Review of Lime Crime Airborne Unicorn by loserology
I bought this lipstick completely knowing the controversy behind the company (Google it if you want to find out) but I wanted to try out the lipstick anyway. However I am extremely disappointed in this lipstick. Some might say I have some bias against the company so my review will be negative and I'm not denying I do, but I'm trying to be as fair as I can be here and I'm reviewing this as if it didn't have the Lime Crime label on it.
- I find the unicorn tube to be unique and cute, but I understand not everyone will feel this way.
- The colour I got (Airborne Unicorn) is actually a really nice colour (Although I don't think for lips and definitely not with my skintone or hair colour) and it is pretty rare. I couldn't find it in the make-up stores and pharmacies I went into.
- The colour is pigmented and I found I didn't need to swipe much (It wasn't one swipe though, like they once claimed) to get full opacity.
- The formula is extremely drying and staining, to the point where I cannot wear it for more than 5 minutes before removing it. It is NOT creamy in the slightest, and I have no idea where people get this idea. To test, I swatched it on my hand, removed it after 15 minutes and I still had a stain. Even more baffling, I went to work where I washed dishes 2 or 3 times, came home, showered, went to sleep and woke up with the stain STILL on my hand. It didn't completely disappear until after I came home from work that afternoon. I understand a lip stain, but the staining is just ridiculous.
- Mine actually started to melt as well, something I've never experienced with a lipstick before. Whenever I'd apply it, it would bump the tube and form a dent. Not happy. I'm not applying it too roughly so I'm assuming this is a combination of the climate I live in currently being summer (Australia) and the lipsticks being soft.
If I were just reviewing these as lipsticks from some random company, I don't recommend these unless you are just after unique colours and can put up with bad quality. These have the worst formula I've ever tried. It's made me really question some of the reviews here because they are not moisturising in the slightest. They're extremely drying and I found much superior quality with NYX and other cheaper brands. I certainly wouldn't buy them if the company had such a shady history like Lime Crime does that is also easily accessible. I also wouldn't recommend them at all to people who live in hot climates like me since the only way to avoid them from denting is to refrigerate it, it seems.
TL;DR Save your money
NOTE: I found it necessary to post my review also in Airborne Unicorn because that's the lipstick I bought.