L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

3.6

on 4/11/2015 5:39:00 AM

A hydrating, calming serum along the veins of Estee Lauder Advanced Night repair, Lancome Genefique, Jurlique Herbal recovery gel, Kiehls midnight recovery concerntrate etc. Like its ilk, it's non-sticky, light and easily absorbed.

I didn't use this for long enough to see any long term skin brightening effects, but on a superficial level, the purported skin brightening effects are due to the oils in this serum. Oils make your skin glowy. The glow and oil content in this serum are very subtle. You'd probably not even notice it.

Overall, I don't think this serum is any better than any of the other similar type serums on the market. I'll definitely use it if I get another sample, but bang for buck, I'd buy one of the cheaper aforementioned ones. And if I really wanted to brighten my skin, I'd invest in a Vitamin C serum.

Fragrance is fresh, and very French.

on 4/6/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pros:
make my face brighter even in first time used
reduce redness
reduce dullness
tightening large pores
fading a bit my acne scar
shrink fast,

cons;
damn expensive

on 12/7/2014 1:51:00 PM

I honestly did not notice any brightening effect with this product. It is expensive and seems to contain a lot of filler ingredients. I think there are many more effective vitamin c serums that brighten and offer other anti-aging benefits. This serum does not offer any other anti-aging benefits. The packaging, however, is ridiculously adorable.

on 5/1/2013 12:29:00 PM

I would not but this for myself, because I don't need it, but I would buy it for my mother if she promised she'd use it. This smells AMAZING. Like fresh green, cucumbery flower water. The smell is intoxication. I used a sample of this today under my sunscreen and it felt so slick and cool and lovely going on and just, oh, the smell! I wish there were a perfume or deodorant that smelled like this.

on 12/13/2012 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Have been using it morning and night for the past two weeks and i definitely notice a difference. The darker spots have reduced quite a bit. Also if you use this product along with facials/microdermabrasions you will notice more of a difference. Its light enough to wear during the day and doesn't feel oily
The only complaint i have is the bottle itself. The dropper barely works. I don't even bother with it anymore so I just pour it out.

on 10/12/2012 4:16:00 PM

Actually, its name is Immortelle Brightening Essence. This essence extra solution to brighten skin and its main purpose is not a moisture.I a set of Clinique daily skincare #4 but it is not much benefits. Therefore, I use L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Essence before my Clinique moisture. A beautiful combination! ^^

on 8/5/2012 7:39:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing to my skin, used it along with the foaming cleanser .. No brightening effect whatsoever and it did not moisturize at all , a 5 bucks cream could've done better .. Waste of money :) u may just like the aromatic smell and the ellegance of the package and that's all

on 5/17/2012 5:49:00 AM

I've been using this over a week and turns out really good. My face is more brighten and radiant. Can't tell whether it reduces any dark spots as yet.

The texture is like clear runny gel. It's easily absorb to the skin. No strong fragance.

on 4/26/2012 7:52:00 AM

I bought this recently along with the Immortelle Brightening Moisturiser. I love it. It's light, smells very refreshing, absorbs immediately into your skin, and works like a charm along with the moisturiser. I've noticed visible results upon first use and my skin continues to look more radiant and even.
There's really nothing more to add than what's already been said from the other reviews. For me, seeing is believing, and this little baby has proved to to me it's worth.

on 3/20/2012 7:48:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product. I used it religiously to see effects and just ended up getting a bad breakout and very red skin. I do not think it is worth the money as I have tried "brightening" oils from other brands that are a lot cheaper.

Popular Treatments (Face)