April 21, 2014 | 1036 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous- Blushing Mauve

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sparklyturtles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This Lipstick, Blushing Mauve in particular, is amazing!!
price-I picked this up at Target, it was $5.87 if i remember correctly, but with the $2 off any revlon lip product you can still print off Coupons.com, it was only $3.87, which was an amazing price, especially for this quality.

packaging- the packaging is simple and sleek, and the base is big enough to be able to easily take off in a hurry (unlike the lip butters). the very top of the lipstick is see through so if you have multiple you can pretty easily find the color you're looking for, and the sticker on the bottom is color coded as well. It doesn't look cheap.

color- i bought blushing mauve because i was looking for a MLBB color, which this definitely is. My natural lip color is pretty deep, and as i am very fair and cool toned its hard to find a color that won't look ridiculous and clown like on me. but this is perfect! it is a natural looking rosy color. It is pretty pigmented as well.

staying power- this doesnt last a super long time, but its good enough and it fades nicely, and it doesn't leave patches of color throughout the day. It leaves a subtle stain as well. its not hard to reapply as it goes on creamy.

I also love how nicely it goes on, and its definitely not drying and feels nice on your lips. Recommend it 100%!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by jewelishappy

Love this shade! Its kinda similar to Chanel's Rouge Allure in Romantic :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love putting on chapstick then just dabbing this on. I'm not big on the total lipstick look. I like more of the just hint of tint. So this is perfect for me. The color is right on the money. It is the perfect mauve pink. I would for sure recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

On the pic on this site it looks very light pink but it isn't(unless a completely totally diff lipstick is photographed). There is NO way this is light pink but neither is it a mauve-I'd say its more of medium dusty rose color with pink tones. I am PPP with very dark hair and this color is perfect MLBB color that would be suitable for almost all coloring (unless you are dark skinned).
ITs only shade or two darker than my own lips and looks extremely natural. I would imagine if you have very pigmented lips it may not show but I can't imagine how it could possibly look bright pink and frosty as some reviewers claim?! It says on the cover that its a frost formula but in all honesty, you can't even see the pearl at all and it looks like their cream formula so these reviews are baffling to me. I am guessing that maybe their chemistry affected the lip color when they put it on(I know it happened to me before)
This lipstick is going into heavy rotation in my stash because it goes with everything and always appropriate

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by teslafaraday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color is just ok. It doesn't show up much on my lips, leaving only a pearly shimmer after several coats. It also isn't named well...it certainly isn't a mauve. Its more of a frosty pink. It isn't drying, but isn't moisturizing either. Overall, I am not impressed with this lipstick and would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

how is this shade a blushing mauve? mauve is a pale, lavender lilac color and blushing would be like a rose. so a rosy mauve i was expecting. i dont mind shimmer but this was a frosty almost hot pink on my pigmented lips. i am asian/tan brunette so maybe this would look great on lighter complexions. returning...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by janefimbres

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect for my; woodsy autumn colored skin--matches my lip color, but better. I need to go back and buy about 5 more so I can keep them everywhere. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Miribelle

This is a great MLBB shade on me, it is almost the exact color of my natural lips, just a tad pinker and shiny. I have cool undertones, it doesn't look grey or washed out on me like some other reviewers have experienced. I almost didn't pick it up because it is a pearl finish but am glad I did because it isn't too frosty and has a nice understated sheen finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very pretty and flattering neutral lipstick for my fair complexion. Definitely has a more pink undertone then mauve considering the name of this shade. I like that it has a soft shimmery finish that isn't over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I've come to the conclusion that whoever is in charge of naming Revlon's lipstick shades should be fired! lol. But seriously, I wouldn't call this a mauve shade at all. I'd call it a light pink MLBB with a pearly sheen. Very pretty, wearable shade because it's not frosty at all. This is my first time trying a lipstick from the "super lustrous" line, and I'm not a huge fan... I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like lipsticks with pearly finish. It reminds me of MAC Creme Sheen lipsticks to an extent. Overall a pretty good drugstore find, just not my cup of tea.