Average Rating 3.7/5
Review by proximitythe53rd
So much has already been said, I'm keeping this review brief and to the point (not bothering to describe the product in detail):
- my shade is Siberia, it's quite yellow, but it's a cool yellow
- you need to prep your skin well, as with most foundations, or this can look awful, really sitting on top of skin, not looking natural
- have had good luck with: flat foundation brush, mini flat foundation brush, damp sponge, fingers. Have had bad luck with: brushes that use more of a buffing action, dry sponge
- less is more, somewhat buildable coverage, stop when you're still thinking you could add more
- averageish lasting power
- I only need to lightly powder it sometimes; never heavily powder, sometimes skip powder
- not sure if it has much of a 'glow' I find it more like demi-matte? don't believe it has any shimmer.
- can sink into pores
- will absolutely show dry/flaky patches
- color is a good neutralizer of my red cheeks
- for once, I seem to have found a foundation I can wear frequently without seeing an increase in acne. This is WHY this foundation is my go-to at the moment.
- however I have not seen any skincare benefits (nor did I expect to)
- shake before use
Bonus Section - Packaging Woes: ARGH. I didn't buy the pump. Later I thought about it, but if you buy only the pump from the NARS website, along with shipping etc. the price becomes ridiculous for what you'll get. (AKA something that should have come with the product for free.) The rubberized big square part of the cap IS REMOVABLE. If you pull that sucker off, you won't be doomed to have an ugly foundation top covered in foundation-y fingerprints. However, the small plastic cap underneath is WEAK. Mine cracked (and I'm pretty gentle on makeup products). Now I'm having to put plastic wrap over the bottle before putting the cap on to make sure I get an airtight seal. I am ordering a little bottle from Muji to decant the foundation into, and then I won't have these packaging woes anymore. Haha!