September 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Skin So Soft Facial Hair Removal Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Jayyynall7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product worked it got most of the hair off but it hurt.... I had a burning sensation for almost a whole hour and then finally stopped hurting. It did leave red marks if this product doesn't work for you I would suggest olay facial hair removal duo it's $20 so it's more expensive but it's been my favorite hair removal product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by motoxmom52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

****This review is for the SENSITIVE SKIN version.*** Full package name... Avon Skin So Soft Fresh & Smooth Sensitive Skin Facial hair Removal cream.

I am editing my original review. This went on with little irritation and I thought I had finally found a gentle depilatory craem. It took hair off very well. It wasn't until more than 24hr later I noticed red, dry, scaly patches on my skin. Not in all the places put some. I work too hard to keep my skin in good condition to undo it with a depilatory cream. To add insult to injury, the hair (since it isn't removed from the root like tweezing or waxing) started to regrow on day 2.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I've ever tried ANY kind of hair remover. I usually just use razors, BUT of course I didn't want to use a razor for the few small hairs on my upper lip. i have extremely dark hair so they are nearly impossible to conceal. I tried this though and it was very easy to use, mess free, and quick. And it got the job done. And was a great price in the Avon catalog. My only complaint is that afterward there was a slight "tightness" to the skin above my upper lip and a very light tingly feeling that hurt a tiny bit. But I've been told and kind of hair removal besides shaving will have a slight burning afterwards. My skin is very sensitive anyway, but it didn't leave red patches or anything so...I will continue to use this. seems to be a good product!<3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Erinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two gripes: For me, the hair wasn't completely removed. Also, it broke me out. However, this was fairly gentle as I had no irritation while using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by frozen_rain

Loved this. I had no problems with sensitivity - and I generally have very sensitive skin.
I loved that, unlike waxing, it's painless. I also had no whiteheads after application (that I usually have with waxing).
This was also a lot less harsh than Nair, which I've tried. I left it on for about 5 minutes, wiped it off, washed gently, and I had no problems with irritation.
I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tammyjl

chemical burn the first time I used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by InvisibleFae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have fairly coarse, dark hair on my upper lip, and, until I found this product, I thought there was no good way to remove it (my skin is too sensitive for wax, and we all know the issues with shaving). I was afraid to try depilatory creams, having had a bad experience with Nair severely burning me once.

This had enough good reviews that I decided to go out on a limb and try it. I started out leaving it on for two and a half minutes as suggested; it did absolutely nothing. I kept gradually increasing the time the next couple nights (I waited 24 hours each time to avoid burning myself) and saw a noticeable difference at about four minutes. However, certain spots on my lip are more stubborn than others, and the hair doesn't come off of those until I leave it on for six or seven minutes. I'm guessing this is something you just have to experiment with. I always make sure to spread it on thickly and evenly.

There's a teensy bit of stubble in places, but it's not visible unless you look at it in a really high magnification mirror. It also makes my lip a bit red after use, so I only use it before bed (it's always better in the morning). My hair starts growing back quickly in some spots and not in others, so I have a habit of using this every three or four days. It's not exactly fun, but it's easily the most effective facial hair removal method I've found.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I haven't had any luck with facial hair removers like wax doesn't ever get much and other hair removers didn't remove much. This one I put on and left on for 2-4minutes and rubbed off with warm water and it got almost all the hair! It did sting alittle after but I put some of that lotion that comes with wax kits after and it was fine. I will be re-purchasing this! However, do not leave on too long or you can get a burn, my mom did!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an updated review. I used this remover successfully for months and loved it (removes coarse hair in 3 minutes, without any chemical smell). Then one day I got a slight chemical burn on my upper lip, even though I did nothing different. I stopped using this for a couple months but the next time I used it, I got another chemical burn. I don't even have sensitive skin! I don't know if others have experienced skin sensitivity from this stuff over time, but I will go back to waxing.