December 20, 2014 | 1649 users online

Hair Color - Ion - Sensitive Scalp Developer

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Raech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok I have always used the generic sally's developer. Zero issues.
I used 10 volume Ion Sensitive scalp (it was only on for 10 mins). I liked the scent. However, out of nowhere I had oily scalp ( I mean very oily which lasted 4 weeks). My scalp still itches a lot and it gave me dandruff for 3 weeks. I have never had dandruff in my life. I have colored my hair with professional products for 28 years. I went to cosmetology school at age 15. I have never had this happen. I do not like this developer. Shame because it smelled so nice my boyfriend commented on it. But no no no. Today is 5 weeks after coloring and my scalp is itching STILL. It itches like I just colored it with bad developer yesterday after 5 weeks??? Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by steveshouse1676

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent product, Amazing smell compared to most developers used with lightening powder. Used the Ion Sensitive Scalp 20 Volume developer with Loreal Quick Blue powder to do my roots and within 40 minutes including application time I had the platinum color I needed to match the rest of my hair. Makes up keep simple and well worth the time and money not spent at a salon for someone else to do what I can do myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't tell you how many bottles of this I go through. I used it in 20 with their ammonia-free bleach. I took my hair from brown to platinum white over the course of a few bleachings spread over the year with this stuff. It's awesome. I use it for my roots too. I always have used Ion and probably always will.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in 20 vol and will now be replacing my 30 and 40 with this too. Yes, I sometimes use evil 40 haha. I was using oreor l'oreal which burned my scalp (20 vol) in searing pain. This never ever happened before this round of color. So when needing to tone today i knew i couldn't take the oreol so i bought this. This tingled but was NOT painful at ALL!!! Miracle. I will be using 30 for normal root touch ups, 40 if I need to lift a stubborn area, and 20 for my toning. Dirt cheap too!!! Oh and the color was GORGEOUS!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by payjark

This developer is so awesome. It doesnt burn my scalp and the smell is tolerable. Its so cheap and Ill always use this for my dyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Lexi90delux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have the Ion sensitive 30 developer I mix this with Loreal Quick Blue Bleach to turn my jet black hair into a nice blond color!!
Be careful while bleaching your hair try not to get It on your scalp it burns....
Buying there products saves your money if you like bleaching your hair doing root touch ups at home instead of goin to the salon!! love this developer works great

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by UnderThePink2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have very sensitive skin and this product is just wonderful. It does not irritate my skin and it does not have a horrible smell. I will use it for sure again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by zelda1802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying this is the first developer I've ever used. I really liked it. I used the vol. 30 with the ion powder lightener to bleach me hair and it didn't burn or hurt my scalp at all even though I left it on my head for 45 minutes.. It smells kind of nice, considering it's a developer. Also, it wasn't that expensive which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love that this doesn't burn my head off.

I used the generic brand a few days ago (the big salon care one) where its like 3 bucks for a huge ass bottle. well it burned my head and my hair touched my cheek for literally a second and I have two little red marks that are BURNS ahhh.

However, a few weeks ago I used this sensitive one and no issues or burning at all :) Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this at Sally's (on sale) after reading about it on the Wella Color Charm review page--and am so glad I did! I dyed my hair last night, and it was the first time not using the boxed kits. I didn't do a perfect job--I guess I should've stripped the built up color out first, but I'm scared to do so with my fine thin damaged hair--but oh boy! My scalp felt fine during the dying and both it and my hair feel great today!

I usually spend days itching and scratching after dying my hair, since I have very sensitive skin. I used the 20 developer and my hair smells great, looks good, and my scalp feels fantastic. Not going to use anything else ever again.

That Sally's membership totally paid for itself; I am done with boxed kits. Has anyone used the 30 developer? I'm wondering if that would've cut down the darkness on the ends of my hair. . .I'm really scared of color strippers.