Review of Kanebo KATE super sharp liner by carolinecaz
Bought this in BK-1 from Ebay (all up with p&h, it costed $AUD13.75). I have very oily skin and my lids are no exception! I've been looking for an eyeliner that allows me to draw thin lines for an everyday look and won't smudge for a very long time (I've tried Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner and although it's a great liner, it still smudged/transferred). Anyway, I am very happy with this buy, it's perfect for a natural everyday look! And for reference, I use this alone, without any eyelid primer.
- super duper thin brush that keeps its shape
- Matte finish
- Buildable colour; 1 application comes out as a grey-black but you can get it to a true black with about 3 applications (it looks like calligraphy ink to me)
- Does not smudge (I even rubbed my eye and nothing happened!)
- Does not transfer to my lower lids
- Very travel/handbag friendly packaging design: the lid clicks shut (very securely) so you don't have to worry about it coming off and being destroyed in your bag. Also it's quite small compared to other liners, it's 11.5cm in length.
- Easy to remove with standard makeup remover.
- Requires multiple applications to become a true black (which would be a con for most people, but I don't mind it because having this spectrum means I can achieve varying intensities)
- The intensity of the colour does wear off throughout the day, so you might want to apply if this would be something that bothers you
- The formula does feather a little into the creases of my skin, not extremely noticeable but the edges of your lines aren't as sharp towards the end of the day.
Overall: I think it's perfect for people new to liquid eyeliners because the buildable colour makes it hard to notice mistakes. It's perfect for people looking for a more 'natural' looking eyeliner that's subtle enough for everyday wear. AND it doesn't smudge/transfer (coming from someone who's got super oily skin)
EDIT: It fades and feathers throughout the day. I'm still not used to the brush. It's very hard to control because it's not stiff enough and perhaps a bit too fine so I actually have trouble feeling it on my lid.
I've since started using Dollywink's liquid liner and it is a dream compared to this. True black in one application and with primer, it doesn't smudge/transfer and I can actually control the brush. Tossed up between Dollywink and K-palette 24hr Tattoo but according to reviews Dollywink was a truer black. Very happy with this eyeliner, give the Kanebo one a miss and try Dollywink out!