August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Occitane - Immortelle Brightening Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not but this for myself, because I don't need it, but I would buy it for my mother if she promised she'd use it. This smells AMAZING. Like fresh green, cucumbery flower water. The smell is intoxication. I used a sample of this today under my sunscreen and it felt so slick and cool and lovely going on and just, oh, the smell! I wish there were a perfume or deodorant that smelled like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by cdias16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using it morning and night for the past two weeks and i definitely notice a difference. The darker spots have reduced quite a bit. Also if you use this product along with facials/microdermabrasions you will notice more of a difference. Its light enough to wear during the day and doesn't feel oily
The only complaint i have is the bottle itself. The dropper barely works. I don't even bother with it anymore so I just pour it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by AudreyNgo

Actually, its name is Immortelle Brightening Essence. This essence extra solution to brighten skin and its main purpose is not a moisture.I a set of Clinique daily skincare #4 but it is not much benefits. Therefore, I use L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Essence before my Clinique moisture. A beautiful combination! ^^

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ceila

Did absolutely nothing to my skin, used it along with the foaming cleanser .. No brightening effect whatsoever and it did not moisturize at all , a 5 bucks cream could've done better .. Waste of money :) u may just like the aromatic smell and the ellegance of the package and that's all

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this over a week and turns out really good. My face is more brighten and radiant. Can't tell whether it reduces any dark spots as yet.

The texture is like clear runny gel. It's easily absorb to the skin. No strong fragance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by wujen

I bought this recently along with the Immortelle Brightening Moisturiser. I love it. It's light, smells very refreshing, absorbs immediately into your skin, and works like a charm along with the moisturiser. I've noticed visible results upon first use and my skin continues to look more radiant and even.
There's really nothing more to add than what's already been said from the other reviews. For me, seeing is believing, and this little baby has proved to to me it's worth.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MN2010

I had high hopes for this product. I used it religiously to see effects and just ended up getting a bad breakout and very red skin. I do not think it is worth the money as I have tried "brightening" oils from other brands that are a lot cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I found the Brightening Essence to be a waste of money. It did not brighten at all and I went through 1.5 bottles of this after which I just gave up and threw the rest away. The consistency is gel-like but I found it sticky once on my skin. I like the smell of this product but that's about it. Not repurchasing. It is $70 Cdn before taxes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by qoo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure what this does for me. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't fade spots or scars and doesn't improve my skin texture. Weird dry oil that sits on my skin instead of absorbing. Deciding now whether to bin it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by definesinister

According to the box: Smoothens, even, lightens. The brightening essence is a concentrated serum which visibly preserves youth and brightens skin. It's fresh and light serum formula combines:

- organic immortelle essential oil, concentrated in time-released micro capsules, for long lasting anti-wrinkle, anti-free radical and firming effectiveness

-Bellis perennis brightening extract, combined witha vitamin c derivative to make the complexion more uniform and more radiant

- a wintergreen leaf extract to stimulate the natural exfoliantion of cells and refine skin's texture with soothing and moisturizing agents: chamomile extract and allantoine

Day after day, complexion is more radiant and even-toned. Skin is soothed and moisturized, firmed, and toned. It attains a youthful glow.

Wow. I'm heading towards the age of 25. I know most of you are thinking, "Isn't she too young for this skin care line?" I never thought any L'Occitane facial product would work out for me. After doing a bit of research on here, I decided to look into this product. I was in the market for a night serum that will help me out with the Differin gel I use at night (0.1% adapalene). Now, I've been told not to use any type of facial lotion and opt to use a serum instead by my esthetician. Serums are meant to be concentrated, therefore serums will penetrate deeper into the skin and does what it is suppose to do and will give your skin enough skin hydration. Moisturizer are just fillers and are not to be penetrated into the skin, hence there are more preservatives in moisturizers than a serum. Another plus is this serum contains no perservatives! So I did what my esthetician told me, and using other serums I've had great results. I haven't used it long, but based on the sample I got from the nice sephora lady, my skin seemed to like it after applying Differin gel. It could be just me, but just trying the sample I noticed my skin what a bit brighter. Glad I got a 20% discount from sephora, so I quickly snatched this up. I have not regretted buying this since. I only use it at night as it can be somewhat oily (even when I wake up). But its ok as I know at least my skin won't dry out from the differin gel at night. Right now I can honestly say I have complete faith in the product. I can not wait until I see results at the end of 4 or 8 weeks of using this (and afterwards, of course). I did get some samples of the Brightening Shield with SPF 40 PA +++. Completely different, and greasy! I was disappointed and returned it to sephora.

**UPDATE: Ok... this serum does really make the skin glow! I guess its just something about evening primrose oil. Now that it is winter, my esthetician told me to use two serums as heat can dry skin faster. I still use this serum first then I put Dr. G's Hydra-Intensive Serum. Dr. G is a korean brand and contains evening primrose oil also. Once I wake up my skin is nice and supple, not oily! I will only use two serums at night when it is winter time. I will switch to using only this at night as I get somewhat oily in this humidity during spring/summer/fall.