Derma E Firming DMAE Creme

3.7

Water Purified, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Stearic Acid, Thioctic (Alpha Lipoic) Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Caprylic/Capric Acid Triglyceride, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Stearate (a) PEG 100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E], Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Natural & Fragrant Oils

on 7/28/2015 11:52:00 AM

This is supposed to be a more natural product with less or no chemicals as opposed to other over the counter anti age creams. My experience with organic or natural products hasn't been too good in the past. I've tried aveeda and jason before and they were both blah brands. Any who, this was my first time trying this brand but it had good reviews onan and I've been reading about the benefits of vitamin c Ester and dmae, so I thought id trade in the over priced chemical filled over the counter retinol and alcohol based creams for this product. I'm 22 but I d want to prevent aging. So I still break out here and there and I truly believe that this product caused 2 of my blackheads and little bumps that appeared on my cheeks and chin. I haven't had any blackheads since I was 13, I kid you not. Nothing else iny skin care regimen changed but I was and am still sort of in denial. This is supposed to be a natural but good product afterall. I used of after my at home chemical peel and it didn't sting so that was good. I just can't use this every day because I swear its making me break out! It doesn't make any sense. I want to keep trying it but how the heck did I get blackheads? I exfoliate on the daily with 10% glycolic pads and use oil free makeup. On the nights when I do decide to use it, I wake up with at least 2 small blemishes. Reading other reviews making me suspect my suspicions on this are correct. Kinda bummed out, the ingredients are so good :( according to most dermatologists

on 7/13/2015 4:43:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this. I never break out except for an occasional zit on my chin, but after 4 days of using this cream, I have these little red bumps on my forehead and chin. It makes me look horrible. I just did a mini glycolic peek at home and am now sitting with a clay mask to draw out the impurities. My pores are SO congested. I have one of those extractors that are used when you get a facial and the stuff that comes out of my pores just keeps coming out. There's jojoba oil in this cream so maybe that's it. I have no idea but this cream ruined my skin.

on 5/21/2013 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I usually love Derma e products so I was happy to find this in the sale bin at Ulta. I'm really weird about trying new stuff on my face because its so sensitive and acne prone. I decided to try it on my neck first because I can use about any product there with no problems. Woke up in the middle of the night with my neck on fire. Red welts everywhere. It has taken a week for my neck to get back to normal. I'm afraid of this stuff! It went right into the garbage.

on 5/14/2013 1:06:00 AM

I have been using this for about a year now and see a huge difference in the overall age of my skin. Nothing that I can pin-point, like a specific wrinkle that is gone, or age spots etc; but I am 36 and people ask me if I am in college- and trust me - I don't just "look young" normally; I always battle with my skin! Everything makes me break out, or dries me out. I went into early menopause at 26 so my skin started aging and looking tired pretty quickly. I can't use things that have Glycerin in them, which is almost everything, and most anti-ager's are to harsh and drying; so I was really happy to find this.

on 4/24/2013 2:09:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. Although it did help tighten my skin, in a reference photo of my face following four weeks of use I actually saw lines that were formed in and around my chin from the skin being pulled too taught!

On the one hand, DERMA E DMAE, Alpha Lipoic Acid and C-Ester Retexturizing Creme seems to have helped make my skin tone become more even. On the other hand, I have developed a lot of Milia pearly flesh-white bumps that won't go away now! Based on my reading of how DMAE works on the skin I believe the DERMA E DMAE, Alpha Lipoc Acid and C-Ester Retexturizing Creme may be the chief culprit. It is also possible that the downsides of this product are amplified alongside other products that have an entirely different action on skin cell turnover rates. (Disclosure: Other products I use contain pycnogenol, aloa vera, vitamin E, coconut oil, hyaluronic acid, peptides, retinol and AHAs.) The result of the regimen I started for anti-aging some three months ago is that I appear far less tired. Dark circles, in particular, have faded considerably. Wrinkles are indeed diminished and age spots have faded for a more even and radiant skin tone. Sadly, these gains are offset by the fact that in looking too closely my facial skin is now peppered with small flesh-tone bumps, a condition I formerly did not suffer from.

Without getting too technical, DMAE would appear to be the chief suspect in the proliferation of Milia. I am making this educated guess because it plumps up the skin with more fluid, while bolstering some of the underlying collagen and muscle tone to reduce skin sagging. To achieve these impressive results, DMAE apparently slows the action of certain components of skin fibroblasts* therefore I suspect the Milia are an accumulation of fluid/sebum that are trapped by a breakdown in the cellular turnover process. For exfoliation purposes, I use Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (clay) or an AHA Masque (Freeman Pineapple) once a week. I also use an apricot scrub (Freeman) about once a month. Twice a week I use a 10% glycolic lotion. On the other nights of the week I use a Retinol "rescue" product (the latter products by Alpha Hydrox). To hold my mostly hormonal breakouts at bay I use Clean & Clear Continuous Control (benzyol peroxide) each morning and a 2% salicylic acid face wash at night (this pre-dates my anti-aging regimen by several years). None of this has prevented or eliminated the development of Milia.

To troubleshoot my skin care routine, I will eliminate various products in my anti-aging regimen to see if the Milia halt. First in line, is the Swanson Vitamins Pycnogenol Creme (the product with the coconut oil in it). If in cutting back on one or more of the products I typically use I learn that the Milia are eliminated even though I have continued to apply this DERMA E DMAE product, I will update my review accordingly.

CONCLUSION

For the first month of use I thought the Milia were a fluke and because of this I have continued to use the DERMA E creme. The Milia started out on my forehead but they are now running the length of my cheekbones, too. If that were not bad enough, I have also begun to suffer more breakouts of the more commonplace sort, too! So the long and the short of it is, yes DERMA E DMAE retexturizing creme does tighten and even out skin tone; however, skin cell turnover is intended to progress at a certain rate and if part of that process is interrupted with the result being a retention of water and sebum it can result in skin problems of another sort hardly a desirable form of "retexturizing" at all! That's the theory anyhow, and I'm sticking to it!

* DMAE and skin cell turnover: http://www.truthinaging.com/ingredient-spotlight/what-is-it-dmae-anti-ager-or-cell-killer

on 12/20/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this creme for only $10 at my local grocer, so to say at the very least it was extremely cheap. I use this as an am creme, as opposed to a pm creme (roseseed hip oil + evening primrose oil is my night creme). The first thing I noticed with this product is the smell...funky skunky odor! It takes a little bit for ithe odor to die down. Now...I've been using this for a little bit over a month and I'm here to say that this creme is just the loveliest thing on this earth! My skin tone is noticeably smoother, clearer, and just glowing. I've also noticed a decrease with any fine lines that I have. I put this on my neck, chest (which is really showing signs of aging), and the back of my hands and I've noticed that the skin in those areas has without a doubt has improved in tone. I can get over the skunky smell for the sake of bright, luminous skin! I love this product, absolutely love it. Kuddos to Derma E for making such a wonderful product that actually delivers results.

on 11/2/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

1. Not a pleasant smell. I tend to avoid using the product because the smell is so bad.

2. Have been using this product day and night for 5 days. A little goes a long way. It is a good moisturizing cream-- not too thick, not too light (for my oily skin)-- but I do not see any lifting or tightened effect that this product claims.

that's all. This cream was not impressive at all. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/21/2012 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Make sure that you do a patch test on this product before you try it on your whole face. The small insert states that this cream can not be tolerated by everyone. I happen to be one of the unlucky ones. I used it the first day and got some redness in certain spots and not much more. I used it again the second day and the redness got worse so I decided to stop. Well from day three to now (been 4 days since initial use) my face had a severe reaction. My chin is the worst. I have never had a problem with acne in my whole life but my chin is VERY red and it is covered with whiteheads, and the skin feels lumpy/bumpy in addition to the whiteheads. It has shown no signs yet of getting better. I have no idea how long this will take to go away. I will never use anything that contains these ingredients again. So be careful and do a patch test to avoid the possibility of this happening to you.

I really wanted this to work, but unfortunately it didn't moisturize well and the amoint of blackheads on my nose grew exponentially within 3 days. I will use it on my neck and cleavage but sadly I can't use it on my combination skin anymore. However, the texture is lovely and I can't say anything negative about the scent.

on 4/5/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I do see some improvement in my skin after using this. Seems like it's more brighter and more even out. Doesn't seem moisturizing enough for me though. I would love if it had SPF too.

Popular Treatments (Face)