Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

I noticed my skin needs a declogger so I tried this and my skin has been clear every since using this in combination of Up & Up's Acne Face wash. Life saver!

PROS: alcohol free
keeps my skin clear
doesn't dry out my skin terribly
cheap

CONS:
has menthol so it could bother some

I just went through my first tub of these, and it's been about a week and I still haven't repurchased them. Big mistake! So many whiteheads and blackheads have appeared on my face since I stopped using these. I almost forgot how many pimples I would normally get before I started using these, they work so well for my skin. I'm sure any salicylic acid toner would work, but these are so convenient and reasonably priced. They sting a little, but my skin isn't super sensitive. Love them, I've learned my lesson and will never be without them.

I have been using these on and off to be honest. But while a lot of things have changed in my skin care routine this is the only exfoliant that has been consistently in it. Ever since I started using it my friends have commented on how clear my skin looks on separate occasions. So this has kept my pimples at bay, and faded my scars a bit. But it hasn't gotten rid of the flakiness in my face. I can specially tell when I'm wearing powder foundation. So while I'll keep this as a staple while I find something that works even better.

Irratated my skin

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have struggled with acne, particularly that tiny "under-the-skin" looking acne, for many years and have never been able to find anything that improved my skin. after hearing about stridex, i read so many success stories and rave reviews that i was expecting some kind of miracle product that would clear my skin up for good. i purged for a few weeks while using stridex once a day, and then my face seemed to settle down a bit. it was no miracle recovery like i'd read about, but my skin DID look better. using stridex has had virtually no effect on the stubborn under-the-skin acne that i thought would be helped by BHA, but it has definitely helped me manage surface breakouts. my breakouts don't look as bad, and they heal faster. after a couple months i started using stridex in conjunction with an AHA, and that has helped as well, but there is still little improvement underneath my skin.

this product is pretty cheap, and the little swipes are so saturated with product that you could double how long it lasts by cutting each swipe in half--half a swipe is plenty for your whole face. it makes my skin feel super dry after applying but i try to let it sit for at least 20 minutes before moisturizing. at like $3.50 a box, i'd say it's definitely worth it to try this stuff if you have problem skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for facial wipes that would give me that clean feeling and help me with a few flesh colored bumps on my forehead that are seemingly impossible to keep away. These wipes have helped all around. I like that they are alcohol free as well. I've never had any redness or irritation using these. I already have dry skin and these definitely make my skin drier, but I just follow up with a moisturizer and that takes care of that issue. They're great to have on hand and I'll purchase again when I need to.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This has been working good for my 13yr old son. He has a ton of blackheads, no actual pimples. Large and very deep blackheads. Regular acne cleasers with salicylic acid were not helping at all and his normally dry skin was starting to get a little shiny.
I bought him these pads paired with Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub. Together they have really helped clear his clogged pores. His whole nose was covered some on his cheeks and forehead too.
Now, a month later, there are about 3 left on his nose and the ones on his cheeks and forehead have really cleared up a lot.

I have been using these everyday for years and years. I use the original kind, not the one for sensitive skin. I found the sensitive skin one to not be as effective in ridding oil. I have moderately oily skin, sometimes overly oily. The face pads got rid of the oil, and prevented my skin from getting oily throughout the day. They did not make me break out. I do still get the occasional pimple, but this drys them out, and makes them go away quicker. They even dried up a severe rash, when no other product or rash cream would work. They don't really dry out my skin. But they are meant to dry your skin out a little so it can erase oil. So if you have oily skin it will help. It worked well at cleansing my skin of dirt and debris. The smell is not overwhelming. But if you get it too close to your mouth it will give you a bad taste. The price is very affordable for the amount of pads you get. I use them everyday, and they last me a few months.

I have repurchased these pads multiple times. However to be clear, these did not work for my face. Very irritating for me (stinging, itchiness, redness) However I have used these to keep my feet and elbows smooth as well as on my underarms when dealing with ingrown hairs. Occasionally I have applied them to breakouts on my back and chest.They do come in handy and the supply seemed to last quite a long time. Also side note, it seems there has always been a coupon on the box to cut off and the expiration date is enough in advance so I know by the time I need another box it will still be of use.
Updated 6/2015
I have found for me the ideal way to use these on my face is to apply generously, then only leave on for 5-10 minutes. I follow by rinsing off with water. I seem to get the benefits without the irritation, hope that helps someone!
9/2015- Even better results when applied to damp skin.

For reference, my skin: I was on accutane several years ago for persistent cystic acne on my cheeks and extremely oily skin. Now, it is oily, although less so, and I am very prone to clogged pores.

This works amazingly for me. I use it at night after washing, wait 20 min, then apply moisturizer. My pores have been far less congested, my skin overall appears smoother and brighter. I have had no irritation from this product. It took a few weeks to see a difference. Very helpful in helping me maintain clear skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products