Review of Estee Lauder Double Wear (old formula) by DubsBelle
ATTENTION: NC40 (MAC) OR EM (medium beige) users: what are you in DOUBLE WEAR? Please let me know! Thanks!!
My skin type: Sensitive, combo, oily skin, needs a good oil control foundation that isnít too drying.
Color: Warm, Asian Skin tone, medium-golden-light
Foundations I have tried: (NC40)Mac, 80 contour (Chanel), Medium Beige/summer intensive (Everyday Minerals), 060 (Shiseido), Golden Beige (Laura Mercier), Lancome Tient Idole
- Pump bottle
- Pigmented, a little goes a long way
- Didn't break me out
- GREAT oil control!
- Good lasting power!
- Good coverage
- Good for summer/ blah for winter
- Thick consistency
- Poor buildablity (more looks cakey)
- NO COLOR MATCH for my NC40 skin!
- *Tawny* looks pale and ghostly on me (esp in pics!), with a hint of pink.
- *Shell Beige* (a shade down in the warm range) was far too dark!!
- Foundation dulls my face, too much for my liking
- I have combo skin and this accentuates dry patches
Conclusion: This was definitely wonderful for my oily skin! Sucks up any oil and I hardly have to blot. Plus, it wears quite long and it doesnít transfer or smudge easily. I have small acne scars to cover and this foundation covers quite well in 1 layer. However adding more layers can look quite cakey and masky! My only complaint is that I could not find a good color match for me! The warm shades still look far too dull with hints if pink. The darker shades ended up looking muddy w/a grayish pink tone! Ugh. Back to Mac I go...