Review of Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades) by LuHu82
Such promise. Such disappointment. I think I must be alone in not being all that wowed by these. Perhaps it's the hype ?
Anyway, I bought the "Candy Apple" shade, £7.99 (approx $12 USD) and whilst I really like the colour and the overall formulation is ok, there's a lot I'm not mad about and that puts me off buying again.
1. Staying power - Now I know this isn't a lipstick so I can't expect true 'long wear' from this, but I find the colour needs reapplication every couple of hours (that's not with a lot of drinking/eating/kissing etc). I get longer wear from normal tinted lip balm.
2. I hate the plastic, "quilted" lid. Cheap & tacky looking.
3. As another person said, there isn't much of the tube exposed under the lid so it can make gettting the lid off a little bit awkward.
4. The price - I'm a person who will happily spend big on cosmetics if they are good, but I begrudge even middle ground spend if it is wasted on something that just doesn't seem worth it and for me, this is one of those products. It should be £5.99 max, imo, closer to the USD price.
5. It's not that moisturing. I don't suffer from dry lips as a rule, but I still feel the need to wear a light layer of lip balm under this.
I'll use it up because I like the colour but I won't rebuy, which is a shame because I really wanted to love these.