Review of Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version by kikibug
I am in the shade nude. I have a light to medium yellow-olive complexion. I use Golden Medium/Light Olive in EDM and my guess is that I am an NC25-30.
- VERY long-lasting
- Withstands heat, humidity, AND sweat
- No-transfer!! I rubbed a tissue on my face after application, and there was absolutely no transfer
- Easy to blend! I use my EcoTools Bronzer Brush
- Does not highlight dry areas of my face!!
- Keeps oil control in check, though I do need to touch up on my T-zone with powder after 4-6 hours! (I have combination skin)
- FULL coverage! Covers redness on my cheeks. I don't need to use a concealer
- Mask-like look; matte (which I dont like. I usually like a dewy-type of look)
- Packaging: difficult to pour out the right amount
- Hard to remove, resists water & soap sometimes... I have to use makeup remover and then use face wash two times
I don't like how you can tell that I have foundation on. I use very little, yet the finish of the foundation gives a completely polished and almost mask-like effect. However, I love it's blendability, coverage, and lasting power! I would wear this on a night out.
My suggestion is that this foundation is good to mix in with other foundations that you want to have more coverage or last longer.
I mix it with my Revlon PhotoReady because I love the finish of the PhotoReady, but the lasting power and coverage of SuperStay 24HR. (I usually mix about 1/3 SuperStay with 2/3 PhotoReady!)