Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Blonde

3.7

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've purchased this product twice already because I like that its a duo end with the pencil and brow gel. My only complaint is that when using the gel it finished far before you finish the pencil :/ maybe at 1/3 of the pencil being used the gel is finished and dried up. Other than that make sure to go for a lighter shade than your eyebrow otherwise it will look too dark!

on 4/24/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I only have one word for the Revlon Brow Fantasy... TERRIBLE! I purchased Dark Blonde. It's way to chunky, you need to press really hard to make it work, and the brow gel clumps. It looked like I had dandruff in my brows. There was some odd reddish tone to the color as well. I can't see why there are so many good reviews. For me, it was a beauty fail, and a waste of money.

My favorite eyebrow pencil. My eyebrows are a medium blonde and this works perfect. You need to be light handed though. I noticed if I start getting lazy and rushing my brows look way too dark! Also i have no use for the liquid/brush part.

on 1/16/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice brow product. You get a pencil on one end to fill your brows and a tinted brow gel on the other. With a light hand the pencil does the job admirably. The tinted gel was really nice and pulled the look together. I have the #104 dark blonde and I will say that the colour is on the reddish side of the blondes. For most blondes this will match quite well. Love the tinted brow gel most. You can use it on it's own if you are just looking for something like the Maybelline brow drama. You really get the best of both brow worlds with the Revlon brow Pencil and Gel. I want to add that after this product dries, my brows looked like they had beige powder on them. I don't know if it's from super bright lights reflecting off them or not. It's from the dried gel. It is still a nice look overall, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing. For me I rather enjoy regular brow gels over pencils and Maybelline brow drama I feel does a slightly better job over the Revlon one. Everyone is different. My daughter uses Anastasia brow wiz with the Loreal tinted gel over top and looks great on her.

on 11/13/2014 2:57:00 PM

I bought this a while ago based on the recommendation of makeupbytiffanyd on youtube. It was just okay..there are far better products out there. To me this is good if you want Brooke Shields-type eyebrows. The pencil is kind of tricky, it is sort of hard to control and can be unpredictable how much filling in you will achieve, even doing light strokes it can be hard to control. Not the worst brow pencil, but certainly not the best...I played around with this for a while and even if you get the hang of it, the pencil can just be patchy, for lack of a better word....would not re-purchase..

on 9/13/2014 9:57:00 AM

This is great for blondes who cannot get away with using some of the darker eye brow pencils. My brows are blonde and this darkens them enough to show up but isn't too dramatic on my fair skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I didn't think I was going to like this...but I do. I have strawberry blonde hair and this matches my brows closely while filling in the sparse areas that I have. The gel holds my brows in place all day. My only complaint is that I wish the gel lasted longer. I've almost run out of the gel (I'm scraping the sides with the brush), but I have plenty of the pencil left.

on 11/2/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been filling in my eye brows with an eye shadow for a few years, after I have been continuously finding brow pencils to give me too saturated brow look. Eye shadow has been working very well for me, but I was in the mood for experimenting and decided to try out Revlon's brow pencil. I will always look in Revlon first for anything makeup-wise, and their Brow Fantasy checked out because the color seemed right and the ingredients seemed good (no parabens). My eye brows are short and never move, so I was only interested in the pencil portion, not so much the gel. I appreciated that the pencil is a "real" wooden pencil as opposed to the slim plastic twist-style pencils that I'm afraid would break on my brows. It took me several times to try out this pencil, and now I am surprised at how much I enjoy it!

I got this pencil for a change and envisioned doing several light swipes over my brows, and that would be it - quick and easy. At first, it took longer than with eye shadow, as the texture of the pencil seemed rather waxy rather than smooth. However, it just took practice and I find that it does indeed glide on easily and is buildable. The color seemed to yellowish at first (a big change from a darker shadow I used), but one day I looked in the bathroom mirror and noticed how well it fits with my hair! It was amazing!

I do use the gel portion too, and love it. At first, I felt that it didn't add much in color, but it does add a little. The color is very light, but I love it. Pencil pigment lasts wonderfully long - all day, no issues! Comes off easily with soap. Another small note is that the pencil cap snaps shut very well, so it's well protected for carrying in a makeup bag.

The amount of pencil, for me, isn't too little, comparing to the gel portion. They seem very equal. It's a great brow pencil and, though at first I felt that it's rather an accessory to my routine of filling in brows with an eyeshadow, I reach for the pencil every morning!!! I would repurchase!

*** *** ***
This is a full list of ingredients listed on the package and uses:

*Pencil Ingredients*:
Polyethylene (binding agent),
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (synthetic skin conditioning agent),
Dimethicone (silicon-based conditioning agent),
Polymethylsilsesquioxane (synthetic opacifying agent),
Mica (naturally occurring mineral - shimmery opacifying agent),
Rhus Succedanea Cera (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax) (natural binding agent from Japanese wax tree),
Sorbic Acid (natural preservative),
Tocopherol (Vitamin E - conditioning agent),
Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C bound with a naturally occurring fatty acid - skin conditioning antioxidant),
Lecithin (naturally occurring skin conditioning agent),
Glyceryl Stearate (natural skin conditioning agent),
Glyceryl Oleate (natural skin conditioning agent),
Citric Acid (natural preservative),

MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxichloride.

*Gel Ingredients*:
Dimethicone (silicon-based skin conditioning agent),
Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer (binding anf film-forming agent),
PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer (film-forming and hair fixing agent),
Disteardimonium Hectorite (naturally occurring clay-based thickening agent),
Trihydroxystearin (fatty acid-derived thickening and skin conditioning agent)
Propylene Carbonate (synthetic solvent),
Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicon-based viscosity controlling and hair fixing agent),
Phenoxyethanol (preservative),
Capryl Glycol (skin conditioning agent with some antimicrobial activity),
1,2-Hexanediol (synthetic solvent).

MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/1/2013 7:30:00 PM

My favorite beside the Anastasia brow wiz. I'm on my 3rd sticks! I use it daily.. It's so natural on my brows it goes on smoothly and evenly. The only thing I don't like about this is the gel. I used it few time and it made my eyebrow very hard and dry.. When I use my fingers to feel it, it almost like it was flaking.. So I only use canyon part of it. I would buy it again because it's affordable than the Anastasia brow wiz.

on 5/29/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great idea packaging a eyebrow crayon on one end and a eyebrow gel on the other end. The concept is good. I have been using this on and off for over a year now because I really wanted to like this, I really did. But, I don't. Not at all. The pencil is firm and it takes too much pressure and too much effort to get a good brow with this. The crayon color really doesn't look good on me or natural on my brows as it is way too dark and I am a natural blonde with dark brows. I really loved the idea of the mascara style wand to brush through those unruly brows and set them right in place. This was a good idea, only my brows are naturally darker than the product and it looked odd, plus it clumped badly requiring me to use my eyelash comb to get the lumps out of my brows. So the pencil shade is too dark, the gel shade is too light and this is just a cosmetic disaster for me. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with this purchase and now that I think of it I don't know why I haven't simply tossed this out. I rarely toss a product as I will get my money's worth but this just isn't worth it. It just does not work for me.

Popular Brows Products