Review of Tarte Cheek Stain in Blissful by hodetovervannet
Favorite Tarte cheek color! Pinky peach. Brightens the face.
Tarte Cheek Stain is my favorite product of ALL TIME. I know that sounds totally over the top but it's true. I am 35 and used to use foundation, powder and powder blush and I just kept looking worse and 'older.' I had a few people tell me that my skin looked 'cakey'! GASP! I was horrified and decided to try something totally different. Tarte Cheek stain totally changed my face and how I apply make up! I look so much younger, get compliments on my skin all the time now and feel beautiful again.
First of all, there's something to be said about a natural glow. I never used to believe it. I was a sucker for all the products on the market just like so many women today. I used to wear a 'full face' of makeup from my teen years on. I still to this day don't know why I did! I think foundation is one of the worst possible things for skin unless you are trying to mask significant flaws on your face. For me, foundation and powder blush just made me look older and my skin didn't 'glow' the way it should. I didn't even realize my skin looked 'cakey' until I started my new make up technique and started getting compliments immediately on how much better my skin looks now.
A little about me - I prefer higher end products for colored make up as I think pigments are better and they last longer. I prefer MAC for lipsticks, lipgloss, eyeshadows, eyeliners, etc. (I also like NARS, etc). This is after many years of trying and wasting money on drug store brands.
My secret to beautiful youthful skin at any age? A moisturizing day cream with a bit of sheen to it (not too matte is key) and some of this Tarte Cheek Stain. I am telling you if you try it once you will be hooked. I now just use Burt's Bees Pomegranate Naturally Ageless Day Creme and one of my Tarte Cheek Stain blushes. I swear to you, my face went from dull, drab and cakey with no glow or light to simply youthful, glowy & natural.
I was a huge junkie and still am in many ways. I love to do up my eyes and lips but skin is best left natural and dewy youthful. Trust me!
EVERY time I use one I feel like it's the most delicious and luxurious thing to be doing. Putting smooth, soft and dewy deliciously-scented blush on my cheeks. The experience is just plain FUN! You can't go wrong with Tarte!
The application is so easy. Just put it on any which way. I tend to swirl it around the apples of my cheeks about 7 times and then blend with my fingers up my cheek bones. You can also dab it on instead of smoothing it on. You really cannot go wrong with this stuff!
The product is a bit moist and goes on with a moist feel. It will feel a bit moist for a few minutes but it will dry down and sink into your skin and look so natural. I prefer not to use powder over it to keep me looking even younger but at any point you can put powder over it. (If you are using powder I would HIGHLY recommend Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder as they are the ONLY powder that doesn't look cakey. It also lasts YEARS AND YEARS! Plus they look and smell like candy, too!)
As far as colors go, I own many colors. I am very fair. MAC NW15 is too dark for me. My skin is almost transparent I've been told. Think vampire white. ;) I have dark brown/auburn hair with blue/grey eyes. I can wear warm tones or cool tones just depending on what I'm wearing on the rest of my face and what clothing I am wearing. I own many of the Tarte Cheek Stain colors. I am a neutral in terms of skin tone.
My Tarte Cheek Stain Descriptions:
1. Dollface - Soft Cotton Candy Pink with white microshimmer. Smells like strawberries and cream. Beautiful color for fair skin. One of my favorites. I especially like the 'white' sheen to it. It is not sparkly at all, just glowy. This is one of my all time favorite colors. Could be a bit light for darker skin tones. You literally will look a bit like a doll with this on. Makes me feel young and sweet.
2. Cloud 9 - Light lavender pink. Smells like grape juice. Very light color and extremely natural on my skin. Is equally as light as Dollface and I think it would better suit fair skin tones as it doesn't show up as much as the colors I am listing next. Incredibly natural color on me. On the cool toned side.
3. Blushing Bride - Pinkish red with a peach undertone. Smells is hard to define - fruity but not as strong. I tend to wear this one a lot. Shows up on my face much like if I were really blushing. Tends to show a bit more peach. Really love this color. Shows warmer than Dollface or Cloud 9. No shimmer.
4. Tipsy - Peachy/Coraly with a hint of white shimmer. Strong fruit scent. Definately a warm tone on me. More like tropical fresh. Great for summer. Don't use this one as much as I prefer the more cool tones because of my skin tone.
5. Bronze Goddess - Soft tan with hint of white shimmer. LOVE THIS COLOR for a natural glow. This is my all time favorite bronzer for me. I have tried them all, too! This has a light coconutty scent - beachy. So natural that even I am fooled.
6. Flushed - Bright Fushia Pink. Very bright pinky fushia. I find that this color is a bit too much for my skin tone. Smells a bit like rasberries. Would probably be great for someone with a bit darker skin tone than myself (which most people are). Very cool-toned. Still can look natural on me but in certain light I can see my cheeks look a bit neon fushia.
I would HIGHLY recommend Tarte Cheek Stain. I truly believe they have changed how I look for the better. I love how they are so transparent and natural. Not so opaque like most blushes. Give them a try.
Taken off of Tarte's website: The tarte t5 super fruit complex (tm) is a proprietary blend of the five most active superfruits: goji, acai, maracuja, acerola and pomegranate. The first blend of its kind, the t5 super fr