I LOVE this facial moisturizer. I'm picky about smells (I find perfumey fake smells make me nauseous at night time), and I hate it when the lotion doesn't sink into my face.
I bought this on a semi-whim on a trip to Trader Joe's. I say semi because I read the ingredients and was incredibly happy to see 1) sodium hyaluronate (helps to retain moisture to skin = how to keep your skin looking youthful), and 2) nothing ending in -paraben. The whim part was I shoved it into my shopping basket when I saw it was $6 (as of October 2012 it's still $6). (I also bought the accompanying cleanser - will review that as well).
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL MY LIFE. I've been very disappointed with high end brands such as Lancome, Shiseido, Kate whatever, high end Asian brands that cost $300 for 2 bottles of goop, etc etc). For a while I just stopped using facial moisturizers all together and decided to accept looking like I was afflicted with some kind of skin disorder.
Not even joking. I have combo skin (super-dry flakey cheeks/chin, semi-oily but also flakey forehead - it's weird), and this is the only facial moisturizer that has smoothed down the dry flakiness, kept my skin moisturized without resulting in slippery oiliness, and free of parabens.
Also, NO WEIRD PERFUME SMELLS. Thank you dear dermatologist who has released this wonderful gift at a wonderful price... I love you...
Edit: December 2, 2012
It is 2 months later, and I still love this facial moisturizer. I've used 40% of the bottle, and I cannot find myself going to another facial moisturizer right now. I use 1 pump in the morning beneath my sunblock, and 2 pumps at night. It's so good, I think on my next trip to Trader Joe's I'll pick up a back-up bottle cause I'd absolutely HATE to go a morning or a night without this moisturizer. That is definitely the first time I've ever said such a thing about a moisturizer. This must be true love. <3
Edit: September 22, 2013
I'm still using it. It's been 1 full year of using this product, and I still adore it.
Let me tell the reasons why -
1. Fragrant free. This is a huge one, because it truly is fragrant free. I've tried other fragrant free moisturizers, but they smell funky/strange/gross. And then the fragranted ones make me feel nauseous and terrible.
2. Not too heavy, not too light. I have combination skin, aka greasy along T, but super dry everywhere else (my mouth area looks like I rubbed chalk around my lips, ugh). This evens out the weird T-grease and the dry-O on my face perfectly without giving me acne.
3. Paraben-free. I already eat enough junk, I don't need to put more junk on my face.
4. Pump bottle = I'm not sticking my fingers into a jar I'll be using for the next few months; no accidental petri dish deal going on.
5. Price. Affordable and doesn't break my wallet.
6. Accessibility. At most Trader Joe's (I don't want to say All because that might be false) I've been to, at the same price.