Review of Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup by Bellona
I'm writing my review based on a one week sample I received. I will be going next week to buy a bottle. I don't normally use foundation, as I can't stand the look of it on my skin and my bf hates it when I am wearing "skin makeup" as he calls it. But I do have a bit of diffused redness over my cheeks and nose that really bug me and I'm always trying to cover up. So my normal routine has been to use dr haushka bronzing concentrate, dust some setting powder on that, and hope my face is "glowing" as opposed to "red" lol. I went out to get this once I read a review that it gives good coverage with a no-makeup feel, and that it blends seamlessly into skin. I have to say I really love how this makes my skin look. The first day I wore it I happened to be getting passport photos, so I could see that it also photographs beautifully!
- texture feels great on the skin, just melts in when applied and blends beautifully
- you apply with your fingers - one less brush to wash :)
- buildable light/med. coverage (enough for my redness anyways)
- semi-matte finish
- doesn't make me break out
- doesn't get oily throughout the day
- truly has a no-makeup look & feel, and you can't see it on your skin
- color doesn't oxidize, stays true
- gives a lovely no-pore, even toned look to skin that shows up in photos beautifully
- will accentuate any dry patches on your face
- seems to really sink into pores &make them more visible
- tends to be a bit "dull" for me, so I would add a drop of bronzing concentrate (or even a GA Fluid Sheer #3 or #10 would look AMAZING with this!)
Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful no-makeup look on their skin but still wants to wear something to even out their skin tone.
EDIT - 03/12/12 - I don't know if I'll buy a full size after all. After wearing it all day it settled into the pores beside my nose, looked pretty bad.