Redken Smooth Down [DISCONTINUED]

on 10/2/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i have thick, wavy hair and quite coarse too...common guys...Dove hair therapy is equally good..dun waste yr bucks!

on 12/12/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

like a lot of ladies said on the website..i tried to love this product, i forced myself to see a difference in my hair.
i was SO dissapointed with this shampoo.
the lady said it would be perfect for my long dry thick hair...YA RIGHT.
i washed my hair in the morning and a few hours later i had giantttt flakes of dandruff and my roots were greasy & my ends were super dry.
i give up on the shampoo , the conditioner is alright(for now)
i had to use dish soap to remove all the gunk that this left in my hair
i do not recommend this shampoo at all

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well talk about expensive here! I have dry, thick, frizzy, and puffy hair that go just below the shoulders. This product sorta...not really pleased me. It made my hair soft and silky. The frizz toned down a bit, and the puffiness was gone! That being said I used the matching conditioner *I always use conditioner NO MATTER WHAT!!* and I blow dried my hair. I noticed that if I air dry...the puffiness is HUGE and the frizz doesn't help either. You gotta give it some time, but It's not something huge. Don't get me started on the price either!!!! I won't be buying this again. You can get better shampoos for a cheaper price. Plus it's not sulfate free! It's an okay product, I mean it's not really something you wanna get for such a price. Not a bang for your buck. I really wanted to like this. Sucks for me =-(

on 7/11/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

All I can say is...WOW! I have super thick and coarse hair and never bothered trying out this shampoo until now because I thought it wouldn't really help. I have been using this product for 2 days now and this is the first product to really stop all my frizz and make my hair super soft and managable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair type is moderately thick, dry, damaged, wavy. Might I add, it's at the long hair don't care stage, so I'm not expecting any miracles in the damage repair department. However, I bought this shampoo on a recommendation for long hair, and while I don't think it was made for that, I do like it. It smells good - elegant I'd say. The cleansing quality is okay though; I feel like it moisturizes the scalp but does not cleanse as well. That being said, I have my mom's "dandruff curse," so honestly nothing dandruff shampoo works for it. Anyway, I think my hair type is made for more damaged/dry types than frizzy, like Redken Extreme. Though this is my fault for refusing to get my hair trimmed and straightening once a week. Do try it out I you don't abuse your hair like me :)

on 6/27/2012 1:11:00 PM

I have very thick, poofy and slightly waved hair. I used this combined with the conditioner. I had high expectations about this product, but sadly it dissapointed me... It does not clean my hair at all and my hair gets more and more greasy everytime I wash my hair. My hair got knot-free and soft, but more kind of greasy-soft. It did not 'tame' my big hair, it did actually make it bigger and gave my hair some wierd curls. The bottle is not very inspiriring and the price is too high for my opinion. I really want to like this product, but sadly I can't say anything good about it ;( Definitely not a re-buy :(

on 12/31/2011 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

smooth down by redken is a verry good shampoo that transforms colored hair into silk! Great for fine hair that breaks a little! It lathers well,smells amazing!it's got macademia oil in it.verry good shampoo for those who's got friizzy hair as well! My hair is soft with more volume,shines and smells divine!love it! Will buy the butter for sure !

on 11/5/2011 11:45:00 PM

I like this product. I straighten my hair pretty much 5 days a week for school and this helps to keep it smooth. It doest get ri of the fly aways up at the top of my head though. But defiently helps

on 11/3/2011 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

good smoothing shampoo like the smell (:

on 10/29/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product works wonder on my dry and frizzy hair. Smells fantastic and it is a little bit expensive in Malaysia. RM46 for that small bottle. I love this and will definitely buy it again. This product suitable for people who always style their hair with heat ( blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron etc.)