December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Crème - Kanebo - Sensai CP Skincare Foundation CREAM FOUNDATION SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by katiegrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

please can someone advice me on this foundation?. I wear diorskin hydrating foundation in 020. I find the new replacement formula too dark now and it oxidises . This appears to be the best foundation from what i can see on the reviews but i'm so confused about shades!!!. In the uk i an only find this in Harrods yet there is no summer breeze shade anymore only soft beige are these shades the same?!!!. I have no idea which shade to choose!.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best foundation I've ever tried and I tried a lot. Melts into the skin completely, no-makeup effect, moisturises, adds glow, medium to full coverage, long-wearing (you get a good 6 to 8 hours), may be worn with or without a primer, literally matches any primer you get, not necessarily Sensai.
I prefer to use a Dior Full Coverage brush and blend the foundation very sparingly where I need it for pigmentation or redness, otherwise I don't need any. It goes well for under eye circles too, no new wrinkles and hides existing ones. Hides pores as well.
First I bought 14 Bamby Beige, but felt it was too dark/tan, making it a perfect summer shade. Then I bought 12 Summer Breeze and it was perfect. For your reference, I also have EL DW in 1N2 Ecru and could wear CD in 020nd MAC NW15. In Sensai, odd numbers are yellow based and even are more pink-based or at least, more neutral.
I also have Sensai CP powder foundation in the same colors and brush it over cream, and it isn't an overdo, they are even more perfect together, in terms of finish and longevity. If you have a shiny t-zone you may want to blot and touch up well after noon. You can match any of them with any other.
Well, Sensai CP cream foundation is insanely expensive but worth every penny, if you are over 40 (mature skin) and your wallet could stand that, don't even hesitate, this is the best you can have. A little goes a very long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by nmaf23

This Foundation is lovely and does feel luxurious but I am not a fan of the packaging. It is heavy glass which is expected from a high end foundation but when m foundation arived the plastic seal over the product was so tight that I spilled quite a bit and lost product. also it does not seem like you get a lot of product with this.

PROS
This foundation wears for an extremely long time but still delivers the most gorgeous satin,glowing soft focus finish ever without being oily or feeling heavy, I am however going to save this for the summer when my skin is less dry and the finish of the foundation is able to show through.

It has no spf which means if it matches you perfectly in daylight it should photograph well.
It looks great for every occasion , from everyday wear to an evening out and could be sheered down or built up and I ALWAYS get compliments on my skin when I wear this.
For best results I find that this is best applied with fingers or a beauty blender to preserve the finish and could work well for slightly oily to slightly dry skins with proper prep.

CONS
The shade range. I am in between an nc45-nc50 in MAC, B70 in Ysl,10 in Giorgio Armani LSF,Caramel in Revlon Colorstay combination/oily. While it is usually difficult for me to find a match, I find that the shade TOPAZ BEIGE matches me but the undertone is slightly off. A drop of a slightly more orange or rich foundation is enough to correct this but in pictures the pink/peach undertone of the foundation is still apparent and gives off a very apparent white cast

SUMMARY

While I adore this foundation, I am truly disappointed that I cannot wear it at night time for photos and I feel I can sometimes achieve a similar finish by mixing some of my other high end favorites. Overall this a luxury foundation with a lovely finish that is worth the splurge but may not blow your other foundations out of the water.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Passerine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Add me to the list of fans for this foundation! As a fair-skinned redhead, finding the right foundation has always been a challenge. I tried Chanel last year but even the lightest colour was too dark, had an orange cast, and worst of all, made my skin break out. After my Chanel failure, I tried two lesser known (and less expensive!) European brands -- Borlind and Art Deco -- both of which had colours that were better matches, but their texture wasn't right. Then I tried Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. The colour match in the store indicated that Cool Beige 3.25 was the best shade, but it didn't seem right out in the "real world". Also, the coverage was inadequate. But it's not a cheap brand so I thought I'd stick with it.

But while attending a business conference, I decided to slip out to a store near the hotel and came across the Kanebo/Sensai display. The colour Creamy Beige CF11 grabbed my attention right away. I didn't have makeup on, so I put some on one half of my face, then went back to the room and put the BB on the other half. What a difference! Everything about this Kanebo foundation was better -- the colour match, the texture, the way it wore over the course of the day. After six hours, I took another quick break from the conference, ran back to the store, and picked up a jar. Expensive (about $135) but better to pay for something that WORKS than spend money on a variety of products that just aren't right.

The saleslady gave me two samples of the Sensai prime solution to try. So far, they seem good, but I haven't made up my mind yet. But unless something changes dramatically in my skin, the Kanebo/Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation is the one for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am completely on love with this foundation...but it wasn't love at first sight! I was super excited to try it, as it was my first foray into the Kanebo line and it was much raved about by a trusted beauty blogger. Initially I was put off by the way it dried down. The finish was beautiful but it felt a tad heavy and when I would sweat, any place that I got it a bit thick would become evident and stodgy. However, I then began applying it with a damp Shiseido perfect foundation brush and that's when I fell in love. The damp brush prevented the "heavy" spots and the thick feeling. At that point, the words Holy grail began coming out of my mouth!! It dries to an amazing glowy finish...not dewy, not shiny, not sparkly...but absolutely glowy. My skin looks amazing and trust me, I do NOT have amazing skin. I have large pores and fine lines galore from years of smoking. Although I've quit, the reminders are there :(. It covers the redness on my cheeks, smooths fine lines, and does not dehydrate my skin (a problem I have with MANY foundations). It blends seamlessly and easily and the shade match is the most perfect match I've ever found. I am nc23 and CF22-natural beige is a perfect match. Its a wonderdful cream texture that lasts till I wash it off. It is an amazingly tenacious foundation. My only problem with this base is the packaging. The jar is messy and unsanitary. Elegant looking, minimalistic, and sturdy glass, it is quite nice to look at...but I am just not a fan of makeup in jars. It's such a wonderful product, I'm willing to overlook it and decant a small amount into a sample jar once or twice a month so I don't have to open the main jar anymore than necessary. Bottom line, I think it would work well for a variety of skin types, but it works exceptionally well for my aging, combo/dehydrated skin. I love it and would certainly replenish when I run out. The price is steep but a jar will last a very long time...and the added skincare makes it worth it for me. I have noticed a marked improvement in my skin's texture with daily use over the last 3 months, and it survived the ridiculous humidity and heat of this past summer. A big thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Airhostess

This is my HG of foundations. I have thin, dry skin with fine lines. I apply it with a MAC makeup brush over a base of Filorga Iso Structure firming cream. It goes on quite thick, then I finish blending it with fingers all over, and it seems to vanish into my skin, giving me a weightless feeling like I'm not wearing makeup at all, yet giving me 100% full coverage of all flaws and glowing, radiant finish. I went for CF14 colour bamby beige which is very pale but is an exact match. The small glass jar is not very convenient, ok I guess if you're dipping a makeup brush into it though. Fine lines are not totally disguised but do seem less visible, this foundation certainly doesn't seep into them or enhance them. It's mega expensive £60 in UK, seems it will last a long time
though. Will keep buying it if they keep making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by mcmiller53

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Won't bore you with all the foundations I've tried, but by my age, I have. I FINALLY found the perfect foundation for my skin with Sensai Kanebo's Cellular CF23. It is perfect for moisturizing my skin, blends beautifully (USE A BRUSH) and my skin feels like velvet once it dries. It's a little sticky at first. '

For a while, it wasn't sold in the US, so I freaked out and had a friend from Belgium send it to me, but now I can find it at Bergdorf's and they mail it to me. I wouldn't live without it.

There are a lot of products that you can cut corners with and go the drugstore or bargain beauty shops with, but not foundation. Without that, the rest isn't worth whatever you saved.

Yes, it is expensive, but if you use the makeup brush it lasts forever. Go lightly and you're fine. I go through a jar about once a year, so $80/year for glowing, remarkable skin that people really do stop me to compliment, is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenny1988

Had a period of breakouts and didn't use any foundation for approximately 2 years. Then I decided to find a foundation that didn't damage my skin, and I was so afraid of getting the breakouts back.
Extremely helpfull staff that tried on different foundations on my face until we found the perfect one :)
I must say that I was a bit shocked when the woman in the counter told me that this tiny package was 900 SEK, which is about 130 $!!! But deffenatly worth it!
Since I've started to use the Kanebo foundation my skin glows and looks perfect! The small imperfections I had before are all gone and I feel beautiful even without any Make up on.

Now my first package is out and I will go to the beauty store tomorrow and buy a new one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Beautiful foundation!
Best applied over the cellular performance primer.
At 41, I have lines around the eyes and on the forehead, and this does not settle in them.
With the primer, this gives a radiant look to skin that is dull.
May get a bit if the shinies on the forehead and nose after a couple of hours, a light powdering will take care if that.
I do not set this with powder upon application, as it will ruin that wonderful radiant look.
It dries lighter than it looks in the jar, so try a slightly darker shade.

Only downside is the jar, a pump would be more hygienic, especially since you need so little of it. And, of course, the price. But if you can afford it, there is nothing that compares.

Yes, a little goes a very long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by shesaidleave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation looks amazing on my skin.I had tried the Kanebo modeling water which made my pores so noticeable. Sensai CP foundation just gives me a fresh gorgeous finish. It is pricey but well worth the money.