April 24, 2014 | 1918 users online

Polishes - OPI - Siberian Nights

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade appeared to be blackened grape shade in the bottle. When applied there was a taupe (brown/gray) quality to it that did not appear so in the bottle. This would be even more apparent if the application was to be mattified ( I used China Glaze's Matte Magic top coat).

However, what must be commended are the application, opacity and the lasting power of this nail polish.

The application was smooth and non streaky. The color was saturated after the 1st coat. But for longevity I'd suggest a 2nd application. And this n/p stayed put all week. I applied it on Sunday and by Friday, the wear and tear on my manicure began to show. And for reference, I do the dishes without gloves, so this n/p is definitely hardcore.

The shade itself is not too unique but its such a trendy shade in Holiday season and given the overall quality of this n/p, I wouldn't want to be without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Siberian Nights is a two-coater vampy creme. In many lights, it appears near-black, but in bright lighting and sunlight, you can see that it's actually a deep eggplant with some slight dustiness. It's quite similar to China Glaze VIII in my opinion, though VIII is slightly more blurple; Siberian Nights has the faintest touch of grape-jelly. Siberian Nights also lasts longer on me. So I kept Siberian Nights and purged VIII. I have very pale, pinky-toned skin and this color is one of the most flattering deep vamps out there for me. Goes just as well with a chunky cable knit and some hot cocoa as it does with layers of silver chains and a studded bracelet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the deep dark purple, it almost looks black when applied three times. A nice choice for fall/winter

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by spicymulberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the deep eggplant of this, I really do. And for that alone, I'd buy it again. It is a deep creamy eggplant, cool and dark. But getting it on can be a terror. The first time, it took me three coats to get the kind of even application I wanted, and by that point, it was basically black with a faint purple cast, and then my topcoat ate right through it, making it streaky as all get out all over again. So I did it again, with very thin, very even coats, only two, and it turned out nicely. The trick is to let the coats really dry between applications, and it seems to work out. Chips a bit, but the colour is just so beautiful that I forgive it. And the name -- I'm in love with the Russian collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ginabina

This color is awesome! A very cool and mysterious purple creme! Siberian Nights is in my dark polish rotation. Very striking against fair skin. I love it on my toes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by macobebe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. i normally stay away from dark colors but i had to buy this one! It dries very fast and is opaque in 2 coats. I bought it at ulta for $8.00! pretty expensive but worth it:)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by sheridingdong

So I never write reviews for nail polish but this one is bad. The formula is so dang thick that it's impossible to do thin coats for opaqueness. It dries awful, bubbles, takes forever. The color is nice but I just can't sit and wait for two hours for my nails to dry. Sorry OPI but this one was a waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit disappointed by this nail polish. I was looking for a dark purple and wanted to buy Pamplona Purple but it's not available anymore here in Belgium, so i settled for Siberian Nights. In the bottle it looked like a nice, dark purple, but on my nails, and after only 2 coats, it looks almost black. You can tell it's purple only when you're in bright daylight. As I already have a black nail polish I'm not sure I will us this one again. I may try with thinner coats, but I'm afraid it'll look stripy. Wirst disappointment with OPI... Oh, and it has already chipped after only 2 days, even with OPI top coat on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful DARK purple (cool toned), lasts a very long time on the nail, and it is SO GLOSSY! I love this shade it's my ultimate vampy color for winter and fall!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by nudelipsandnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeep black/purple. Almost looks navy blue on. Very inky on my nails--like I colored them in with a sharpie. I think I prefer Lincoln Park After Dark more.