Bonne Bell Skin Musk Cologne Spray

4.4

on 1/8/2015 10:22:00 AM

This scent is still really good to me. I layer it with Jovan Musk as that is my favorite but this just makes my skin smell so good! Like my skin but better. It's what good clean skin smells like in my mind or what I'd like to smell. It's clean, fresh, but still musky. Really good scent and am glad I can still get it. I was wearing florals and citrus then one day I just missed my musks and had to go back to them. Skin musk is a great scent for those who want something more close to the skin. Jovan musk is more powdery and stronger to my nose. Skin musk is more understated but still so good. Definitely one to try if you like musks it's an oldie but goodie. Recommended.:)

on 2/28/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Clean, innocent, FUN scent!! I buy it at kmart in the oil, EDT, & aerosol can, but can also be found at times at walgreens; they keep the oil behind the counter w all the other "more expensive" perfumes. I love this & Loves' perfumes (ie Baby Soft, Jasmine, & Lemon). I just adore Skin Musk!! Bonne Bell rarely misses the mark in their products, yet another DS gem!!

on 11/14/2013 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My first whiff of Bonne Bell Skin Musk in the 70's was mind-blowingly good to me -- whoa!!! -- and I circled back immediately in that ladies' dressing room (in college) to find which girl was wearing that awesome scent -- and to ask her what it was. I *had* to know, so I sniffed her down like a bloodhound. Thankfully, she was very forthcoming with the name. Of course, I immediately went out and bought myself some and wore it happily. It was fabulously musky and sensuous then.

But wahhhhhh, like all the 70's musks, this has changed so drastically that it's nothing like it was then. The company was bought out, apparently, and the formulation was changed. I currently have Bonne Bell Skin Musk in both spray and perfume oil -- in the new formulation -- and I've had them for maybe 10 years -- but their scent is just "baby lotion" to me now -- or "baby powder", or "baby oil". Dare I say it? OK, I'll say it. It smells like "baby wipes"!

It's okay, for a nonoffensive scent. It has its place, and it's worth a repurchase (in either formulation, but I prefer perfume oil); however, to me it's basically just a sweet powdery smell now -- and quite far removed from the sensuous musk it used to be. Such a shame. I still remember that first whiff in 1973 or 1974 like it was frozen in time -- it was an arrestingly beautiful sensuous musk then, but it's just an okay safe and inoffensive powdery scent for me now.

The original extinct outstanding version I give 5 lippies to -- today's disappointing "baby wipes" version, 3 lippies.

Used to be much better. Along the same lines of Coty Wild Musk. If you like old school sandalwood-jasmine- slightly powdery type warm musks like Coty Wild Musk or Bonne Bell Skin Musk- you have to try this oil called Civet Musk by Body Time! It's so much closer to how those oils to use to be! Wear this a lot to work and for a daytime scent!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My holy grail of 20 years. I started wearing this in junior high. I used to get a lot of compliments then. Strangely enough, I have gotten so many compliments on this and rarely on the expensive ones I have worn. My mother has always loved this on me as well.
I own both the oil and spray. They both smell the same to me. It's a powdery, dry, sweet but not foody, musk with some sort of lavender or citrus in it. I have read both online but it smells like lavender to me. There is a dry incense like quality to this perfume which I assume is the sandalwood.
I wouldn't say this is a perfume for a conservative person or a girly girl, I would say more of a hippy type or bohemian. But it sophisticated enough to wear to work or an evening out.
This is a perfume without a lot of throw i.e. you have to be near someone wearing it to smell it. It is sexy but also fresh and clean at the same time. I find this scent very relaxing and comforting.
This can be a little hard to find but a lot of Walgreens, CVS and Walmart's carry it. I just go to stores online and check stock and see which locations have it. Luckily, I live down the street from two stores that carry this. One has the spray and one has the oil. Today I just scored a bottle of the oil on sale at Walgreens for $6.50.

on 6/4/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, because others have said it better than I ever could, I'll keep it short - it's a lovely scent: sweet but not overly so, musky but not "hippy", powdery but not "old" lady- like. It's warm and very "cuddle" worthy i.e. subtle, my only grip is that it doesn't last a long time even when I layer the spray and the oil. Would I repurchase? Probably not, only because I want something a little warmer and longer lasting (on me). But in general it is definitely a scent to experience.

on 11/9/2010 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

Without a doubt, my favorite scent EVER. Even if I have Chanel, Ralph Lauren or other pricey scents around, I find myself always grabbing for this one. I've yet to wear it anywhere without, as the poster below said, everyone (men and women) complimenting me on my fragrance. It's hard to describe, but it just smells fresh and clean, with just the right amount of musk to make it memorable. My only complaint is, besides Ebay, it's so darned hard to find the spray anywhere. I have the oil, which luckily Walgreen's still sells, but haven't had any luck finding the spray anywhere except on Ebay. I wish it were easier to find...and I really wish they made a body wash in this fragrance. If I could, I'd envelope myself in this scent 24/7, lol!

BBSM is a scent I know I'll never get tired of, even after using it for about 15 years.

on 2/18/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been wearing this scent for over 30 years and never want to change, it's my signature. I hooked up with an old boyfriend once after more than 10 yrs and he said "That's the smell I fell in love with." It works with my chemistry beautifully, the spray, oil and lotion (which is sadly no longer available) and I have gotten dozens of compliments over the years from friends, lovers and even people I didn't know. It truely is awesome and I love it as much today as I have for all these years!

on 12/19/2009 7:31:00 PM

I've been wearing this Musk "Oil" (only wear the oil) for more than 30 years. There is something about my chemistry and this oil that makes this ďmyĒ scent. In fact, my girlfriend was mad when she wore it and it didnít smell like it did on me, so it will definitely be different on each person. Not a week has gone by in 30+ years that I donít get a compliment. There is something about it that really attracts men and Iíve had them come out of the woodwork to tell me how good I smell. Iíve even had strangers on the street tell me how good I smell and ask what Iím wearing. I know that Bonne Bell was sold but it I donít think the scent has changed and Iíll never stop wearing it!

on 11/16/2008 5:03:00 PM

I still have many of the fragrances that I wore 15-20 years ago, but this is the only one that I wear today without worrying that I will smell "dated". It's a fresh clean light musk scent that's very pleasing to the nose. It's not overpowering at all, and it's a great buy. I have 2 bottles of the spray cologne plus a bottle of the musk oil and body spray. I will always have some of this on hand, provided that Bonne Bell still keeps on making it. I would be really bummed if it ever disappeared.

Popular Fragrances