery. Some say it's like Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in consistency, but I don't agree - it's not as slippery as VA
- I felt the fake one on my skin very well - the real one is much lighter, although some may be able to feel it. Then you may thy the Serum Gel one
- expiery dates are copied,so there's no point checking them. Site for checking expiration dates by batch code (on bottom of foundation, 4 digits): http://checkcosmetic.net/
- the packaging is very similar to the real one, so even if you have a real and fake standing side by side, you may not see any difference
BTW: I have had about 30 foundations till now and I have some reviews up for foundations, although there are many more to review. Click my use name, go to my reviews and choose "foundations" as category to sort them out :) Your're free to ask me questions if you want :]