Suave Waterfall Mist Shampoo

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Ammonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, PPG-9, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Mentha Aquatica Leaf Extract, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200).

I've been using the apple shampoo but picked this up on a whim at Walgreens while shopping for cold medication. The fragrance is the first thing I like. Next is the fresh, bubbly lather, and last, the way it cleans. IMO, it cleans just as well as the clarifying shampoo but smells nicer. My hair doesn't feel weighed down or oily, it rinses clean, and it makes my bathroom fragrant too. Shampoo doesn't have to cost a fortune. It just has to clean. This definitely works, although I need a conditioner afterward.
I recommend for all hair types but if you have particularly dry hair, definitely keep a conditioner on-hand. I use Suave's apple detangler, which is also cheap but effective. :)

on 9/24/2014 7:14:00 AM

This is an "el cheapo" shampoo that I keep coming back to for regular use. It just cleans so well and does not leave any annoying oil or silicone residue behind that most higher end shampoos do. It can strip hair if you use too much but "too much" in my case is a lot (like 2-3 passes, or a large handful). The "waterfall" scent isn't my favorite (prefer the harder to find coconut) but it doesn't linger at all post-shower.

on 1/31/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I usually stick with Pantene or Herbal Essence but for some reason I decided to try this one from Suave. The deciding factor for purchasing was the scent - it's really fresh and clean. It lathers nicely and rinses easily. My hair feels soft and clean after using it. And for the price, you just can't beat it. I think I paid 88 cents at Walmart. I will definitely purchase this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This shampoo is great! I know it is a clarifying shampoo but I do use this daily, this is because I feel as if it isn't a true clarifying shampoo. What I mean by that is it cleans well, but if you have an oily scalp like myself, you'd have to use this everyday. I'm honestly pretty snotty when it comes to hair products; I'm more familiar with Paul Mitchell and Bedhead products then Suave and Pantene. Well about 2 weeks ago I ran out of my trusty Paul Mitchell Super Strong shampoo (I use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner, love!) and I had this in the storage closet, so I gave it a try. (Me thinking it would be a one time use until I got a chance to go and repurchase.) And like I said, it cleans my oily roots, leaves a very faint scent, even though in the bottle it still smells fresh. My only problem is I do tend to heat style my hair a lot and I'm growing out my hair so this doesn't seem to help any damage from the heat or breakage. The price is almost $20 less then PM's so, I'd repurchase.

on 2/1/2012 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i was intrigued by the blue color and tranquilizing waterfall with the watermint and vit E instead-i feel like i'm using plain bar of soap or laundry detergent when using this shampoo-itgives me a false pretence that my hair is 'cleaned' but the next morning-yuck... not clarifying. i used redken for a long time-and i think i'll stick to redkenshampoo is suppose to feel luxurious lather is suppose to feel smooth, and creamy-not dry

on 6/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells great, works great, love it. Not as harsh as a lot of other shampoos I have tried, and only 84 cents, so I will definitely purchase again. =)

on 11/17/2008 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like the scent of this and how well it cleans my hair without stripping it. The blue color looks great in my bathroom too. My hair perked up a bit. It's super-cheap and a little goes a long way. A good shampoo to rotate with.

on 4/8/2008 10:16:00 PM

This is, IMHO, the best Suave shampoo. I used to think that all Suave shampoo was the same formula but obviously it's not. This stuff smells awesome! It smells like everything clean; a fresh snowflake, cool water in a lagoon, raindrops. It lathers like no other shampoo I've ever used before and rinses clean. Used with the matching conditioner hair turns out soft and supple. I think this is my HG shampoo.

on 3/29/2008 11:34:00 AM

I was looking for a clarifying shampoo with a mild scent to go with the Agree 3 minute conditioner that I found, and decided to try this one. Though I'm not too picky about shampoo as long as it makes my hair look good, Suave usually doesn't work wonders for me. Since I didn't want anything too moisturizing since I was using it with a heavier conditioner, I figured this would do. The smell is okay, fresh & mild. It worked okay paired with the Agree conditioner. It was only 94 cents at Wal-Mart. Overall I don't find Suave to be as great as some of the reviewers here do, but maybe it's just my hair (fine,tends to get dry). Overall it was just average for me.

on 7/12/2007 3:42:00 PM

Love the smell. Love the way it makes my hair feel. Matching conditioner works well too. The blue color may throw you off but it works. I have thick, long hair and it cleansed it well. It did not dry out my hair...and I let it air dry which tends to bring out the tangles of dry hair as you aren't blowdrying your way to smoothness and it was fine. Good buy.