Review of Clarisonic Mia by PinkLily
I've been using my pink Mia for a little over a week now. AND I LOVE IT! Previously, I had been using the Shiseido Skincare brush or the Cargo Polishing Cloths. With either of those two products, I felt like my skin was getting clean and I liked both products well enough. BUT... enter Clarisonic. I felt like using a manual brush versus the sonic brush is like the difference between washing your clothes in the sink by merely dunking them in sudsy water a few times and putting them through a front-loader washing machine. Sure, dunking your clothing in sudsy water might get them clean (enough), but having them go a cycle in a good-quality washing machine makes all the difference! That is how I feel about the Clarisonic. Sure, washing your face with cleanser gets your face clean, but using the Clarisonic *makes* your face very clean. And it is NOT harsh or abrasive.
My skin is experiencing a bit of purging right now, but I really don't know if that is due to the Clarisonic (other reviewers have mentioned purging) or due to the fact that I have PCOS and get acne anyway. Regardless, the zits I am getting are going down far more quickly than ever before. I haven't yet noticed a difference in pore size or blackheads, but I think you need to use it for quite a few months for that to change. But the rest of my skin -- oh my! It is glowing, it looks clear, it feels soft. I am one happy customer!
As for charging it. (The directions say you need to charge it for 18 hours for every 20 minutes of use.) Well, I just charge it overnight every few days. I've never had the battery die on me. I use twice a day, every day. Sometimes I run the cycle twice (just press the button again after it finishes the 1 minute), but not every time.
- It can run for 20 minutes on a full charge.
- The pLink charger is universal, and with the correct adapter plug, you can use it anywhere in the world. All you need is an adapter to change the pins in the plug. It does not need a converter.
- The charger attaches magnetically to the Mia. It attaches very securely.
- It is marginally smaller than the regular Clarisonic, but it is not dinky in any way. (This can be good and bad. My hand gets kind of tired if I run it for 2 minutes. I can't imagine how tired my hand would get with the full-size Clarisonic!)
- It doesn't beep at you to tell you when to switch from cheek to nose to forehead. Again, this could be good or bad.
I have been using the sensitive brush head on my face. I've actually used the regular brush head on my body in the shower.
What else? This is the BEST beauty investment I have ever made. It makes my skin feel so soft and clean and glowy.