December 19, 2014 | 1537 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Gillette - Venus Breeze

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the idea of this razor but it fails to perform the way I'd like it to.

pros:
small/ not bulky and easy told hold
great for travel in a carry on bag
does the job

cons:
strips do not lather well, especially when just opened
not the closest shave
a tad bulky for the bikini area

Although this razor is not my favorite I have purchased blades more than once for taking on trips. I keep the small plastic shell like package to cover the blade. I find it helps to let it sit in it while I shower. I let some water in to help the moisturizing strips actually get slippery.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I have the Venus Spa Breeze. Not sure what makes it different from Venus Breeze, but it's pink instead of purple. I usually get the standard blade refills, but I found a good deal on these at Costco and thought they couldn't be that different. Wrong! They have built-in shave lotion strips around the blades, which are useless because I still have to use shave gel and somehow STILL get razor burn. I'm slowly working my way through this huge Costco pack, counting the days until it's finished. You wouldn't think it would take that long since the blades are only sharp for about a week! This product's only saving grace is that the useless lotion strips smell nice. I would never buy these refills again, even though I highly recommend others by Venus,

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Kaalahm

The lotion strips left a filmy residue in my shower caddy. The first 1-2 uses per razor head were always wonderful and then came the red bumps. Venus has better razor heads in my opinion

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why all the hate? This is my favorite razor! Such an easy, comfortable grip. The blades gives such a smooth shave. Sure, I've cut myself on numerous occasions. But I'm a clutz and that's bound to happen with any razor. Yeah, the replacement blades are expensive. Four blades for an expensive price isn't worth it. But if you buy the blades without the "spa" lotion stuff, it's a lot cheaper and does a nice job as well. Love this razor!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by xicyx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So many things wrong with this razor, I don't know where to begin. First of all, it's supposed to have a bar of shaving cream built in, but I found that it didn't lubricate well and I had to use shaving cream anyway. Second, every time I used this razor I cut myself so bad, my shower was like a murder scene. Finally, when using normal pressure, the handle snapped in half while I was shaving. I will not be purchasing this razor.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

HATE!!! I like Venus, and I liked the idea of these- although to be honest I never would've bought these if given the option, I was checking out already and saw these, which reminded me I really needed new razors... Anyway, my point is, the bars do give a fantastic amount of lubricant and for that they are great, and I can see this being a plus for sensitive skin issues, but they also seriously limit how close you can get blade to skin. I want an extremely close shave, and I felt like I was pressing this razor incredibly hard into my leg. I was tempted to rub off all the shave gel right then and there just to alleviate the issue. I did still get an ok shave for my armpits, legs felt smooth in shower, but feel somewhat stubbly now that I'm out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by LdyAequitas

I love this razor. I have very sensitive skin and hate to buy shaving cream because it usually gives me a rash. I decided to give this a try because 1 it's a good razor, 2 it has a shave gel included (cut down on cost). I shave at least every other day, if not every day. I find it gives me a very close shave and my legs are soft and smooth. Underarms, not so great, but I have some rough underarms that are also very sensitive (they haven't been right since pregnancy).

My only issue with this is the cartridges.. The shave gel bars are amazing.. But they dont last long. In the package I got a razor holder, I hang it up in the shower, away from the water/shower head so it cant get wet. But I have noticed that the gel bars just melt away too quickly.. At first, they only lasted a week. Then I tried to not get the razor wet as much as possible while shaving. Wet it at first, wet my skin then shave. do not wet the razor again.. just rinse when done. This made the gel bars last about 2 weeks. but its still aggravating.. because its just the top bar that ends up falling off.. and the razor blades themselves I know can last up to a month.. So I feel bad when I throw them away...

Also, this is one razor that I have never cut myself with or had razor burn with..

Overall I give this a 4/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For a razor this little thing is quite expensive, but I really like it. I think a lot of people are just using this without shaving gel or body wash, but I definitely use it with shaving gel. I don't trust that the little gel bars are enough. I just look at it as being a cool addition that adds moisture. Very pleased, but will probably purchase a regular venus head next time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ari496

These razors arent as expensive as the venus embrace, but they're still expensive! I don't really like to shave (I prefer wazing and hair removal creams), but I though I'd try them. These are really gross. They're sticky and gooey and messy. The only reason they get a 2, not a 1, is beacuse there is minimal razor burn.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by charlpoploleh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've read a few reviews saying that men's razors are good... Someone message me whether this is true or not and which to buy? Thankyou! :)
As for the Breeze, it's a good convenience razor because there's no need to apply shaving gel before use, but the gel bars fall off pretty quickly and no matter how quickly I pick them up, they make the floor of my shower slippy, and even when they're still on the razor, make the shower rack gooey. It doesn't give the closest of shaves, it's okay on legs, but when using under my arms I've taken to using a disposable razor after I've used the Breeze just to ensure a smooth shave! As for bikini shaving... Don't use this. Feels VERY weird, and just doesn't get to the nooks and crannies without leaving a few cuts behind.