October 24, 2014 | 1487 users online

Lip Treatments - Sally Hansen - Healing Butter for Lips

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by shoesize7

I love this!! It was my first product that introduced me to lip butters and it's absolutely amazing!! I had stumbled upon it in a dollar store (bought it for $2, omg, a steal!). I like the glossy finish it leaves on my lips when I use it, and when I use it overnight, my lips come out smooth like a baby's bottom in the morning! But sometimes when I use it only at night, I feel like I'm wasting the glossy finish since nobody will be staring at my lips when I sleep.

The packaging fell apart for me. I dropped the container once or twice and the see-through part of the lid popped off. Even though the lid is broken, I can still leave the popped off part of the lid on the packaging and the product will still be completely protected but it does get annoying sometimes when I use the product to have to face that situation.

I would definitely buy it again if I could just find it in stores again!!! Haven't been able to find it at any drug stores or walmarts, which saddens me deeply. But is also a part of the reason why I moved onto Revlon's Lip Butters instead. Although the Revlon Lip Butters don't have as much of a "healing" effect as this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked this up on my latest trip to Dollar Tree, what a find! This stuff is amazing, it makes my lips so smooth. I have wrinkly lips for some reason and this smooths them out wonderfully. It softens lips and adds a nice shine, without any discernible pigment. There's a scent added but I can't notice it.
I'm going back to stock up, this balm is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a shame this is discontinued. Like many others, I got one at the Dollar Tree. I LOVE this stuff. It's so soft and moisturizing. It really feels like a 'butter' on the lips, it's smooth and rich without being greasy. It stays on longer than any other balm I've tried as well. I like how it gives your lips a nice flattering shine. It's perfect for all the time use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by aquariusgirl1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

purchased at dollar store, i love sally hansen products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by DarleneAlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Same story as the reviewer below me. Found this today at The Dollar Tree and thought I'd give it shot based on reviews. LOVE IT. The consistency is great and you can feel it pentrating your lips. Will definitely be going back tomorrow and stocking up on as many as I can!

This is what I wanted my clear MAC lip conditioner to be and I know I'll be using this now instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this, use it everyday. I bought one a little more than a year ago. I used Carmex, but this doesn't compares. It is amazing, smells and tastes so good, feels very rich on my lips, lasts for a long time and works perfectly as a lip primer. I wish it'd come in a tube like the Carmex. I love it doesn't feel "waxy" like many others lip balms. Excellent product.

Is it being discontinued? I can't find it anywhere except Ebay. =(

Update--Jan2011: I absolutely hate this has been discontinued, I haven't found anything like it. I wish SH would provide a similar product. Please bring it back!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by mschams

I am a lip-balm freak. and I just bought this yesterday for $7.99+taxes at a local superstore. Because of the harsh winter weather we've been having here my lips usually start to peel. I must say, I don't think my lips have ever looked so SOFT AND JUICY (I have full lips and they look even fuller!) before using this! and its only the second day!!!! When you first apply it, it might feel like you need to reapply more and more. Probably because its new to your lips ... But I started to really feel the affects of the healing butter today. I think I'm going to stock up on this product, cause I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Perkup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Sally Hansen Healing Butter for lips is by far one of my top three lip balms. I am a lip balm addict and I can't live without this. Not a fan of the plastic packaging or the fact that you have to stick your finger in the pot to get product, but the quality of the lip balm by far surpasses any cons the packaging has. It takes a long time to get through one of these babies, but because I am obsessed with it, I have many back ups. One time I went to go buy it and my local place was out of stock. Went to my next store, out. Next, OUT! Uh-oh! Has this been discontinued??? Went to my local Walgreens and bought all 6 they had hanging. I'll never run out now!

Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Beeswax, Flavor, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Silica Silylate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Hydrogenated Grapeseed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hydrogenated Avocado Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, SD Alcohol 40-B, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok. Funny story. Decided to do some serious cleaning in my house. Moved all the furniture to steam clean the carpets, and guess what I found behind the night stand? Healing Butter for Lips from probably a year ago or so! Almost gone, but there was enough left for me to fall in love with it all over again.

Even after all this time it works wonders! Scent is all gone (pooey), but it is a wonderful product. I use it at night before I go to bed, and in the morning before I split for work. My lips are soft, and most importantly I have NO DRY FLAKES when using this! Awesome!!!

Iíve used some other products and do love a lot of them, but I have to admit that this is definitely (by far and large) the most effective!

The only con I find with this product is the packaging. I wish it wasnít a little jar, it is hard to get on your lips without using you fingers (and I hate sticking my fingers in it). Not too hygienic. But definitely worth the money!!!! Will repurchase as soon as this little bit is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by AZsugarpie

Whoa, talk about Yummy soft and luscious lips!!!! The ONLY lip balm I would use at night! I Don't go to bed without it. I am surprised that it contains Petrolatum though because I don't like Vaseline at all????? I