October 2, 2014 | 1806 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - Skin Genesis Multi- Layer Cell Strengthening Serum Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I think its funny that this is L'Oreals version of the Olay Regenerist line, and I use the two together to get the perfect results for my skin. When I am done waiting for my toner to dry before bed, I apply this product on my face. Two pumps is enough for my face and neck- I rub it in as well as I can, wait a few minutes and then apply a tad of Olays Regenerist night moisture (because I LOVE the way it smells and it blends really nice with the L'Oreal complex). You dont need to use the two together, as this product can stand on its own, and do wonderful things to your skin- I just happen to love the two together. I have dry, acne prone skin and after much research and trial.and.error, I have learned so much about the needs of my skin. My skin was dry, with no oil- yet i was still breaking out. So I would use products that were B.P. based to rid myself of the acne, and then pile on lotion for the dry skin. The two were just crossing each other out, as the B.P. would dry my skin out even more, and the lotion would help give enough moisture to compensate. I learned that using a gentle cream cleanser, a mild toner, a B.P. SPOT TREATMENT ONLY, and then cell reconstructor cream, and my usual night cream works 10x better. When your skin gets that dry, it tries to create moisture by producing more oil-which is not what you want. You want creams that actually moisturize without clogging your pores, so it tricks your skin and allows LESS oil being produced. In turn, you get clean skin, that has a spot treatment for problems, and creams that keep your skin hydrated, moisturized and oil free, while being soft and giving you that glow that all of us women desire! I am so happy that I was able to figure this all out... Some women use the wrong products for their skin, they irritate and damage their skin in the process and get frustrated and spend lots of money trying to find the solution. I honestly think that too many products have that harsh peroxide and acne medicine in them, and for a lot of women (unless you have SEVERE acne) is just making the problem worse... irritating your skin, with more chemicals that draw out all the moisture- confusing it with oil. Thats why I love this product. It seems like it reverses all the damage I put my skin through, leaves it soft and gives me that glow that every woman desires. I docked a lippie because it doesnt smell the best- its not terrible... but I want my cream to smell good when it goes on. Also, I HATE the dreaded pump. This tube is small enough as is, and it makes it so much worse when it comes in a pump and you cant get all of the product out of it... I know the product is a bit thin, and putting it in a jar may be a bit messy... but i would rather deal with messy that the dang pump dispenser. Seriously. Otherwise, I love this product and highly recommend it to all women for a daily night treatment for most skin types

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by rachelres

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too bad this has been discontinued. I suppose the new Youth Code Regenerating Skincare Serum Intense Daily Treatment is supposed to takes its place. I haven't tried the new stuff yet... it's much more expensive. Will keep checking the reviews to see it it's worth the extra price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this serum even used by itself as opposed to under another moisturizer (not that I don't use it underneath other products.) I find it has great slip so a very small amount goes a long way. It is very moisturizing due to it's high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid (which binds 100's of times it weight in water w/out being heavily emolient/thick.) When used at night you can still feel it being "active" when you wet your skin for cleansing in the morning. It's very protective and is a great product to use when you've been overly agressive in your skin care or just when skin tends to be stressed. It has a calming, soothing affect on the skin as if it has healing properties incorporated. It is suppose to streghthen the differing layers within the skin making them more cusioned and full of hydration. I believe it accomplishes this and does so quickly though the benefits are cumulative. The pump bottle along w/the ability to lock the cap closed and open it by reversing the process which closed it keeps the product well protected and hygenic. It pumps out just the right amount so there is never any waste. It's perfectly clear in appearance which implies a sense of purity. Highly Recommended!..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this at Big Lots very cheap after I bought the night serum. It is very runny and oily which I do not like. The night serum is very thick. My skin does appear to be clogged but it is hard to determine which product is doing it unless i stop one by one. Granted I don't drink enough water and take off my makeup every night....and wonder why my skin is clogged...guess i will have to update this review in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I came across the Skin Genesis product line just recently, although I heard that it's been discontinued, too. But, you can still get it on Ebay or Amazon, if you're really love it, like I do. I was looking for something "better", a whole new skin regimen that is suitable for skin in your 30s, and I think I found it. If you use all the products (or, start with the night cream and the serum underneath it), you will see and feel instantly smoother skin, I guarantee.

I do, and I'm VERY picky when it comes to face cream. I have combination/oily skin, and it didn't break me out yet. I use the Strengthening Serum underneath the regular cream, morning and night and I feel skin looking tighter and more "awake".

If you can, pick it up at your local drugstore, I've seen it on clearance here and there right now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I used this product with the entire L'Oreal Skin Genesis line, I thought if I used this product as recommended it might give me some ground to review it. To me it works just fine as a serum, it helps hydrate your face before your moisturizer. It was not as good as some make up counter serums but it's also a lot less pricey, especially if you can get it on sale. I would repurchase if this was on sale again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by imawonder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can see why some of the reviewers didn't like this serum. i used this back in the day; it is sticky, drying.. and balls up. when i first started using this, i thought it was working..NOT! The only reason why i had the illusion of firmer skin, was due to the 'alcohol tightening effect'. if it works for other ppl..then great! But for me...the only who seems to love this...is my trashcan.. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a great serum. It goes on wet and sticky and it didn't do much for my skin. I find Okay Regenerist serums much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by batyah

I bought this serum when Kmart had a buy one get one 50% off sale. I love the nighttime treatment in the blue bottle, but I am not actually sure if this is helping any or not... so I suppose it probably isn't. Imo way to expensive if not on sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by bmh5012

I have only used this serum one day, but I am noticing a real difference. My skin had been dry and rough, causing my small forehead and brow lines to show. This serum seems to really cause my moisturizer to soak in overnight. Whatever it does, this serum plumped my skin, so now it looks hydrated and softer. My lines are more filled in - moreso than I had anticipated! I am only 25 and purchased the serum as an anti-aging solution. So far, I would recommend this product, but will update if any adverse effects or decreased effects show up.