October 1, 2014 | 1780 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Expertwear Blush in Mocha Velvet

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i received this in a swap and it really isn't pigmented at all. it is buildable and you can achieve a gorgeous, natural looking sheen too. it's a really nice muted natural brown-mauve shade which is perfect for everyday, but the effort it takes to pick up the product onto a brush is just not worth it. i will continue to use it up but i would definitely not recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was such a bargain.
Normally I wouldn't go for a colour like this because it is so muted and cool toned,
The blush itself is not very pigmented but it has a noticable sheen on the skin
I believe that this sheer colour would suit medium-darker skin tones best.
It is a very pretty highlight but I have yet to try this as an actual blush colour
Overall: Not the best pigmentation, provides a sheer sheen, would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this isn't the most pigmented blush out there I still find myself using it everyday. If you layer this on you will get decent colour payoff on your cheeks. It's not overly shimmery I find which is good because I don't particularly like to look like a disco ball. I usually put a pink blush on top of this and I find that they compliment each other perfectly because the sheen of Mocha Velvet comes through. I would expect this would be a good highlight on darker skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product on a sale and thought I would try out the shade. I was looking for a color that was different from all the pinks out there. I thought this shade would be a little more pigmented than it was and I didnt expect the shimmer. The color is ok, it does work nice to add a little highlight or shimmer but I find that I have to use this layered over another blush. I sometimes use it with my NYC creme blush stick. I will continue to use this product but being that I need to use it with something else, I dont know that I would search it out to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by April79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I hated this! It isn't pigmented nearly enough to even show up on my cheeks....so there it sat in my makeup drawer feeling lonely...then one day I thought to myself "what if I use this as an eye shadow? Sort of as a blending out color?" EUREKA!!!! It's freakin amazing! Its perfect for my mid to light skintone and looks really good with a darker brown in the outer corner. It is also relatively matte which I love right now....and I just think it's great!!!!....as an eyeshadow though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by IceCreamNCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty on my skin (MAC N4), it's a light pinky-brown that looks great as a "warming-up" color over blush. I do not use it as a blush alone because it's not quite as pigmented as I would have liked it. I use it over NARS Deep Throat on my temples, nose and cheeks. Gives me a nice, healthy, glow. There's no scent and the packaging is cute, but it's a little flimsy :( I would repurchase because it's so pretty and so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JennAllyson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to blush. I've never found a blush that highlights my cheek bones like this one! It's very pigmented so if you aren't careful you can look really streaky. It gives a really natural flush to my cheeks and blends well. Plus, you can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This was a great starter blush for me when I was first applying makeup. I repurchased it a few times and have gone through packaging changes with this product. I liked the way the older packaging was because I felt like it was easier to pick up the blush with my brush. =) Anyhow, the shade went decently with my tanned skin. I like this product and it served very well in my college years and since I purchased more than once in the past I marked 'will buy again.' However, I will move on and try something different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Great product with high quality. Very natural color. No shimmer. Oil free. Super soft and blendable. Very pigmented. No breakouts. Lasts decently. Not expensive. Beautiful color. One of my faves for daily use and natural look on make up.