Review of L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner by afloresm13
I've finally found my HG eyeliner! For years I've been rotating MAC Powerpoint in Engraved (great pigmentation, but smudged easily), MAC Technakohl in Graphblack (stayed put a bit better, but still smudged a bit on waterline), & Revlon Colorstay automatic liner in black (pretty much the exact same as Graphblack, but harder--it tugged on my eyelids). THEN I tried Urban Decay's 24/7 liner.. I loved the smooth application, but it still smudged on my waterline.
But while shopping at Ulta one day, I came across L'Oreal's newest eyeliner: a LIQUID eyeliner that is still a PENCIL. The concept intrigued me (plus the black & gold packaging was quite pretty) so I decided to give it a try. After using it for 2 weeks now, here's what I think:
- Super smooth application (just as good - if not better - than Urban Decay's 24/7 texture)
- Very easy on sensitive eyelids & waterlines. No tugging/irritation of the skin at all!
- Very pigmented...lives up to it's name!
- It sets fairly quickly, but not too quickly - you can still easily smudge it out immediately after application if you want.
- Great for tightlining
- (And this is the #1 reason why I love it) It Stays on my waterline for a full day without smudging!
- And for only about $8, it's an amazing deal! Especially since L'Oreal has BOGO 50% off every so often.. makes it an even better deal then!
- You have to sharpen it.
...and that's pretty much the only con!
At such a low pricepoint & easily found at places like Ulta, Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc.. it's definitely worth a try!! It's definitely HG status for me, & I'm glad my hunt for my HG eyeliner is over!