Stridex Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

4.1

Active Ingredient: Purpose: Salicylic acid 2.0% (w/w) Acne Medication Inactive Ingredients: Ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA.

I have been using these everyday for years and years. I use the original kind, not the one for sensitive skin. I found the sensitive skin one to not be as effective in ridding oil. I have moderately oily skin, sometimes overly oily. The face pads got rid of the oil, and prevented my skin from getting oily throughout the day. They did not make me break out. I do still get the occasional pimple, but this drys them out, and makes them go away quicker. They even dried up a severe rash, when no other product or rash cream would work. They don't really dry out my skin. But they are meant to dry your skin out a little so it can erase oil. So if you have oily skin it will help. It worked well at cleansing my skin of dirt and debris. The smell is not overwhelming. But if you get it too close to your mouth it will give you a bad taste. The price is very affordable for the amount of pads you get. I use them everyday, and they last me a few months.

on 6/23/2015 7:11:00 AM

For reference, my skin: I was on accutane several years ago for persistent cystic acne on my cheeks and extremely oily skin. Now, it is oily, although less so, and I am very prone to clogged pores.

This works amazingly for me. I use it at night after washing, wait 20 min, then apply moisturizer. My pores have been far less congested, my skin overall appears smoother and brighter. I have had no irritation from this product. It took a few weeks to see a difference. Very helpful in helping me maintain clear skin.

on 3/23/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Bought this because BP wasn't working against my acne anymore... and this made my breakouts worse! This made me get those small little bumps ALL over my forehead and some on my cheeks... and also made me more oily than normal. It could be the menthol because I have sensitive skin...

on 3/14/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i have pretty normal skin but these are wonderful at keeping my blackheads and occasional blemishes at bay. i use them nightly to wake up with smooth, even, and clear skin. and i can definitely tell a different if i skip one or two. they're a little drying but once you follow up with a moisturizer, the tightness is gone. for $3.50 at my local drugstore, these remain a holy grail status item for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

amazing.

I use AHAs, BP and adalpalene daily to keep my skin acne free after a 10 year battle. Yet, pretty much any BHA treatment would instantly really irritate my skin, presumably because they often came with camphor/alcohol/irritating ingredients. These suckers are the ONE thing that will stop a resilient spot that has valiantly surfaced into its primordial small bump phase from doing anything but shrink back to nothing. literally within a half hour.

I love these pads. So good I ship them to me from iherb and amazon.

on 3/6/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yes. These dry my skin out. But holy mother of god any skin irritation (blemish, KP) is GONE in like 12 hours. Ok the KP took longer than twelve hours but nothing took my KP away.

on 2/15/2015 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

They work great I steal these babies from my son when I have a skin issue and by the next morning I'm good as rain. He use them nightly as maintance and his skin looks pretty good.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Edit: my god, these are drying me out horribly! I have dehydrated skin but without flakes but these caused terrible flakies on my skin and make my face makeup look terrible :( I guess they're good for acne but I'm going to give these a break!

I really like these so far, I've been using them for about a week and they have really helped a lot of my blemishes come to the surface in a few minutes (sometimes with gross results) They burned my face the first time but I guess it was just because of my skin not being used to acid. Other than that, they're fine. They are a bit drying but I put on moisturizer afterward and everything's okay :) I still feel like I've been using these for too short of a time to know how effective they are, but so far so good.

PROS: Very inexpensive. Easy to find at many stores. Many love it.

CONS: Stung and reddened my sensitive skin a lot. Has cones in it, which tend to clog my pores. Very strong medicinal scent.

ALTERNATES: Paula's Choice BHA 2% ("Clear" regular strength.) It has the same percemtage of salicylic acid but is very mild to my skin and doesn't have this strong scent.

on 1/14/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried these as an inexpensive alternative to Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA Exfoliating Liquid (which I love). I believe this is as effective at fighting acne, however there are some lesser differences. The Stridex pads leave my skin feeling a bit sticky, which doesn't work well under makeup. They also leave my face feeling tight and dry, which is mildly uncomfortable. Also, the scent is unpleasant and medicinal. (The PC version has no scent and leaves no special feeling on the skin.)
On the positive side, Stridex is VASTLY cheaper, especially since I cut each individual pad in half. It's also widely available, whereas PC products must be ordered online. My skin really reacts well to BHA, it keeps me clear of acne and helps my pores appear smaller and tighter.
Bottom line, I prefer the Paula's Choice version but am very happy to know there is a choice when my budget is tight or I need to re-stock and don't want to wait for delivery.

Popular Face Skincare Products