October 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Hair Treatments - Ion - Color Defense - After-Color Sealing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for many years, since I found the Wella Color Charm at Sally, and this was suggested.

Since I color my hair at home, I usually rinse it out in the sink, and then hop in the shower. Using this as a followup to the usual shampooing nails the color in place, and leaves my hair so soft and shiny. It's a real treat. I try to repeat weekly, and the color lasts about six weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I recently went red and as anybody who has been there knows, red is super difficult to maintain because it fades so quickly and plus I am currently using Demi permanent hair color which washes out quickly. Anyways, this stuff is amazing. After coloring I apply this to my hair by itself (right after rinsing color out with cold water) and leave it on under a shower cap for an hour.

now, other reviewers note that it doesn't condition or moisturize as well as other conditioners thus after my one hour of letting this sealer sit, I remove the shower cap and on top of the sealer I slather Ions Effective Care Treatment ( I buy the little packets as needed, 99cents ea.) and leave that for an additional hour.

I do this because I want the sealer 'set', for lack of a better word before I combine a conditioner.

rinse with cold water and ta-da, beautiful shiny model-worthy hair. And its soo inexpensive. May be a little more effort than a regular conditioner but this stuff does its job and worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by dayle81

My hair feels as silky and bouncy as when I have the redken power shots done in the salon. I use this after coloring and once a week afterward. I mix a half a tube of the shine treatment in and leave it as I shave. five minutes later my hair is gorgeous. Hair shampoo beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I too dye unnatural colors which are notorious for fast fading. I most recently used purple haze by manic panic and loved the color so much. After a cold water and vinegar rinse the product was still rubbing off. So I slathered my hair in this and slept in it with a shower cap. When I washed it out, NO DYE CAME OUT!!!!! It is no longer rubbing off and the color is just as vibrant as when I first rinsed the dye out. I will always have a bottle of this. No more staining of towels, pillows, hoodies etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetsparkless

I dye my hair all different, bright colors and this helps keep them longer. I always use Manic Panic which lasts a few weeks but to make it stay bright I use this 3 times a week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I bought the big bottle and finished it but I don't know if I'll repurchase because it didn't really help with the hair color. It may not be the product and may be my hair because I had it bleached the whole summer and maybe got so damaged that couldn't grab the color. I don't really know what happened. I didn't like the smell and wasn't moisturizing nor did it make my hair shiny....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I've used this off and on for years now and love it! I usually snag a packet for 99ยข when I pop in Sally's.

Scent of this imo is a light fresh scent.

I love how this softens my thick,dry super curly,dyed,and almost daily straightened hair. I always makes my hair looks glossy,smooth and bouncy. It seems to really seal in color and help with fading imo.

The true test was these past 3weeks....I have been using Color Oops and re dying both 1x a week til this last time over the weekend...I finally found my perfect color (went lighter due to horrid greys) and had to use Color Oops to get the previous dye out so that was this past Saturday and I washed my hair today and used this. Now anyone who has used Color Oops knows how super drying it is...well once again I have to give props to Ion for making this stuff my hair feels amazingly soft!!! After showering and using this I blow dried my hair and followed up with straightening my hair and it feels luxurious. By looking at it and feeling my hair you can't even tell its been thru the ringer for the past 3 weekends lol

Since the mid 90's I've dyed my hair closest to my natural hair color wich is medium brown and with this stuff over the past few years had made my brown hair vibrant and wonderfully soft! As of this past Saturday I went blonde,I can only imagine how my new color will be looking with use of this stuff.

I may be done with packets and just finally get a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This stuff definitely works. I dye my hair black every few months, so even though its black and doesn't fade much, I use this. I can definitely tell a difference! I use it right after I dye my hair, like right after I'm done rinsing out the dye, and then the first 3-4 times I wash my hair after a dye job. I took off a lippie because I don't like the smell. It's so artificial and sweet ><
Other than the scent, I ALWAYS use this after I dye my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a sample size of this to try before jumping into buying the big bottle. I have to say this worked pretty well. I only used it after I dyed so I do not know how it would help in the long term, but I do think it helped. After I was done coloring I did as stated washing with a dab of color treated shampoo and then this. This left my hair smelling amazing and feeling soft and silky. I would have to use it more often before I could decide if it has a lasting effect to purchase the large bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by NatNikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just recently started using Ion products and have been very happy so far. I bought their permanent hair dye and got a bottle of the colour sealer with it as I saw how highly recommended it was. After I rinsed out the dye I towel dried my hair I massaged in the colour sealer and then gently combed it through to make sure all of my hair was covered evenly. I clipped my hair up in a bun and let it sit for a good half hour before rinsing it out. I have to say that this stuff was an amazing last touch to the dye job. It made my hair super soft and shiny and the colour looks beautiful. I dyed my hair a dark brown and normally with a typical drug store box dye, that colour fades considerably after 2 washes even when you use a colour protecting shampoo. It's been a month and my colour still looks the same as it did the day I dyed it. I will definitely be sticking with Ion products from now on! They're really affordable and do an amazing job.