Review of Unlisted Brand Certain Dri by fromskyline
I had a few friends tell me to try Certain Dri, because a couple of them had managed to stop sweating all together in their armpits with a full year's use of this stuff.
So. This is my journey.
Day 1: I took a shower 30 minutes ago - my armpits have no been shaved for the past couple weeks (I usually pluck but I haven't even been able to do that for the past 1 week). My armpits are dry for the most part. I'm scared of all the reviews that say they experienced incredible pain/itching. I can't stand either - so I've decided to use only 1 full swipe under each armpit. I've decided to also not use it by turning the applicator upside to dump the liquid onto my armpit - rather, I've decided to use it upright so I only use the few drops that are on the applicator ball. I cautiously applied just 1 swipe under each armpit, and shimmied my arms to try to best evenly spread out the formula. Afterward, I felt a couple areas were not touched by the formula. I very gently dabbed couple areas under my armpits. No itching, maybe only a slight burning - like I just scrubbed my armpits a little too hard. Went away after 20 seconds. I decide to apply a 2nd swipe under each armpit. No burning, no itching. Whew. I'm in the clear. Oh. Wait. Nope. 3 minutes later a slight itching under my right armpit has started. I definitely applied a little more under that one than my left one. Why does this even itch in the first place?! The itching better mean my sweat glands are slowly dying off. But after 1 minute, the itching is gone.
I have an event tomorrow night where I will be shoved into a room with too many heated bodies. I hope this stuff works cause photos will definitely be taken.
Day 2: Maybe I'm just not a particularly sweaty kind of person, but this definitely held up tonight! And I was in a packed room of hot sweaty bodies. PITS NICE 'N DRYYY.
I hope it stays that way forever haahha
Day 3: It's kind of humid outside, and whenever it's humid outside, my pits start to sweat a little. But today, my pits are dry. They're not like the deathly tight-dry that occurs when you put too much acne medication on your face, more like a controlled dry.
Day 4: Re-application time!!! This stuff is good. No sweaty armpits even when I'm dying during yoga. I wish I could apply this to my scalp as well - I suffer from extreme head sweatiness as well. Now what am I supposed to do with my 3 other Secret "Clinical Strength" Deodorants?!
- I will update this if Certain Dri goes downhill for me :] -
:UPDATE: I've been using this for over a month now. And I'd like to share some tips/experiences with new users (or users who've had some problems with this)
1. I only try to apply this once a week. And when I apply it, I apply it right where my armpit folds, no higher, no lower. If you go higher/lower, your skin there will flake and it's a weird sight, seeing flaky armpits. I usually apply 30 minutes after I shower - but I make sure my armpits are dry dry dry (even sometimes using a hairdryer).
2. When I do apply it, I make sure it's WET with the product. Not damp. You want to make sure it's WET WET WET (not dripping though, that's too much - if it drips wipe off from areas that aren't exactly where your armpit folds) so that the product can penetrate through all your layers of skin and actually block the sweat pores.
If you just make it damp, it'll just dry out the upper skin layers and won't block the sweat pores - you'll learn this is what you did if your armpits gets dry & flaky but you're still sweating like you never put any antiperspirant on in the first place.
3. After proper application, I keep my armpits shut. As in I'm doing whatever I need to do but not removing my elbows from my ribcage. I want my armpits to soak in Certain Dri, not just dry off into the air. After 10 minutes of this armpit clamp down, I then let my armpits dry via air.
4. I can't get used to the initial burning and then itching afterward. But I've become more tolerant of it. As in after several times of experiencing this, it no longer makes me want to cry and then viciously scratch my armpits. I think it's just something you have to get accept...