I tried a sample for a few days before purchasing, because of the price (retail price is €33 in Italy). I had tried Sephora primer before but found it extremely heavy and the silicones in it clogged my pores without doing anything nice to my complexion. I hated it and because 98% of primers are silicone based, I figured that they must be pretty much all the same stuff. I was so wrong!!
This primer is not perfection, which I'll explain later, but is a great, great product for fair skinned ladies like me. The MUFE SA at Sephora suggested I tried this instead of the green one to counteract minor redness. She was so right!
- Lightweight, lotion-like formula, doesn't feel like putting on a heavy layer of chemicals AT ALL. Instead, it's very blendable and absorbs fast.
- Reduces minor redness (for major red spots I use a green concealer instead).
- Skin is soooo smooth and makes foundation application like a dream.
- Noticeable improvement in the appearance of pores and minor imperfections.
- Evens out and brightens skin tone beautifully.
- Extremely natural finish, you really can't tell you have primer on.
- Last but not least: it's not drying at all, I think it has some calming/conditioning effect on my skin. When I remove my makeup at night I realized that my skin was softer and more hydrated than usual.
- Make up lasts longer (but not forever... I can see some fading after 8-9 hours).
- The main downfall is that it does virtually nothing to control oil. Let me explain. I have normal/dry skin but use MAC Face&Body foundation, which has a dewey finish that can turn to a sligh shine after 5-6 hours. I was expecting this primer to control this and keep the foundation as fresh as when it's just applied. Basically, I still see the slight shine after the mentioned time.
- Price. €33 euros IS a huge amount of money for a primer. It is true that you only need a pea-sized amount, so I'll probably won't need to buy again in a long time, though.
I give it 4 lippies for these reasons. I am extremely happy with this product, it makes my skin glow and look airbrushed. For me, the lack of oil control is a minor feature, but oily gals might find this disappointing. I will happily get through the whole bottle and repurchase, as long as I don't find anything superior.