Johnson & Johnson Medicated Penaten Cream

4.9

on 4/25/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is magical! I didn't even know this stuff existed until my sister (who lives in Canada) sent it home for us to try. I have terribly sensitive skin that nothing can soothe, except for this stuff. Every time my skin gets really red and irritated I put a thick layer of the cream on and go to bed. I always wake up in the morning with soothed skin. I even suggested this stuff to my brother when his neck was itchy and he was raving about it! (He is very adverse to skin care products even!) It is hard to wash off..but it's totally worth it.

Packaging: I usually don't take this with me when I travel so I don't have any problems with the lid falling off. (It just stays in a drawer in my room so the packaging is appropriate.) If you are travelling with it I would suggest putting it in a Ziploc bag because the lid isn't secure.

I would definitely recommend this cream to anyone!

on 1/6/2015 1:12:00 PM

I found a seemingly very very weird use for this stuff, and that is lighten my foundation with it. crazy, i know!!! but it works for me! i have a hard time finding foundations that match my skintone, so that really was some discovery for me!!!! :-) actually, i just discovered this cream recently and since my colleague once told me she used it on insect bites, i purchased it. been using it on a blemish and it seems to work for that too. i was glad to discover it doesn't smell of baby (what i feared it might, since it is used as diaper cream a lot) but it smells hardly of anything to me. I read it was supposed to smell citrusy what it doesn't do to me. Anyhow I mostly use it mixed with my foundation. It gives it more staying power also, which is great! might get whitewashed if i use too much. One tad is enough. but that works perfectly!!

on 5/12/2013 9:51:00 PM

It is also great for rosacea.

on 4/13/2013 1:18:00 PM

I use this cream for every type of skin irritation. It works great for rashes, burns, pimples, or to heal cuts and scrapes. My mom used it on me and my siblings since we were babies so I have always had a container of this around. I now use it on my three boys, as a diaper cream and for all the weird little rashes they get! Packaging is not so good, the lid always comes off. One time I bought it in a tube like container which was better but it wasn't the exact same formulation but still worked well.

on 6/28/2012 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the weirdest beauty secret I've ever heard, but it really works. I have dry, sensitive facial skin and this is my SOS-night cream for when all else fails. It seems to put moisture in where I need it and literally suck the moisture OUT of blemishes -including cysts. I wake up in the morning with a moisturized face and little dried marks where zits used to be. The biggest con is that it's ugly -this is not a cream that soaks into your skin. It is an extremely heavy moisturizer that stays white and can rub off on pillows, bedsheets, and clothes. It's also not super natural, and I cringe a little thinking what my face is absorbing.

on 1/23/2012 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really surprised me in a good way. I've had it in my drawer for ages and decided to use it as an emergency product for these weird spots i get on my cheek occasionally. I have sensitive skin and instead of a breakout my skin gets red, itchy and is a bit swollen and very dry around that area. there is nothing that can soothe it except for this stuff. It is very white and will make dry skin very visible so yes, only really wearable at night but will do a good job.

on 8/26/2011 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this cream.It has a nice smell and moisturizes my face very well.

on 4/23/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love PENATEN !!! Recently after using nair on my legs and got a 2nd degree burn i used penaten and it healed without getting infected or anything. I use it on overnight, as a hydrating mask and on my lips. Truly my go to product.

on 4/27/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this or everything. As a mask, spot treatment, for dryness on my face or rest of the body, after shaving to calm the skin. It's a miracle what this can do. Best for rough lips. I put it on during the night and in the morning they're supersoft again.

on 7/4/2009 5:14:00 AM

if you want to get rid if pimples, this is the safest cream you can use!Furthermore,I have read that lots of women use diaper rash creams as night creams. I don't know if it has anti aging properties, but it is regarded as more trustworthy than other moisturizers/night creams.

Popular Treatments (Face)