December 19, 2014 | 1572 users online

Self Tanners - Victoria's Secret - Bare Bronze Daily Glow Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by CutieFruity

I ordered this on Ebay as it isn't widely available in Sydney. I am very fairskinned, and was afraid this would look obvious but in a few hours I noticed my beautiful glowing, lightly bronzed legs and arms. It looks like I've been on a beach holiday!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by StarbucksAndSunglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im in love with Bare Bronze! I got this in the self tanner for my face and its perfect! I use it twice a day, morning and night because i like getting tan fast. It sinks in really fast, but my nose does look slightly oily(nothing major) the smell is AMAZING! Its really tropical! I love the packaging colors, which are pink + gold. I love that it has a pump. It really does make my skin feel soft and smooth after i apply it. I have acne prone skin & this doesnt break me out [:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product the past months to maintain a nice tan. It builds gradually and doesn't look orange at all. I love the tropical scent that lingers long after the lotion dries.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how much a regular bottle is, but I got this during the semi annual sale for $2 :D. I have light/medium skin that tans pretty easily in the sun, and i got this in the Medium/Dark shade. It has a nice coconut smell to it that isn't overwhelming. I put this on everyday after i shower. It moisturizes very nicely. In the beginning I didn't notice myself getting any tanner, until one day my friend commented, "your legs look so tanned!" and that's when I know this lotion is actually working :). I would definitely repurchase this because it does work, and it doesn't make me look orange at all. Also, it comes with a pump, which is very nice and handy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjanson

This review is for the pink bottle marked Light/Medium. I think this is a superior product to Jergens and the other drugstore brands' gradual self tanners because it's a very good moisturizer for dry skin and leaves your skin nice and soft. Many others don't even do that much. The smell is not bad at all, in fact my husband seems to like it (?). The color is about the same you get with all of the light/medium formulas out there - it starts out nonexistent, then you move into the jaundiced phase (yellow), then you reach a more or less satisfactory *light* tan in about a week if you apply it once a day.

The complaints I have, however, are serious. First, the Bare Bronze stains white bed sheets. Second, it rubs off or scratches off the skin fairly easily and before a week is out I'll have patches of tan and patches of white, making me look strange. I've used about four bottles of this stuff in the past two summers but the charm has worn off.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by lindaaakim

hmm okay first off, the packaging is cute.. hot pink with gold.
i've used it for about a week straight and got results within about 2-3 days of use..
not dramatic results but about a couple shades darker.
but after i continued the use, it started getting a little bit of an orange tone so i stopped. but the smell is better than any other self-tanner (coconuty beach kind of smell)
its moisturizing as well.. if you want to get really dark asap... get something else because this is more of a gradual tanner with a hint of glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure I have the exact formula as the one being reviewed here (mine is in a white bottle thats described as a gradual self-tanner). But anyway I am very impressed! My general opinion of Victoria Secret is they are overpriced and low-quality -bought better bras from Walmart, but in this case this is a very high quality gradual tanner. Looks very very natural, no orange/ yellow, just very very light brown. Really good thick moisturizing formula with a scent that may be strong for some but there really isnt that distinct sunless-tan scent at all! Has a musky, salty fragrance to it that I kinda like. I got this on sale for 8$ and am going to go back and stock up! Ive tried tons of faketanners from banana boat to clarins and I really think this is my favorite so far! They'll probably discontinue it but hopefully theyll make a similar version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lillyntally

This is a bit pricey in my opinion ($18) but it goes on beautifully! No streaking at all!! The bottle looks very nice on the counter. I dont mind paying a bit more for this product (and I am quite cheap!) Good stuff! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am using this in the winter months, because my legs get really pale and ashy! It smells really nice like coconutty tanning lotion, smooth application, not at all sticky. really moisturizing.

great product overall

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale for like four bucks, which is a deal. I did see a small color change over time, but nothing too dramatic yet, and I bought the darkest shade they had. I will keep building it up to see if I can reach my desired shade. It does smell very tropical- like suntan lotion. I can detect a slight coconut note that isn't teenish, though after awhile, the scent remains. It doesn't seem to fade too much, which is what I wanted. The bottle is cute and the pump is convenient. If you like to self-tan, give this a whirl. I still like the immediate results of savage bronze too and could possibly layer this with it.