October 25, 2014 | 1652 users online

Skincare - Face - Stridex - Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The pads will dry up a small breakout for me. On deeper clogged pores, the pads will draw the infection to the surface, creating a whitehead that then has to be treated differently. This usually happens when I don't catch a breakout early and allow the infection to fester for too long.

Because of the whitehead business, they can make the healing process uglier than I want it to be. But for new, small breakouts -- they do clear up overnight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I had three boxes of 90 sent from the US. Massive fan of these. They are so much cheaper than other acid pads - those of us who worship at the feet of Ms Caroline H, should investigate for sure. They are quite strong, but have no alcohol. I get the pleasant tingle and then slip some serum over the top. My pores are looking cleaner and tighter than ever before. Will be sharing with my daughter who has started developing clogged pores lately. They are actually very wet with product. If I am simply spot treating, I push a cotton pad on top of the pile of stridex pads, and off I go. I think (including exorbitant postage prices) that these are a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have tiny closed comedones across the top of my nose, but these pads took care of them after just a few days and my skin is now completely bump-free. I was reluctant to try this because I have dry skin and I have read that salicylic acid (aka BHA) can be drying, and although it does make my skin feel a bit tight after it dries, it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Effective product for a great price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh man, what a disappointment :(

I've used these for nearly a month and have finally come to the conclusion that they are causing closed comedomes ALL over my forehead and are actually aggravating the hormonal acne around my mouth. It's unfortunate because they do make my skin feel quite a bit softer and are oh-so-cheap... I was hoping that they would be a good BHA exfoliator but, alas, my search continues. Usually my skin works well with salicylic acid, but I suspect the menthol might be clogging up my pores.

However, since they are so cheap and apparently have worked extremely well for others, I would give them a go if you are curious. As for me, I've switched to using them on my feet to remove dry skin and they are AWESOME for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by xazzie

I purchased these Stridex pads for a desert camping trip to defend against my usual clogged pores and acne-proneness. I usually use Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash with salicylic acid in the shower every morning and night, but a week in the desert without showering wouldn't allow that. So I searched everywhere for a highly regarded salicylic acid pad in tough packaging that I could take with me on my trip.

And these turned out to be a great purchase! After a week in the desert, I had only one new, tiny blemish where ordinarily I would have had a dozen. The Stridex pads did an excellent job breaking down blackheads and keeping my pores clear. I could actually see their effectiveness in my camping mirror each day.

My twice-a-day camping face regimen was this: wipe face with 2 Neutrogena makeup remover wipes (night), wipe face with 2 Stridex pads, apply Oil of Olay daily moisturizer with SPF 15, then apply makeup as normal (morning).

The only issue I had was that the jar seemed to leak one day due to the cap not fitting on properly. I always carry these types of items in a Ziploc, however, so the leak did not affect my belongings. After that, I double checked the jar each time and had no problems.

I would highly recommend these Stridex pads both for everyday, normal use and for traveling to places where your normal cleansing routine just isn't an option. So happy to have arrived back home after a week of grit and swaet with a clear face and clean pores!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

I really like these Stridex pads. I get them at Walmart for around $4, and they last FOREVER. I used a tip from MUA and rip them in half, so that they last longer. I used to use these every single night as a toner, and then put my CeraVe moisturizer on before they dried and head to sleep. That routine worked pretty well for me.

My second time purchasing these pads, I changed up my routine since now i'm using a moisturizer with retinol in it. At night after I wash my face, I rub half of a pad all over my face and let it dry for 30 minutes (for the pH to work and for it to really sink into my skin.) after that, I rinse off my face again and apply my Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer w/ retinol onto my damp skin. In the mornings, I wash my face with some honey, use the other half of the stridex pad and put moisturizer on top. I find that it wears pretty well under makeup.

While these pads have not done anything magical for my skin, they're good for removing any leftover makeup or gunk, exfoliating, and making my face feel fresh. I don't find them to be aggravating at all so I'm happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I recently stopped taking my birth control pills, and have been getting bad hormonal acne ever since. While these don't do much for my cystic hormonal acne, they do tighten up my pores and smooth out my skin. I actually use these more on my legs, underarms, and bikini line after I shave and they help keep the razor bumps/burn at a minimum. Love that these are alcohol-free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I use these pads to clear up my congested pores that seem to congregate on m chin and around my mouth. This is the only product that helps clear out the gunk. I've found recently though, that my combo/oily skin has turned quite sensitive and I can't use these on a daily basis like I used to. I also have severe cystic acne breakouts due to PCOS and these pads are just a bit too harsh, even for my cystic skin. I have noticed that the cysts dry up much quicker when I do use these, but the burning and redness is almost unbearable. I use these pads about 2-3x/week and it seems to be doing the trick just fine.

Helpful tip: The little tub contains a lot of excess liquid. After I've used about 10 of the pads, I place a few cotton rounds in the container and store it upside down in my drawer. This allows the excess liquid to soak into the added cotton rounds, without excessively drying out the remaining pads.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is a life-saver. I began breaking out with horrible acne all over my face a few months ago. It began in February 2014. It was totally out of nowhere and I had no idea why it was happening. I was 21 and washed my face every morning and night and every day with my normal cleanser, but it still kept coming. I switched from my then go-to cleanser (Burt's Bee's Gel Cleanser) to AcneFree oil-free cleanser, thinking maybe my skin needed some benzoyl peroxide instead of salicylic acid. NOPE. I used almost the whole, huge tube of it and it almost did absolutely nothing to my face. It got good reviews on MUA so I thought it might work. Then I saw the reviews for this and Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub. They were both CHEAP so I bought them. The Clean and Clear wash has no medicine in it, so I wanted something that did. That's where these pads came in. I began using both of these products in late May and my face was officially 100% clear of any pimples in the beginning of July. It should be noted that I also began Tri-Sprintec birth control pills, which I'm positive also helped immensely. That began kicking in during the second month I was on it, during June. For the month it was not really taking effect, this and the Clean and Clear still really got the job done. After using these pads, my face is red, but calms down after a little while. They also work great for occasional pimples that may pop up on one's back. I use this and the cleanser every night, and sometimes in the morning if I feel like my skin is oily. I moisturize in the morning, so that my skin can soak this in all night without having anything else interfere with it. I will probably purchase this all my life. I can't recommend it enough. I have noticed that when I just use this without the Clean and Clear cleanser, my skin gets flaky looking all over. But when I use them both it doesn't, just a tad bit dry/tight. Nothing some good moisturize won't take care of. Avoid using this near your eyes because you don't want to dry that area out, trust me. My routine is I take a shower at night and use the cleanser in the shower. Then directly when I get out and my pores are still opened from the warm water, I rub this pad all over my face and concentrate on areas that have pimples, then do a few spots on my upper back. Then I go to bed, wake up, use the cleanser again, and moisturize.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

Just bought these tonight. Honestly hoping these work, so far I've used them once and it's feeling good. Before I had bought these pads from a health spa I go to and noticed the number one ingredient was alcohol and they charged me $64 for that piece of shit!! I was so angry once I started reading what was actually in it. Now they won't let me return it, so annoyed.

So anyway I really like the whole pad idea and feel, but I wanted to find something without alcohol. These seem to be the only kind without alcohol so thank you Stridex! Although they need to get rid of the fragrance and menthol as it's not healthy to put that on your face.

These are dirt cheap so I guess I have nothing to lose except a break out. So far no irritation from first time use. I have a regular gentle lactic cleanser that I use day and night that also has some salicylic acid in it so I'm thinking of using these pads every other night as to not over do it.

I'll update in two weeks from now with hopefully nicer skin!