August 20, 2014 | 2124 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ardell - LashTite Adhesive

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by rapunzel29

I HATE THIS PRODUCT! I tried false eyelashes for the first time and I tried different amounts of this glue and some lashes fall right off while some you have to rip out 5 lashes at a time to take them off.THE REMOVER DOES NOT WORK. They hurt your eyes: whenever you try to sleep or wash the eyelashes or what not, it scratches and makes you tear up. I glued the individual eyelash on in the afternoon, I wasn't satisfied with the look but I decided to wait. In an hour, about 2-3 of them fell off when I tried them. The next morning I decided I had enough and decided to take the rest off. Each one took some of my own lashes with it. It took me an hour and a half to take the last about 4 off (which ripped out about 2-5 lashes each!) By the end, I was so frustrated I cried. Literally. End result: clumps of glue all over my natural lashes (or what's left of them anyways) that hurt to take off and gaps of missing eyelashes. Seeing false lashes in stores makes me sick now. Threw everything out. Memories made, lessons learned. Better off to live with short stumpy lashes then with this. Absolutely do not recommend to anyone.

Also I had the tiny bottle which was really hard to take the glue out so I had to dip the lashes in the bottle. Very inconvenient.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I bought a bottle of the clear LashTite adhesive, and used it on two occasions. The first time I used it, I was perfectly fine. The (individual) lashes looked great and lasted a long time.

However (and this is a BIG but), the second time I used it (again with individual lashes), I had a pretty scary reaction. BEWARE if any of this gets in your eye (which is a lot more likely with individual lashes)!!! It took me a few minutes to realize some had got in my eye. At first it was just red and it felt like there was an eyelash in my eye. I rinsed my eye out but it didn't help. Within 20 mins I had developed a large blister-like bump on my eyeball. I'm not exaggerating. After making a rushed trip to the doctor and waiting a good three hours, it was finally getting better. In the end, there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage done (I will be making sure with a doctor). It was however, rather traumatizing to say the least! I will never use individual lashes again, and will likely never use strip lashes again either!

EDIT: I contacted Ardell to inform them of my reaction to their product as that's something they should be made aware of. According to them, this product is for professionals only, and is for professional use. Don't use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I found this product when I used to have lash extensions put on professionally at a spa near my workplace. I think they charged about $60 per session (and then there's always the tip), so after being at the mercy of their pricing and their schedule, I decided to pay more attention & learn to do my own extensions. First, I will say, I watched the process first-person very intently for many sessions, and then researched it a ton on YouTube. Don't try to do your own extensions without some research. This is not something to do on a whim. You will end up looking ridiculous and/or tearing out many of your own lashes. This glue is meant for individual lashes, NEVER strip lashes, and if you do it right, YES, it can make your lashes last 3 weeks easily. I generally notice mine start to look nappy about 2 1/2 weeks in. I use the black, medium length knotted individual lashes made by Ardell (and other companies). I usually also have a package of short length individuals for the inner corners. Just like my tech at the salon, I pour a small amount of product out onto a piece of cardboard or plastic. Using a tweezer, I dip in the knot, and then apply them right at the base of my own lashes. You have several seconds before the glue is dry to manuever the lash if it doesn't look right. Get it positioned, and move on to the next. The glue will dry as you work, and when it does, that lash isn't going anywhere. DON'T use this glue unless you plan on being commited to wearing the lashes for a while. There are many other glues that work for shorter-term wear (Duo is my other favorite). This product can be challenging to remove, and the chance of losing your own lashes is greater. But for me, when I need glue that borders on invincible, this is what I go for. Doing your own lashes with individual extensions is the cheapest, prettiest beauty fix I can think of.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

If you are inexperienced, don't try this with individual false lash on your first try. practice individual false lash with regular strip false lash adhesive.(the one can be remove easily) this is semi-permanent glue, if you make mistake, it's there for a couple days. Watch the tutorial on its web page before your first try on this adhesive. I'm not very experienced in individual lash, I managed to put them on, but some of the last two days, some last longer due. I think I don't have enough glue on some of them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My experience was with the glue that came with the Ardell Lash Starter kit for individual lashes.
I was a noob to false eyelashes and explained my apprehension and inexperience to the SA at my Ulta. She strongly recommended the individual lashes since I was a beginner. Another customer tried to warn me about the glue, saying that it was hard to remove. I got the product anyway and ended up regretted it later. After a tedious and harrowing attempt to apply the lashes, I ended up with two of them, one on each eye. Fortunately, I was able to pull the others off before the glue dried; I wanted them off because I couldn't get them to sit properly, and they kept turning in all directions (and just looked weird and creepy). These two remaining lashes were stubborn, so I tried eye-makeup remover but soon realized the glue had already dried and these puppies were staying put. At this point I decided as a last resort to use the Adhesive Remover that came in the kit. In a stroke of luck,I did some research before doing that and decided not to after reading reviews rife with horror stories about burning eyes and lost eyelashes. Needless to say, I wore glasses for the next few days in an attempt to hide the awkward lashes dangling from my eyes. Finally, they did come off after days of trying to loosen them with regular eye makeup remover.
Maybe I'm just a spaz, since other people were happy with the stay-put results. And I guess stubborn glue is better than false eyelashes that fall off during a date, so it goes along with the territory of individual lashes. Apparently a stronger glue is needed to keep them on, probably because unlike strip lashes, they can easily slip off between individual natural lashes. Still, how the S.A. thought that kit would be good for a beginner is beyond me. The package didn't have extensive instructions. I bought a regular sized tube along with the kit (which I never opened), and there was no mention of the need to use an adhesive remover! It should at least explain that these will stay on for days and that only a harsh solvent will take off the glue.

The Ardell individual lashes have some great reviews, and so I hate to diss them so, but I just have to warn anyone who is inexperienced; you may have no problems (maybe you're more coordinated than I am), but it's good to be informed of the risks and possible pitfalls beforehand. I recommend having someone help you, someone who has experience. Also, give them a trial run at a time when you DON"T have an important event coming up, since they won't come off with regular measures, and the remover can cause lashes to fall off and/or irritated, swollen eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by la1a1a1aura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently started putting fake eyelashes on this was the glue I found at Sallys for a good price, it's only around $5 and it will last for a couple applications so thats a huge plus! It takes a while to finally get the hang of properly applying the individual eyelashes but if you do it right the glue should not touch your eye and it will not burn. Ive accidently dropped an eyelash with glue on it on my eye but it didnt burn much and the bit of pain went away within a minute. Im not sure how long it really last since I reapply glue to falling eyelashes but it will surely last at least a week. I gave it a rating of 4 because I hate the little bottle it comes in. You really need to pay attention to how much is coming out because sometimes to much will and it'll be a waste of glue because it does dry fairly quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Snookoms

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi, this is the first review i have ever written, why i decided to write one is because there seems to be quite a bit of people who complain about this glue. Because i have used this product a few times before and have had no trouble taking them off which i will explain how to do so later. Now before i purchased this product i did a few research about it and after using it this is what i can tell you, this eyelash glue is a semi permanent glue meaning that this glue SHOULD not be used if you are just wanting to wear your lashes for just a day or night as this glue could last up to anywhere between 3-14days or sometimes even longer and should not be removed just by trying to pull it with just your fingers because if you do that you will pull of your natural lashes too. This eyelash glue is similar to the glue used at salons for eyelash extensions. I do not reccomend that you use this product to apply on strip lashes as this will definately ruin your natural lashes. Now, i see a lot of woman complaining about thier real lashes coming off with the fake lashes too, so try not to use too much glue on each clusters as the more you put on the harder it is to get off. This is how i remove my fake lashes when using the ardell lashtite, i have a glue remover gel that is used to remove eyelash extentions, im sure you can find it on ebay or in my case trademe and i apply it to a micro fiber brush or if you can't get a hold of those im sure cotton buds (also known as cue tip) works just as well, and then gently rub the lashes with the bud making sure you get both the top and bottom of the lashes, this will help soften the glue and you will start to see the glue coming off. Keep doing it until the fake lashes comes off. This whole process should only take about 5 mins on each side and its best to focus on one cluster at a time. Using a cotton pad could make this process a bit harder as you will need to get underneath the top lashes too. I do not believe that olive oil or any other sort of oil will help as this glue is super duper strong. Last of all, if you keep using this product long term it will eventually weaken your real lashes, i reccomend giving your lashes atleast 2 weeks break every month or two so that your real lashes can breath and have some time to repair itself. So i hope this help answer your questions.

P.s do not put the lashes on your eyelid, it needs to go on top of your natural lashes but as close to the lashline as possible or else the lashes will just fall of in a few days.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by KMorgado

If you value your natural lashes..DO NOT BUY THIS. No adhesive remover works and no oil (olive, baby, etc) gets the lashes off no matter how long you soak. The ardell adhesive removers burns terribly, anyway. Yes, it looks natural. Yes, they're secure but my eyes were left red, swollen, and I lost 20+ lashes when I tried to take the lashes off. The people that are saying that their lashes came off in a day or 2 are not applying them correctly. After the adhesive partially dries, your supposed to gently press the lashes down against your natural lashes to make them adhere. If you dont, theyre just stuck to your eyelid so of course theyre going to fall off. I cant wait for my lashes to grow back. Im sorry, lashes..:-(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by petaljuice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bascally i had decided to try lash extensions myself and i heard that the Ardell glue was the best to try from watching youtube vids. When i used it at first of cource i didnt know what to expect as id never done it before but the glue does seem to take some time to dry on your eyelids ,so if you knock one of the eyelashes by accident when applyign the others it will probably just fall off. I had mine on for a day or two and then they all started to fall off.... I then reapplyed them again (a new set) ,and the next morning half of them had gone, it was soo frustrating because the glue is supposed to stay for about 3 weeks. I wouldnt bother buying this again because it is just a waste of time . I have decided to try a much stronger glue this time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lolaborro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but when I use this adhesive lashes only last me for a couple of days. I have never used any other permanent adhesives so I can't really compare with anything else.

I didn't have any problems taking it off. I bought the de-bonder but didn't get to use it because they came off easily by using olive oil.

I think I'm going to try an eyelash conditioner or Lattisse because this is such a waste of time.