April 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Skincare - Body - Sally Hansen - Airbrush Legs in Light Glow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by thegamerglam

My legs have always caused me many insecurities. They are considerably paler than the rest of me and they somehow refuse to tan, no matter how much sun they get. I also have a ton of scars from various ingrowns that I've gotten over the years from every method of hair removal under the sun. This makes me very self-conscious and I NEVER show my legs, even in 100+ degree Texas heat.

Until this product. it didn't ERASE these imperfections, at least not 100%, but it made them so minimal that I'm no longer embarrassed and ashamed of my legs. They look great, not fake, orange, or streaky at all, and didn't stain my white clothing.

one thing to be careful of is to make sure your legs are freshly exfoliated. Also, try to build up coverage, else it may look too heavy. And use lotion, especially on the knees! It can accentuate and settle in drier areas, so make sure you're moisturized.

this stuff gave me my confidence back in my legs. I can wear what I want and not feel like my legs look awful. I can't believe it took me so long to buy this and try it out, but now I can't imagine NOT using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great - it makes your legs look flawless. It is a little messy though, so I recommend spraying on outside, or in the bathroom behind a shower curtain - otherwise it can get on your walls, floors, etc. Wish it were a little cheaper also, but it's a staple for me and a must have. It may even last through a shower or 2, or until you shave your legs again. (It is not a self tanner, it's simply a topical "foundation" for your legs)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MikiBee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm SO thankful I finally tried this product. I am extremely pale with light blonde hair and blue eyes. All my life I tried to tan... to the point that I ended up with melanoma. Not worth it. Tried fake tanning for years, but am allergic to whatever makes your skin turn tan. I've tried all the brands, and I end up in hives. Besides that, I could never get past the stink-- always made me self conscious. I figure if I can smell that icky fake tan smell, other people could too. I felt resigned to be pale and never get to wear dresses again.

I have a wedding coming up tomorrow, and found a really cute dress to wear. I tried it on and no way was I going to wear it with my uber white legs. You're not supposed to wear white to a wedding! Haha! I talked myself out of wearing the dress because of my legs, and decided on black pants and a dressy blouse, but was not looking forward to that either--- didn't seem dressy enough.

I had heard of this Airbrush Legs, but figured it would be like foundation, and that it would smudge and rub off making my legs look even more ridiculous. Not to mention, I thought it would be virtually impossible to get an even color over such a large area as legs. There was no way I would try it... But today, I don't know what made me look this up, but I found Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs online and read such amazing reviews. I ran to Walgreen's and bought the Light and Medium, just in case. Tried it and was amazed at how easy it was to apply, had hardly any scent that totally disappears as soon as it's dry, and it looked incredible! So much more natural looking than fake tans, and no hives! I let it dry and put on white pants! No transfer to the pants at all. I did use the light version since I'm so pale, figuring I could go darker if it didn't work, and the light is really just right for my skin, considering the rest of me is also pretty pale. I don't notice ANY shimmer at all on me. I have been staring at my legs all day, so I would know if there was any shimmer. I think they must have changed their formulation or something. But I HIGHLY recommend this product if you want to add a little color, but want to stay away from the sun (us whities need to be really careful.. melanoma really just isn't worth it). I will use this product when I want to dress up, or any time I want to give myself a little color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by olivsimp13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried numerous self-tanners in the past, all of which have made me look like I have some sort of weird skin condition, but SH Airbrush Legs has changed my mind about self-tanners! I first bought this a few months back while on a trip with my husband. I wanted a nice glow since it is hot out and I was going to be wearing shorts most of the time. I applied this by spraying in my hands and then rubbing it onto my legs and was shocked at how great it looked! I did attempt to apply two coats the first time I used it to be sure every bit of my leg was covered and looked great, but I found that the product transfers onto clothing, etc. much easier if there are multiple layers, otherwise I have no issues with SH Airbrush Legs. I actually had a friend compliment me on my "tan" the other day! :D I have recommended this product to family and friends and will most definitely be repurchasing in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mate27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well as most of the reviewers here I am reaaaaally reallyyy paaaleee (NC15), and have paler legs.. But this product is GREAT and gives me the color I wished I had! It gives you a beautiful coloooor, my legs do look really good, the only thing I don't like is the shimmer, its too glowy and I can't use it at day without looking like one of those weird vampires from twilight but tanned .. I use it only at night but It looks really natural, its not yellow, its the perfect color .. Its really easy to apply, but what I do is wet a little my legs and hands and spray it on my legs and with my hand I'll rub it on my legs and it blends great and it doesn't patch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ashleyford

PROS: Helps give legs some color, doesn't come off too terribly easily once it dries, makes spider veins and ingrown hairs less noticeable. I have black hair and pale skin and you always see my hair under my skin, I have ingrowns badly due to sensitive skin no matter what I do and some spider veins from being a waitress for years. This stuff doesn't cover 100 percent but it does cover enough that I am finally able to wear shorts when I used to refuse.

CONS: I would like to disagree with the reviews that say it doesn't smell or streak EVER. It streaks IF you don't pay attention when you rub it in. I personally don't like the smell. Also in artificial light the color looks great but if you have ivory skin like me, sometimes it's a little orangey outside/in natural light. I have never tried it going to the beach if I planned to get in the water so I can't speak on that. I find a light dusting of cheap ELF powder in a similar shade takes away from some of the orangey-ness IF I AM planning on being in natural light a lot and not sitting on anything because I'm sure the powder would run off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love that stuff. Dries in a flash, makes my legs look great, stays on until you wash it off. Great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by AliaGhobash

please don't buy this product , its cheap . it irritated my pale legs . it stuck on clothing . its almost impossible to get rid of . it has an ugly color. i had to use my facial cleanser to clean my legs . it looks so uneven . go get a 15 minute tan outside ( with extra virgin olive oil) . everyday for 2 weeks . it will give you a healthy natural glow , without out giving you sunburn !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am medium skin tone and so grateful I purchased the light glow. I used the medium creme in the store and it was too dark for me. In any event I have always been self conscious about my legs because I am a veiny mess with the worlds worst white trash 1990's tattoo on my ankle,oh its bad. I used this product as directed and seriously it gave my legs a much better look. then I dabbed just a touch of kat von D tattoo cover up and it was like I was a normal human again who didnt have weird spider veins and a dull fairy on her leg( I was young ok). I will forever use this product. it didnt get on my clothes, but I will add that at the end of the night I showered because I didnt want to go to sleep with this stuff on my legs. It came off no problem because yes when I stepped out of the shower I was transformed back to old self with ugly legs.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by chinagirl

I am extremely pale and for the last several years I would apply self tanner to my arms & legs every few days during the warmer months, but after awhile it was becoming burdensome.I was never keen on the smell of self tanners & got sick of all the grunt work needed to get a natural, streak free finish. Finally, after seeing so many beautiful fair skinned actresses who embraced their natural skin color I decided it was time to do the same. I noticed the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in drugstores & places like Target for quite awhile but it never occurred to me to try it myself. As much as I embraced my paleness I just wanted something to take the glare off of my legs. After reading the reviews on MUA I decided to try the Light Glow and I was hooked from the first application!!
With the Light Glow I got just a hint of color but not enough to look weird against the rest of me. Once it sets (after a minute) it's there to stay & will only come off with soap & water. There's no smell and virtually no mess ( I use a baby wipe to get it off my hands). I also don't find this overly glittery or shimmery.
My legs are pretty decent in terms of blemishes, I just have a broken vein behind my right knee which I cover with a heavy duty concealer such as Hard Candy's Glamoflage or Estee Lauder's Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation. SH Airbrush Legs is not opaque so don't expect it to do any heavy duty concealing.
As for application itself I think it works best over smooth, moisturized legs. I shake the can, spray a little into one hand, rub both hands together then rub over 1 leg. I repeat for the other leg then wipe my hands with a baby wipe. I let it set for a minute before getting dressed and have never had an issue with it transferring onto clothing or sheets. I've recently started using safflower oil as a body moisturizer and I was worried that the Airbrush Legs wouldn't set over it but it hasn't been an issue.
I am on my 2nd can of this and I will keep repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No