Review of Unlisted Brand Lucy Minerals Foundation by Allyxx
Since I am the 1st person to review this revolutionary foundation, I'm going to decribe it to my best and give a true and thorough review.
I have tried numerous foundations from drugstores to high end to numerous other mineral foundations but this is by far the BEST one I have come across. This foundation applies on creamy and gives a matte finish. It is very concerntrated meaning you really only need a tiny tiny bit. I usually do 2 quick layers and spot conceal and this pretty much gives FULL coverage. It feels like not wearing any makeup. After a few minutes of wearing the foundation, it melds into the skin giving a flawless and natural glow. I've tried and tested this foundation to its limits- gone clubbing with it, walked through the rain with it, went to the beach, slept in it, excercised with it and and it stays on, doesnt melt off my face or turn streaky. Other foundations I have to touch up several times through the day/night but with this foundation, most the times i dont even need to and if i do, i just do it ONCE.
Very affordable for the ingredients that are used:
Green Coffee Bean Extract/ Apple Poly Extract- powerful anitoxidants, fights free radicals, anti aging.
Vitamin C (Asorbic Acid)- boosts collagen production resulting in youthful skin
Allantoin- anti irratant, soothing properties, moisturising, healing.
Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide- Natural Sunscreens, anti aging acts as a barrier to protect the skin from the suns harmful rays.
It contains all natural ingredients- No parabens, talc, waxes, fragrances to clog pores.
I highly recommend this mineral makeup and best of all...it is really affordable and you definately get bang for your buck! I LOVE IT!!
Update: I've been wearing Lucy Minerals foundation for over half a year now and I must say I have not strayed from it as I do feel this is the BEST mineral makeup for my skin. I am now wearing the Oil control formula with calcium carbonate (combination skin with oily Tzone) and I find this to last me throughout the day very well. I apply it over my moisturiser with Lucy Minerals Ultimate Flat Top Brush (softest brush ever) and gently buff and sweep it over and into my skin. This provides the best coverage for me and I find it only takes less than one minute to do this. I love wearing this foundation with Matte Apricot Blush or Sienna Glow Blush which are my faves. Please anyone looking to try this brand of mineral makeup, you dont need to think twice, definately worth a go!
21st Dec 2011: This is my second update after having used this amazing foundation for the past year and bit. I generally dont do an update for products but this foundation deserves one because it still does everything it did for me when I 1st wore it and some more till this day. I must say that this is one of the very rare products that I've actually wore and stuck with for so long. i'm the kind of person who loves to see if there's the next best thing just around the corner. But after spending so much money on samples after samples of different mineral foundations I've always been dissapointed and ended up coming back to my beloved Lucy. On another note I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work for a very small handful of people. So I'd like to share a few things with those who have had or are having issues with application. I totally understand because I didnt get the hang of it straight away. It took me a few goes and a bit of persistence.
Okay..the things that help give me a FLAWLESS face:
1. Ensure that your skin is clean/cleansed and you have moisturised 5-10 mins beforehand with a moisturiser that isnt too thick ie. (sunscreen) -I love using hydrating serums
2. Make sure that the brush you are using is suitable for minerals. I find that densely packed kabuki/flat top brushes are the BEST! (Ultimate brush range I have 3 of the flat top brushes <3)
3. Make sure that your brush is a clean one. I find applying LM with a brush that already has too much product loaded inside isnt going to give you that flawless beautiful finish. If you use a dirty brush, you could end up caking your face!
4. I usually apply 2 layers of foundation using my Ultimate Flat Top brush, swirling and tapping off in the lid and then gently buffing whats left on my brush onto my face. Really work it into the face (the brush does all the work). The amount of foundation that I use for each layer is roughly 3 grains of rice. Less is more and if its not enough, grab your concealer brush and conceal away dark circles, blemishes etc
5. Practice makes perfect! This method I use always allows my skin the look it's best every day. I work in the Beauty industry so having great skin is a must and because my skin naturally isn't I'll just have to fake it till I make it!
One of the main reasons why I adore LM is because, it melds so perfectly in with your skin's natural oil that it looks like your own skin. It has the perfect amount of light reflecting particles in the formula that it gives the right amount of coverage and glow at the same time.
Wear of foundation: 10 hours + for me with minimal touchups
Feel: On the skin- feels like NO makeup and even great after microdermabrasion
Texture: it feels a bit gritty to touch, but after applying to teh skin & mixing with sebum, its amazing
Application: Takes a few goes to perfect it but so worth it
Look: Full coverage, flawless, glowing (Victorias Secret-like skin)
Formulas: Choose what works best for you. I still love the original and I have combination skin.
On the company: Superb range of products that truly care for the skin
(Ambrosia Serums, Ultimate Brushes, Antioxidant packed foundation)
Customer Service: 5 star service without the price (Annie and team are very helpful)
Price/Value: Wide selection of value kits. Low shipping costs WORLDWIDE and often there are freebies with orders.
Words of wisdom: Lucy Minerals, is worthwhile trying and investing in. It truly is an amazi