April 25, 2014 | 1102 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Salon Perfect Nail Polish - Pat On The Black

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by CaitlinSahlaney

I love this color! So many deep purplish blacks have a shimmer to them-- this is a true gloss color very similar to Lincoln park after dark (OPI). It is very streaky though--need about 3 thick coats- the rounded brush is perfect for flawless application.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this, the colour looked lovely in the bottle but when i put it on (two coats) it was pretty much just a normal black. With two thin coats it looked slightly more like it had a plum tint to it but still a black really. Also it was way too streaky when applying it and i absolutely hated the brush it was so small and thin. So once i got over the colour and the application i thought fair enough i needed another good black nail varnish anyway, but its really awful, it takes so long to dry! Also everything leaves a mark on your nails and dents it literally, even my sheets, and this is with waiting a good few hours for it to dry. Im so glad i got this cheap, im definately sticking to opi and illamasqua in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I love the color so much that I will put up with the streakiness of it. Definitely takes 3-4 coats to look good so if you're impatient (like I often am) it can be taxing to wear. However, it's a wonderful dark plum color and very chic. I'm looking forward to the fall when I can sport it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by alicia2kate

Sally Hansen Salon - Pat on the Black is a deep wine/purple creme, definitely not black as the name suggests. It is still beautiful if you like vampy, deep burgundys, deep purples in a creme.
This polish requires 2-3 thin coats for opacity. Dry time was average.
The bottle is the rectangular SALON-style bottle with the black rubberized cap/top. I'm not certain if the new Complete Salon in the same name is the same color, but in the bottle, this version is darker. Great look and I won't have to worry about tipping it over.
I'm not fond of vampy colors unless they fall into the gray/blue range, but this one was okay. I'm liking cremes more and more.
(This polish reminds me of Pure Ice- Scandal.)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by candeeduhx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the color in the bottle, not black, but more of a plum color and couldn't wait to try it on. that's when it became disastrous. i put on the first layer (after base coat) and it was extremely streaky. waited for it to dry... and it never did so i went on to the nest layer. MORE STREAKINESS.. so disappointed I took it all off... this one went to the trash after that experience.

I bought this on clearance at target so it was fairly cheap, but I would never have bought this for regular price or at all if i had read some reviews.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mrsbookworm

I too was disappointed with this polish (too bad I didn't read the MUA reviews before buying this on a whim). I'd seen a blog post about the polish and was convinced that I couldn't live without this color. After going to several CVS stores looking for it, I finally found it. The deep plum color in the bottle is beautiful but, for me, the color went on darker than what's shown in the bottle. The drying time is what killed it for me. It took so long to dry & I ended up with dents in my nails. Wouldn't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this color. If one coat is applied, it is a pretty light purple (however, it's hard to apply this lightly, with the way it is formulated- at least for me, I am not an expert manicurist). If a lot is applied, it looks black-ish but if closely examined definitely has a beautiful deep purple-ish hue to it. As others have pointed out, it takes a ridiculous amount of time to try, I still have never mastered the art of doing NOTHING with my hands for as long as it takes this to dry (which is a LONG time) so it's never quite perfect. I'd probably buy it again, because I love the color so much, but if I found the exact same color in another formula/by another brand, that dried more quickly, I'd switch to that one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by pinkchiclet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This polish is gorgeous in the bottle, and a hot mess on my nails. A base coat, two polish coats and a top coat aren't enough.... I've never had a polish get as marked up as this... it seems so soft that anything you touch leaves dents in it. About a day after I put it on, it begins to chip away at the tips. It's also quite goopy to apply, and never seems to be even!
I wish this product were better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by MmeDiabolique

After reading through most of the reviews,I'd have to say that I agree with most of the reviewers. Color wise Pat on the Black is an absolutely gorgeous plum color. The problem comes in with the drying time. The first time I used it the polish took almost two days to dry completely, which resulted in sheet marks.

The second time I decided to put on a layer of fast drying black polish and then two thin layers of Pat on the Black, and I was pleasantly surprised with how fast it dried the second time (about two hours).

I'd overall rate this as a three out of five, mainly for the color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to dark nail polish. Gorgeous deep purple shade.