August 28, 2014 | 1762 users online

Treatments (Face) - Merle Norman - Luxiva Changing Skin Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

I like this treatment... I have yet to decide if I love it but my skin responds well to it and is nicely moisturized and calm when I use it. My only complaint is the packaging (unsanitary in a jar) and that the SPF is not higher (would prefer 20 or 30 so I don't feel I need to use a separate sunscreen on days I will be exposed to alot of sun).

Edit: ended up not being memorable enough and too pricey to repurchase. I have moved on to the NIA 24 line which I like alot.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by FallSoShort

After reading all of the glowing reviews on this product (and recently becoming a huge MN fan), I had to go out and grab one myself. I used it for about two weeks, and although my skin tone was dramatically improved, the skin right around my jawline became EXTREMELY dry...it was bumpy and almost looked like it was peeling. I'm not sure if I'm allergic to anything in this treatment, but I continued to use my normal day-to-day routine with everything else, so it must be SOMETHING related to it. I discontinued use and my skin, although back to it's original slightly uneven tone, is smooth and rehydrated. I really wanted this to work for me, but obviously it just wasn't meant to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by merlegirl87

i love this product! i used this way before the clear complexion line came out and it helped with acne because this product addresses hormomal changes. i used this while i was pregnant and my skin stayed perfect. this product calmed the redness i used to have immediatley. i would recommend this product to anyone having issues with rosacea or with hormonal issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is pretty rare of me to review skincare products because I really don't feel that I have many skin issues and it's hard for me to tell if something is really doing anything or having an effect on my skin except for whether it moisturizes well or not. I have normal to dry aging skin. I am a 43 year old pale (NW15) redhead. I've never had acne and my skin texture is pretty smooth at this point with some fine lines around my eyes that you only see when I am smiling. I do have some larger pores around my nose area and I have started to get the occasional little spot of discoloration here and there that only I notice along with some dullness that requires regular exfoliation.. I am assuming this is normal aging. So in came Merle Normans Changing Skin Treatment. I have been experimenting over the last couple of years with this line mainly out of curiosity because the last time I tried things from Merle Norman I was a teenager and I had an image of it all being overdone and for old ladies. I have been pleasantly suprised at some of the things I have found and this cream is a prime example of something I will continue to repurchase because it is actually doing something for my skin. The blurb on the Merle Norman website says :"Moisturizing treatment specifically formulated to address the key skin care concerns associated with hormonal changes, such as dryness, sensitivity and loss of resiliency. Soothing Soy, Clover and Wild Yam botanical extracts help firm and hydrate the skin, counteracting dryness. Pro-Retinol helps condition the skin for a more youthful appearance. Optical diffusers produce a soft-focus effect that helps minimize flaws. Menthol cools skin. Contains SPF 15. After 8 weeks of use, skin resiliency is improved by 65%; the appearance of wrinkles is diminished by 39%; and evenness of skin tone is significantly improved. Safe for sensitive skin. ". End of blurb and there you have it. I can honestly say that nothing has affected my skin like this stuff. I've tried many different products for aging skin and this is the only thing that has ever made a difference. I've been using it for 3 months consistently and all of a sudden I noticed that my pores are smaller, the faint discolorations I had are still there but they have definitely lightened and my fine lines are still there but they seem to be "blurred" and softened a bit.. At first I thought it was my foundaton making me look so much better, but then one day I skipped the foundation and I realized it is my skin that is looking better, not the product on top of it. I can now go without foundation and only wear light dusting of loose powder and some blush and my skin looks luminous. My skin is clearer, smoother and even firmer than it was.Shockingly, for the first time in my life, I am experiencing the Ad copy that accompanied a product I am using. I apply this treatment in the AM and PM under my regular moisturizer. The nitetime moisturizer I have been using with this is another Merle Norman product called Wrinkle Smoother and that too really gives my skin a lovely plumped texture and a softness without a trace of stickiness. I must warn you that this Changing Skin Treatment cream is a frightening mint green color in the jar but once it is on your face it just blurs discolorations and imperfections and gives you a glow like you would not believe. If you have any redness in your skin that you want to get rid of this would be something you should definitely check out. I am always skeptical of descriptions of dramatic results from product use like those that the Merle Norman website gives in their blurb for this but in this case, for me at least, it is the absolute truth. If you are feeling like your skin is looking dull or losing some of its clarity or firmness, give this a try. I've used lots of more expensive products that couldn't hold a candle to this!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update 9/26/09: I still use this and it's still wonderful!! I had stopped for a while (why i don't know) and my skin wasn't as good.
I have been using this product for several weeks, after reading the great reviews here. At first I wasn't sure about it - it looked like a pretty small jar for so much money ($38 or $42 I think) and it was the most awful color! Creamy mint green! Ugh! But, I really like it! It goes on smoothly and blends quickly. The green seems to tone down any red in my skin and leaves a smooth, matte finish. As I said in my other review for the Wrinkle Smoother, my skin is much improved since I started using Merle Norman skincare products. My skin is clearer, my pores seem smaller (and less clogged) and my skin tone is better. My breakouts have been markedly reduced too. This cream is marketed for older women with hormonal skin changes, and I didn't think that was me - but I do like the improvements I've seen in my skin! I'm a bit over 40, so I guess I qualify:-) I highly recommend this cream. It has lots of antioxidents and botanicals in it, and it really does tone down the redness.
Merle Norman is cruelty free too!! An added bonus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trying this version of the eye cream for about a week now, and just went and bought the jar today. I have very sensitive skin, but my skin has been reacting beautifully to the Merle line. I had been going to the various mall counters to see about a good eye cream. It seems as if my skin has grown accustomed to the Clinique I have been using for 20 years, and I needed a change. All the SA would tell me how dry my eye area was, but then didn't offer samples of the product. That is one thing I love about the Merle in the area. I have tried several eye creams, only to break out in zits all over the eye lid area. This didn't cause a break out, and my eyes feel so moisturized now! Although this says it is for changes that occur in your 40's and 50's, I am finding that this is a perfect eye cream, and I am still in my 30's! Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by nancyjill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have roscea - use this product. The zinc oxyide takes away the red almost immediately!! It also has an spf. It feels wonderful and seems to add moisure to your skin. I use it day and night with my moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2006 12:31:00 AM More reviews by kimlovekelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as my night time moisturizer (I use the sheer defense tined in the daytime with ultra powder in chiffon or neutral depending on the season) on top. Even tho it has SPF 15 in it I love the way it sinks into my super oily skin and hydrates, not greases up my skin. I do feel it has firmed up and brightened my face too, of course Ive been using this for years now...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bozinho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is excellent, it has is an excellent moisturizer and firmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2004 8:15:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I already did a separate review of the the Changing Skin Eye Complex; this particular product is for the face. This product also contains wild yam and soy and feels good on the skin. It really hydrates, but you could also use a separate moisturizer; it's excellent under makeup and has optical diffusers in to help with discolorations of the skin (ie: rosacea, freckles, age spots, etc). Give this a try!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No