Ardell LashTite Adhesive

3.0

on 6/26/2015 5:37:00 PM

Awful! I should have read the reviews here first. Got this for singles (not clusters). Basically I wanted just a few to make my eyes pop, Ike maybe 5 on each eye. I put them on and most of them came out after just a few hours, or the next time I washed my face. And the worst part was that they came out WITH the lash I had attached them to. So basically my own lashes came out AFTER A FEW HOURS. Horrible! I'm wondering if the people who got the lashes to stay basically had so many that the adhesive made them stay together. But I felt like something in it made my own lash fall off. I don't rub my eyes or anything. Will not buy this again!

on 6/6/2015 2:23:00 AM

I had the absolute worst experience I have ever had with false eyelashes when I used this product. I ran out of the glue that I had been using which I had bought from Sephora (which by the way is amazing.) That was the only glue I had ever used on my eyelashes and I never had a problem with it so I wasn't really worried when I just picked up some eyelash adhesive from Target, because I never had a bad experience. I used this glue and immediately did not like it at all. It smells horrible, dries very noticeably and hard to the point that it is irritating to the eye, and it burns like crazy if it gets anywhere near my eye. Since it was burning so much when I was putting them on, I kept blinking and messing them up so it took a crazy amount of time to finish them. The other problem was removing them - I did not read the packaging, which says to buy another product to remove the glue! So, at midnight when I decided to remove my makeup I began trying to take them off and they would not come off at all without ripping out my natural lashes. I could have just left them on and let them fall away naturally, but a few had come off and I was not prepared to look that ridiculous with patchy eyelashes for the next few days so I went for it. By the time I got all of the glue off, at least 80% of my eyelashes were gone and my eyes were still burning from the adhesive. I will never buy this product again, or anything that Ardell makes. My eyelids still feel sore and I am very unhappy with the entire experience. Honestly this is the worst experience I have ever had with any makeup product, I absolutely do not recommend trying it.

on 5/2/2015 3:52:00 AM

NEVER EVER BUY THIS, YOU GO INTO BUYING THIS BECAUSE YOU WANT THICKER FULLER LASHES THAT LAST LONGER AND LOOK NATURAL BUT YOU COME OUT OF IT WITH HARDLY ANY LASHES LEFT BECAUSE THE GLUE IM PRETTY SURE HAS SUPER GLUE IN IT AND THE REMOVER DOES NOT WORK. DONT TRUST ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PRODUC, I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN ONE OFF BECAUSE ITS ATTACHED AND GOING TO PULL OUT SO MANY EYELASHES. IF I HAD THE PATIENCE OR TIME I WOULD SURE THIS COMPANY FOR A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE MISERY, THEY MAY LOOK GOOD FOR A FEW DAYS BUT ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT BUT THIS PRODUCT I DO NOT WANT TO ENCOURAGE THE COMPANY TO MAKE IT.

on 12/31/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Keep in mind I'm new to false eyelashes.

Bought it on accident. I meant to buy the one for strip lashes, not this one for individual lashes, but before throwing it away I tried to make the best with it and it turns out its flaws are consistent with previous reviews.

I tried to improvise using a q-tip to apply it onto my E.L.F. false eyelashes & applied a thin, even layer of product across the band & let it sit for some time (maybe I should've waited more).

I applied it as best as I could with amateur skills because I'm still practicing, and immediately after opening my eye the fumes burned! I learned that with this product it's best to keep your eyelid shut for <1 min.

No problem or pain removing the lashes. I'll mention that this product has good grip for eyelashes.

The next day (today, Dec 30, 2014) I wanted to continue practicing applying false eyelashes with this product but noticed upon removal of a poor attempt that it left glue residue all around my eye! It wasn't easy to brush them off either.

Will not rebuy! The fumes hurt & listen to the previous reviews!

EDIT: Now with more falsie experience, I realize that this is for individual lashes -__- I do not use this anymore for my falsies. I use Ardell lash glue.

on 10/31/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This irritated my eyes so badly I had to pull the lashes off after an hour of burning, itching, and my eyes watering like crazy. While applying them they began to burn with the glue but stopped after they dried. I figured okay, it must be the alcohol in it. Nope, after about 20 minutes they began itching like crazy, burning, watering, and felt like crap.

After I removed the lashes they felt better instantly, BUT the glue will not come off completely. It's been hours and it still is stuck to my hairs in my real lashes. I have used remover, coconut oil, and soap. Nothing is working.

If I ever try false lashes again I will try another glue.

So first I want to state that I've done lash extensions at the spa several times, and I have glued individual lashes on my eyes at home. The glue the spa uses and LashTite seem very similar to me.

CON: Whenever water gets into my eyes, it stings like hell no matter what glue is used. I think it's just one of the drawbacks of lash glue. Howver, I may try out another lash glue just to see if there is a pain-free one.

PRO: However, LashTite does NOT last as long as the professional one used at the spa. But, you don't want the glue to last too long, because simple wear and tear causes the lashes to sometimes be crooked and poke your eye. I often have to replace one lash every 1-3 days, but it takes about 2-3 weeks for the entire set to naturally fall out.

PRO: This is super cheap. I don't even care if I waste glue when I pour it out because I've done my lashes 10+ times and I'm not even close to being done with the bottle. With the price of lashes and glue, I probably spend <$2 doing a set of lashes.

CON: This stuff DOES NOT COME OFF, even with remover sometimes. And that remover sucks. Be prepared to look crazy and wait patiently if you are trying to naturally shed your fake lashes and let your eyes rest.

CON: DO NOT try to stick on lots of glue and think the lashes will stay on longer. The alcohol in the glue will just irritate your eyes like hell. Try to lightly dip the lashes in glue and apply right away.

So in conclusion, YES, I would buy again. Fake lashes are totally addictive and instantly make your eyes pop. (My tip: Stick the falsies on the underside of your real lashes. This hides the glue and makes it seem more natural) I buy Ardell individual lashes in bulk off Amazon.

If I haven't convinced you to try this, I just want to say... I haven't bought mascara in over a year! I don't even buy mascara anymore!

on 8/25/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

lets start off with; if you want red, painful puffy eyes, then by all means i say purchase this product! but out of all the lash glues i have tried (quite a few) this is by far the worst. Whilst the staying power of this glue is good (perhaps too good!), the extremely toxic smell, and terrible formula that will sting your eyes for hours is not worth it.

I received this glue in the individual lash starter pack, and when i first began to use it i found it alright! These were the first individual lashes i had used and i was surprised at how much these lashes stayed on. I dont understand why you would wear your lashes for more than one day anyway. I slept in mine overnight and woke up with them all crimped and crazy in the morning and had to remove them. On multiple occasions i also ended up with a tiny amount of glue in my eye when applying the individual lashes, and i had never felt so much pain and irritation in my eyes!

then came the day i attempted to use this glue with strip lashes. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. I REPEAT, DO NOT. I know that you arent supposed to use this with strip lashes, but i was out of glue and thought eh what the heck. The lashes started to peel off in the corners within the first hour. my eyes were being scratched, they stung like hell and i couldnt wait to get home and take them off; only when i did, they wouldnt come off! I tried everything, the lash glue remover that they provide you which only stung my eyes worse than the glue, baby oil, eye makeup remover, warm water, you name it! after then flushing my eyes out for 20 minutes, and the irritation fading away, i finally used a little more baby oil and the lashes came off, with about 10-20 of my natural ones!

all in all, the staying power is good. But the glue and the remover sting and irritate your eyes so bad i wouldn't say its worth using. there are a tonne of other better glues out there that keep your lashes on just as well, if not better, and don't smell like intense toxins.

on 8/24/2014 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is not a review for the adrell adhesive but rather a review for the ardell remover. Let me start off first by saying that false eyelashes are a great way to boost your confidence if you have short lashes like mine. There are two different kind of lashes which are strip lashes and individuals lashes (clusters, knots or knot free). To learn to do this yourself is a must considering that fact that it will save you money and time compared to going to a salon. By all means, if you are a person with the money that can afford salon lashes then good for you. I can afford salon lashes but I like to save money. So this is a great route for those of you in either situations. Okay, I applied individual eye lashes with DUO clear adhesive for individuals. I brought this adhesive for 6.99at sallys beauty supply. Price may vary depending the state you live in I'm not sure. But for me it was somewhere around that price. I liked my lashes but after a week I was ready to remove them. Since I am a newbie at applying and removing false individuals I looked to some advice from a lady that worked at sallys beauty supply on how to remove the false individuals. she told me to use olive oil to dissolve the glue and then carefully remove the falsies from my own lashes. I tried that. Didn't work , was a mess and my vision was cloudy. So I was thinking what the hell. So I did a little research on how to remove the individuals and came across lashfree. Ardrells lashfree. Let me tell you. I followed the instructions and did whatever it told me to do on the box. Place a tissue on bottom lash line and close eye dip eyeliner brush(I used a Q tip) then apply to lash line. I did all of that and......my individuals came out super easy it didn't burn at all. I will never ever ever ever use lashtite hell to the no no. My friend used that on me before and we could not even remove the individuals with the lashfree. Ardell have a great lash remover but the ardell lash adhesive is like concrete super glue. Try at your own risk.

on 4/18/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I HATE THIS PRODUCT! I tried false eyelashes for the first time and I tried different amounts of this glue and some lashes fall right off while some you have to rip out 5 lashes at a time to take them off.THE REMOVER DOES NOT WORK. They hurt your eyes: whenever you try to sleep or wash the eyelashes or what not, it scratches and makes you tear up. I glued the individual eyelash on in the afternoon, I wasn't satisfied with the look but I decided to wait. In an hour, about 2-3 of them fell off when I tried them. The next morning I decided I had enough and decided to take the rest off. Each one took some of my own lashes with it. It took me an hour and a half to take the last about 4 off (which ripped out about 2-5 lashes each!) By the end, I was so frustrated I cried. Literally. End result: clumps of glue all over my natural lashes (or what's left of them anyways) that hurt to take off and gaps of missing eyelashes. Seeing false lashes in stores makes me sick now. Threw everything out. Memories made, lessons learned. Better off to live with short stumpy lashes then with this. Absolutely do not recommend to anyone.

Also I had the tiny bottle which was really hard to take the glue out so I had to dip the lashes in the bottle. Very inconvenient.

I bought a bottle of the clear LashTite adhesive, and used it on two occasions. The first time I used it, I was perfectly fine. The (individual) lashes looked great and lasted a long time.

However (and this is a BIG but), the second time I used it (again with individual lashes), I had a pretty scary reaction. BEWARE if any of this gets in your eye (which is a lot more likely with individual lashes)!!! It took me a few minutes to realize some had got in my eye. At first it was just red and it felt like there was an eyelash in my eye. I rinsed my eye out but it didn't help. Within 20 mins I had developed a large blister-like bump on my eyeball. I'm not exaggerating. After making a rushed trip to the doctor and waiting a good three hours, it was finally getting better. In the end, there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage done (I will be making sure with a doctor). It was however, rather traumatizing to say the least! I will never use individual lashes again, and will likely never use strip lashes again either!

EDIT: I contacted Ardell to inform them of my reaction to their product as that's something they should be made aware of. According to them, this product is for professionals only, and is for professional use. Don't use it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools