October 1, 2014 | 1714 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ardell - LashTite Adhesive

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by puffybubblezz

So first I want to state that I've done lash extensions at the spa several times, and I have glued individual lashes on my eyes at home. The glue the spa uses and LashTite seem very similar to me.

CON: Whenever water gets into my eyes, it stings like hell no matter what glue is used. I think it's just one of the drawbacks of lash glue. Howver, I may try out another lash glue just to see if there is a pain-free one.

PRO: However, LashTite does NOT last as long as the professional one used at the spa. But, you don't want the glue to last too long, because simple wear and tear causes the lashes to sometimes be crooked and poke your eye. I often have to replace one lash every 1-3 days, but it takes about 2-3 weeks for the entire set to naturally fall out.

PRO: This is super cheap. I don't even care if I waste glue when I pour it out because I've done my lashes 10+ times and I'm not even close to being done with the bottle. With the price of lashes and glue, I probably spend <$2 doing a set of lashes.

CON: This stuff DOES NOT COME OFF, even with remover sometimes. And that remover sucks. Be prepared to look crazy and wait patiently if you are trying to naturally shed your fake lashes and let your eyes rest.

CON: DO NOT try to stick on lots of glue and think the lashes will stay on longer. The alcohol in the glue will just irritate your eyes like hell. Try to lightly dip the lashes in glue and apply right away.

So in conclusion, YES, I would buy again. Fake lashes are totally addictive and instantly make your eyes pop. (My tip: Stick the falsies on the underside of your real lashes. This hides the glue and makes it seem more natural) I buy Ardell individual lashes in bulk off Amazon.

If I haven't convinced you to try this, I just want to say... I haven't bought mascara in over a year! I don't even buy mascara anymore!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jessburr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

lets start off with; if you want red, painful puffy eyes, then by all means i say purchase this product! but out of all the lash glues i have tried (quite a few) this is by far the worst. Whilst the staying power of this glue is good (perhaps too good!), the extremely toxic smell, and terrible formula that will sting your eyes for hours is not worth it.

I received this glue in the individual lash starter pack, and when i first began to use it i found it alright! These were the first individual lashes i had used and i was surprised at how much these lashes stayed on. I dont understand why you would wear your lashes for more than one day anyway. I slept in mine overnight and woke up with them all crimped and crazy in the morning and had to remove them. On multiple occasions i also ended up with a tiny amount of glue in my eye when applying the individual lashes, and i had never felt so much pain and irritation in my eyes!

then came the day i attempted to use this glue with strip lashes. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. I REPEAT, DO NOT. I know that you arent supposed to use this with strip lashes, but i was out of glue and thought eh what the heck. The lashes started to peel off in the corners within the first hour. my eyes were being scratched, they stung like hell and i couldnt wait to get home and take them off; only when i did, they wouldnt come off! I tried everything, the lash glue remover that they provide you which only stung my eyes worse than the glue, baby oil, eye makeup remover, warm water, you name it! after then flushing my eyes out for 20 minutes, and the irritation fading away, i finally used a little more baby oil and the lashes came off, with about 10-20 of my natural ones!

all in all, the staying power is good. But the glue and the remover sting and irritate your eyes so bad i wouldn't say its worth using. there are a tonne of other better glues out there that keep your lashes on just as well, if not better, and don't smell like intense toxins.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a review for the adrell adhesive but rather a review for the ardell remover. Let me start off first by saying that false eyelashes are a great way to boost your confidence if you have short lashes like mine. There are two different kind of lashes which are strip lashes and individuals lashes (clusters, knots or knot free). To learn to do this yourself is a must considering that fact that it will save you money and time compared to going to a salon. By all means, if you are a person with the money that can afford salon lashes then good for you. I can afford salon lashes but I like to save money. So this is a great route for those of you in either situations. Okay, I applied individual eye lashes with DUO clear adhesive for individuals. I brought this adhesive for 6.99at sallys beauty supply. Price may vary depending the state you live in I'm not sure. But for me it was somewhere around that price. I liked my lashes but after a week I was ready to remove them. Since I am a newbie at applying and removing false individuals I looked to some advice from a lady that worked at sallys beauty supply on how to remove the false individuals. she told me to use olive oil to dissolve the glue and then carefully remove the falsies from my own lashes. I tried that. Didn't work , was a mess and my vision was cloudy. So I was thinking what the hell. So I did a little research on how to remove the individuals and came across lashfree. Ardrells lashfree. Let me tell you. I followed the instructions and did whatever it told me to do on the box. Place a tissue on bottom lash line and close eye dip eyeliner brush(I used a Q tip) then apply to lash line. I did all of that and......my individuals came out super easy it didn't burn at all. I will never ever ever ever use lashtite hell to the no no. My friend used that on me before and we could not even remove the individuals with the lashfree. Ardell have a great lash remover but the ardell lash adhesive is like concrete super glue. Try at your own risk.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by rapunzel29

I HATE THIS PRODUCT! I tried false eyelashes for the first time and I tried different amounts of this glue and some lashes fall right off while some you have to rip out 5 lashes at a time to take them off.THE REMOVER DOES NOT WORK. They hurt your eyes: whenever you try to sleep or wash the eyelashes or what not, it scratches and makes you tear up. I glued the individual eyelash on in the afternoon, I wasn't satisfied with the look but I decided to wait. In an hour, about 2-3 of them fell off when I tried them. The next morning I decided I had enough and decided to take the rest off. Each one took some of my own lashes with it. It took me an hour and a half to take the last about 4 off (which ripped out about 2-5 lashes each!) By the end, I was so frustrated I cried. Literally. End result: clumps of glue all over my natural lashes (or what's left of them anyways) that hurt to take off and gaps of missing eyelashes. Seeing false lashes in stores makes me sick now. Threw everything out. Memories made, lessons learned. Better off to live with short stumpy lashes then with this. Absolutely do not recommend to anyone.

Also I had the tiny bottle which was really hard to take the glue out so I had to dip the lashes in the bottle. Very inconvenient.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I bought a bottle of the clear LashTite adhesive, and used it on two occasions. The first time I used it, I was perfectly fine. The (individual) lashes looked great and lasted a long time.

However (and this is a BIG but), the second time I used it (again with individual lashes), I had a pretty scary reaction. BEWARE if any of this gets in your eye (which is a lot more likely with individual lashes)!!! It took me a few minutes to realize some had got in my eye. At first it was just red and it felt like there was an eyelash in my eye. I rinsed my eye out but it didn't help. Within 20 mins I had developed a large blister-like bump on my eyeball. I'm not exaggerating. After making a rushed trip to the doctor and waiting a good three hours, it was finally getting better. In the end, there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage done (I will be making sure with a doctor). It was however, rather traumatizing to say the least! I will never use individual lashes again, and will likely never use strip lashes again either!

EDIT: I contacted Ardell to inform them of my reaction to their product as that's something they should be made aware of. According to them, this product is for professionals only, and is for professional use. Don't use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I found this product when I used to have lash extensions put on professionally at a spa near my workplace. I think they charged about $60 per session (and then there's always the tip), so after being at the mercy of their pricing and their schedule, I decided to pay more attention & learn to do my own extensions. First, I will say, I watched the process first-person very intently for many sessions, and then researched it a ton on YouTube. Don't try to do your own extensions without some research. This is not something to do on a whim. You will end up looking ridiculous and/or tearing out many of your own lashes. This glue is meant for individual lashes, NEVER strip lashes, and if you do it right, YES, it can make your lashes last 3 weeks easily. I generally notice mine start to look nappy about 2 1/2 weeks in. I use the black, medium length knotted individual lashes made by Ardell (and other companies). I usually also have a package of short length individuals for the inner corners. Just like my tech at the salon, I pour a small amount of product out onto a piece of cardboard or plastic. Using a tweezer, I dip in the knot, and then apply them right at the base of my own lashes. You have several seconds before the glue is dry to manuever the lash if it doesn't look right. Get it positioned, and move on to the next. The glue will dry as you work, and when it does, that lash isn't going anywhere. DON'T use this glue unless you plan on being commited to wearing the lashes for a while. There are many other glues that work for shorter-term wear (Duo is my other favorite). This product can be challenging to remove, and the chance of losing your own lashes is greater. But for me, when I need glue that borders on invincible, this is what I go for. Doing your own lashes with individual extensions is the cheapest, prettiest beauty fix I can think of.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

If you are inexperienced, don't try this with individual false lash on your first try. practice individual false lash with regular strip false lash adhesive.(the one can be remove easily) this is semi-permanent glue, if you make mistake, it's there for a couple days. Watch the tutorial on its web page before your first try on this adhesive. I'm not very experienced in individual lash, I managed to put them on, but some of the last two days, some last longer due. I think I don't have enough glue on some of them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My experience was with the glue that came with the Ardell Lash Starter kit for individual lashes.
I was a noob to false eyelashes and explained my apprehension and inexperience to the SA at my Ulta. She strongly recommended the individual lashes since I was a beginner. Another customer tried to warn me about the glue, saying that it was hard to remove. I got the product anyway and ended up regretted it later. After a tedious and harrowing attempt to apply the lashes, I ended up with two of them, one on each eye. Fortunately, I was able to pull the others off before the glue dried; I wanted them off because I couldn't get them to sit properly, and they kept turning in all directions (and just looked weird and creepy). These two remaining lashes were stubborn, so I tried eye-makeup remover but soon realized the glue had already dried and these puppies were staying put. At this point I decided as a last resort to use the Adhesive Remover that came in the kit. In a stroke of luck,I did some research before doing that and decided not to after reading reviews rife with horror stories about burning eyes and lost eyelashes. Needless to say, I wore glasses for the next few days in an attempt to hide the awkward lashes dangling from my eyes. Finally, they did come off after days of trying to loosen them with regular eye makeup remover.
Maybe I'm just a spaz, since other people were happy with the stay-put results. And I guess stubborn glue is better than false eyelashes that fall off during a date, so it goes along with the territory of individual lashes. Apparently a stronger glue is needed to keep them on, probably because unlike strip lashes, they can easily slip off between individual natural lashes. Still, how the S.A. thought that kit would be good for a beginner is beyond me. The package didn't have extensive instructions. I bought a regular sized tube along with the kit (which I never opened), and there was no mention of the need to use an adhesive remover! It should at least explain that these will stay on for days and that only a harsh solvent will take off the glue.

The Ardell individual lashes have some great reviews, and so I hate to diss them so, but I just have to warn anyone who is inexperienced; you may have no problems (maybe you're more coordinated than I am), but it's good to be informed of the risks and possible pitfalls beforehand. I recommend having someone help you, someone who has experience. Also, give them a trial run at a time when you DON"T have an important event coming up, since they won't come off with regular measures, and the remover can cause lashes to fall off and/or irritated, swollen eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by la1a1a1aura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently started putting fake eyelashes on this was the glue I found at Sallys for a good price, it's only around $5 and it will last for a couple applications so thats a huge plus! It takes a while to finally get the hang of properly applying the individual eyelashes but if you do it right the glue should not touch your eye and it will not burn. Ive accidently dropped an eyelash with glue on it on my eye but it didnt burn much and the bit of pain went away within a minute. Im not sure how long it really last since I reapply glue to falling eyelashes but it will surely last at least a week. I gave it a rating of 4 because I hate the little bottle it comes in. You really need to pay attention to how much is coming out because sometimes to much will and it'll be a waste of glue because it does dry fairly quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Snookoms

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi, this is the first review i have ever written, why i decided to write one is because there seems to be quite a bit of people who complain about this glue. Because i have used this product a few times before and have had no trouble taking them off which i will explain how to do so later. Now before i purchased this product i did a few research about it and after using it this is what i can tell you, this eyelash glue is a semi permanent glue meaning that this glue SHOULD not be used if you are just wanting to wear your lashes for just a day or night as this glue could last up to anywhere between 3-14days or sometimes even longer and should not be removed just by trying to pull it with just your fingers because if you do that you will pull of your natural lashes too. This eyelash glue is similar to the glue used at salons for eyelash extensions. I do not reccomend that you use this product to apply on strip lashes as this will definately ruin your natural lashes. Now, i see a lot of woman complaining about thier real lashes coming off with the fake lashes too, so try not to use too much glue on each clusters as the more you put on the harder it is to get off. This is how i remove my fake lashes when using the ardell lashtite, i have a glue remover gel that is used to remove eyelash extentions, im sure you can find it on ebay or in my case trademe and i apply it to a micro fiber brush or if you can't get a hold of those im sure cotton buds (also known as cue tip) works just as well, and then gently rub the lashes with the bud making sure you get both the top and bottom of the lashes, this will help soften the glue and you will start to see the glue coming off. Keep doing it until the fake lashes comes off. This whole process should only take about 5 mins on each side and its best to focus on one cluster at a time. Using a cotton pad could make this process a bit harder as you will need to get underneath the top lashes too. I do not believe that olive oil or any other sort of oil will help as this glue is super duper strong. Last of all, if you keep using this product long term it will eventually weaken your real lashes, i reccomend giving your lashes atleast 2 weeks break every month or two so that your real lashes can breath and have some time to repair itself. So i hope this help answer your questions.

P.s do not put the lashes on your eyelid, it needs to go on top of your natural lashes but as close to the lashline as possible or else the lashes will just fall of in a few days.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No